Chapter 11

After reaching home from coaching I was still blushing like a red tomato . I hope nobody at home sees this blush of mine because I am not able to hide anyhow . I straight go in my room , freshen up and I change into my favourite polka dots pyjamas and a cute Sponge Bob t- shirt . I walk down for dinner and I feast Paneer Butter Masala ( Cottage cheese with spicy butter curry) made by our cook Robby Uncle . Mom and I eat dinner quietly because Mom looks visibly tired today from all the work load on her shoulders as she is looking after her patients and hospital administration at the same time. After finishing my dinner I help Reena didi in putting utensils in the sink while our cook Robby leaves for his home as he comes to our house twice a day to cook Lunch and Dinner . After helping Reena didi I find Mom sitting in the lounge with her laptop . She is engrossed in some work . So, I go to her quietly and give her a big hug .Mom hugs me in return and pats my head . I love when she pats my head with affection.

I notice Mom has eye bags , work load is taking a toll on my Mom . She has worked hard for her entire life as a doctor, as a caring wife and a doting mother . While I was admiring my Mom , I didn't notice that now Mom had closed her laptop . She called my name and I got out of trance of my thoughts .I looked at her face and I saw tears in her eyes . I seriously can't see my Mom crying . I quickly wiped her tears and asked her if she was okay . She assured me that she was fine .

My mind was going crazy thinking of the reason behind my Mom's tears .Mom understood my worry about her . She started speaking to me " Diya beta , I love you my child . Forgive me for not supporting you in front of your strict Dad. I never stood against him all these years because he is my husband . I always asked you to obey him because he is your father .I know he is strict, rude and harsh . But still he loves you ,although he never expresses his love towards you . He worked hard to give you a good life and he gave you things even before you uttered for them from your mouth.We both never tried for a second child because we wanted to give you full attention and best luxuries of life .I know we could not spend enough time with you due to our demanding and workaholic profession but that doesn't mean that we love you any lesser. We both , especially your Dad has toiled hard for you , from the day you were born he wanted you to become a doctor .It's your Dad's dream to see you as a doctor . Now it's your turn to make him happy ."

I was speechless after hearing my Mom . There was a conflict between my mind and heart . My heart wants to pursue my own dreams and ambition while my mind says to become a doctor and make my parents happy. I wondered if I become a doctor then my father will become a bit lenient and gentle towards me . Then finally my mind won over my heart and I decided to work my ass off and become a doctor .

Next day at school was hectic as we were given a datesheet for mid term exams to be held in September and our teachers got in action to complete their reaming mid term syllabus by the dead line of mid August. So , we had our normal lectures as per the time table plus extra classes during the morning school assembly and even in the recess time . After school I felt tired , irritated and hungry . Argh....now I need to drive back home from school on my scooty . I don't feel like driving but I have to because this is what I will be doing for the next 2 years.

As soon as I reached home I washed my face and I slept on my bed without changing my school uniform .Reena didi tried to wake me up but I was too tired and sleepy to eat anything .So, I decided to take a nap instead of eating .I asked Reena didi to wake me up on time . When Reena didi woke me up I stood up like a robot and got dressed in whatever clothes came in my hand from my cupboard, then I washed my face with water . But due to my short unusual nap my eyes were half sleepy, swollen and red, I looked like a zombie out of a science fiction movie .I had no time to think about how pathetic I looked. After getting ready I packed my bag for coaching and I zoomed off to my coaching. Journey to coaching was such a pain ,Sun was blazing like a huge ball of fire literally burning everything that came in the way of it's rays. So, I made a mental note to wear Sun glasses🕶 and a scarf while traveling to coaching.

I reached in time and I attended all the 3 lectures of one hour each . I was sitting next to Chirag during lectures and he guessed that I was not okay . I assured him that I was fine and I sat patiently through the lectures. Although my empty stomach was growling in hunger , my hands were trembling while I was making notes from the lecture. After the lectures got over I rushed out of the lecture hall as I felt a wave of nausea .

I moved out of the hall to the corridor and I sat on a chair for a few minutes , then I felt better. I decided to head home faster as I knew I was feeling unwell . Since all the three elevators were occupied I decided to take the stairs .Half of the students were already gone and the remaining had either taken elevator or the stairway. So, when I took the stairs, there were only a few people descending the stairway and I was alone at the top of stair case . I had descended only 2 or 3 stairs when a head rush took me over . I thought I would be tumbling down the stairs and get hurt badly but someone grabbed my arm from behind before I could completely collapse and fall down from the stairs.

I tried to look who saved me through my blurry vision . I knew who saved me from those hazel chocolate brown eyes that looked over me in concern. Then everything went pith black . When I opened my eyes I saw Chirag sitting next to me while he had one of my palm in his hand. I could see concern lacing in his eyes . As he noticed I was awake again he left my palm and he asked me about my health. I smiled in return .

Meanwhile a doctor came inside to inspect me . I gave Chirag a questionable look and he answered my unsaid question that I was in a dispensary of the coaching as I had fainted and Chirag took me to the dispensary . I mouthed him a thank you and he nodded in return.

Doctor told me that I had a low blood pressure which made me faint . Doctor questioned me if I had not eaten anything for a while or not. I told him that I had not taken any food after having my breakfast . Yes, I had not eaten anything for nearly 12 hours now, I thought to myself. Doctor advised me not to skip meals and eat proper food on regular intervals . I nodded like an obedient student to the Doctor's advice.

Then I ate a sandwich which Chirag had ordered for me from the canteen of our coaching. I guess I ate the sandwich like I was eating food after days of hunger strike. After finishing my sandwich I thanked Chirag for saving me from fall off and then buying me a sandwich . He smiled and told me that he helped me as a friend and there is no place of thank you and sorry in a true friendship. I smiled at his generosity and laughed at his cheeky " no sorry and no thank you in friendship" line.

Then I and Chirag went to the parking lot to fetch our vehicles. Chirag asked me if I could ride back home on my own. I assured him that I could ride my scooty. Then I rode back home on my scooty . After going home I took a shower , ate my dinner properly and then I slept peacefully.

*******CHAPTER ENDS************