Chapter 45

Next day I woke ,I took shower then I ate oats for my breakfast . After that I packed my bag for school . Today is a beautiful day with warm sunshine , I thought to myself as I peeped through my room's window. I then get ready for school . Then I zoomed off to school on my scooty .Our class teacher informed us  about  an exhibition in school for senior secondary classes including class 11 and class 12. Students can make projects on their respective subjects according to their choice .What attracted my attention was the prize. Nope it was not a trophy or certificate but the winners will get a  scholarship and  admission in higher education . I mean prestigious colleges will give admission and sponsper the education of the winners accordingly.

Cherry and Taniya are always ready to participate in whichever competition they can participate and I really admire their spirit of participation . So, Cherry and Taniya chose to work together on a chemistry project . I could see my classmates making projects on Physics , Chemistry and Biology . I too want to do something but I want to do something different  , something which is out of the box. Ok.....let me think about it later .

Now it is recess time . I sit in the ground with Cherry and Taniya . We ate our food happily . We got up to go to our classroom and we had crossed half of the ground towards our class when I realised I had forgotten my lunch box in the ground . Cherry and Taniya went towards the class while I came back in the ground to collect my lunch box. As I picked up the lunch box , I heard screams of girls from our school courtyard . I got goosebumps , because this is the same courtyard  where senior wing building is located on whose second floor our class is situated that means Cherry and Taniya might be in danger . Argh....why the hell the girls are screaming . Is their some fire accident or may be the building collapsed what the heck am I thinking .

I ran towards the courtyard from where the screams were heard   . As I reached the spot my eyes popped out in horror . Argh...what the hell is happening in my school . I saw a girl literally hanging from railing of the third floor. I was so terrified . I saw Taniya and Cherry  crying  while  seeing the girl clinging to the railing . I stood in between Cherry and Taniya so that I could get support from them if I feel dizzy due to panic .

Within a few minutes Sneha Ahuja , the head girl of the school somehow pulled that girl up. All the girls who saw this incident were petrified . I , Taniya and Cherry were also terrified . As soon as we reached  our class . Our class teacher came to the class and she explained  the whole incident  to  us calmly .

Shashi miss told us " Look girls don't worry . This girl whom you saw clinging to the railing was playing a victim card . This girl has a disease called Kleptomania due to which she has a habit of stealing things . So, today this girl stole a flower vase  which belonged to a TGT teacher .This girl stole the flower  vase which was kept  in   the class cupboard of that teacher. The teacher  got to know about the stealing so she complained about this girl  to the Principal  in  fourth period . The principal scolded the girl and she  asked the receptionist  to call the girl's  parents after lunch break . This girl feared that she might get suspended .So, she sneaked on the third floor during recess. Then she tried to blackmail the teachers by clinging to the railing and she warned  everyone
" If you try to suspend me or call my parents then I will jump from here .Luckily, the head girl of school saved the girl and the reputation of our school.

The girl was immediately taken to the principal office after this incident where her father had come as he was informed about the fiasco . Her father informed the principal and supervisor  that " My daughter suffers from kleptomania . If you are suspending my daughter then give a full written note about the whole incident and the reason behind suspension  because I fear that my daughter might go to the police and narrate a false story about this whole incident filing a case against me . My daughter's  mental condition is such that she can go to any extent to bring trouble to my life and our family . Even I am fed up with my daughter".

We all felt astonished listening to the whole story . I was literally speechless as my mind couldn't decide whether I should pity the girl for her disease or should I be angry on the father for not taking his daughter for proper treatment and blaming daughter  for the whole incident by playing a victim card for himself or should I be angry on the girl for risking her life just to blackmail teachers to avoid punishment  .My school is a crazy place where any unexpected thing can happen .

Then I went to coaching . After that I returned home .I saw my mom sitting alone in the lounge . I sat near her and I tried to talk to her . I know mom is feeling lonely because earlier mom used to keep herself busy in hospital but now she is too idle at home . I know it is difficult for a workaholic to stay alone at home. When I go to school and coaching mom must be feeling so lonely . After having dinner , I went to my room .

I switched on my laptop I searched some jobs sites. May be can find a good job for mom . After all my mom is a famous  Cardiologist with years of experience so any  hospital would hire mom happily . At last I saw a job offer at Fortis Hospital which requires a head cardiologist . I found everything suitable for my mom in this job. So, I filled the form and I applied for the job. If these people liked my mom's profile then they will contact on the email. So, intentionally I have filled my e mail id in the form. First I will convince mom to pursue this job for my sake. This time I will handle dad and I won't let Dad's domination to prevail .

I then packed my school bag and set my alarm clock for tomorrow. Then I  sat on my bed and I remembered about the school exhibition and it's scholarship . If  I get the scholarship then I can get admission and scholarship in good college after +2 (Class 12) .Yupp I need to win this scholarship to secure my future and make  my mom tension free about my career.

Wait..... first what career should I choose for myself . I can't become a doctor just for my dad's wish secondly, I can't work as a slave under my dad who has tormented my mom for years . Career is something you  do by your own interest , something which gives you happiness , something which you do happily without even feeling that you are burdened by it when you have to do excessive work in that field. What is that thing that makes  me happy in life while giving me peace and contentment .

Yes I know what it is . I open my secret box which contains my sketch files of my designs . This is indeed my treasure where I have kept all designs of dresses, clothes and gowns sketched in these files . I give glance over the designs for a while then I keep it back safely . Yes! I am going to exhibit my designs in the school  exhibition. With new hopes, ideas and dreams I finally sleep waiting for a new beginning in my life.

********CHAPTER    ENDS***********