Chapter 47

I dedicate this chapter to ishqdinoorhai3 .Your support throughtout the book has made me  better as I writer and as  a storyteller .Thanks for ur votes and specially reveiws which gave me an idea of what a reader might think  after reading my book.

After one month I got an e mail from the Fortis hospital asking for Mom's interview as they really liked the profile. I tried to convince mom but she  was refusing to take up a job . I tried to convince my  mom "Mom you should give the interview , it's a nice job and you love your profession then  how can you  refuse it ".Dad heard our conversation  . He shouted "How dare you Naina , I will thrash you today!". My mom shivered in fear. I knew Now or never so I stood by my mom and I spoke "Dad you can't raise your hand on her now. Just because she is your wife does not give you the  right to beat her. Dad don't even think to hurt my mom". Dad shouted my name and he raised his hand , I closed my eyes in fear . I expected a tight slap but my mom came in between and she stopped my father's hand in mid air .

My mom then retorted back " How dare you raise your  hand on my daughter ? You tortured me , killed my elder daughter , blackmailed me, raped me several times but now I   won't  let you harm Diya . I will protect my daughter at any cost!". Dad was visibly shocked and I could see him nervous for the first time ever .Before this  I  have never seen my mom revolting or standing up for me  . Dad again thundered  "Naina if I leave you then you both will beg on streets . You are such a pain for me , you could not even give me a son. Naina you should be thankful to me that I tolerated you for years when you could not even give me a son! After this evil head Diya was born you never let me have a son with you , I am sure you have been cheating me all these years. Naina you are a whore , a woman of questionable character and your daughter is on your path as she is roaming around with a boy , I  guess  Diya has find a suitable job for you where you can easily lure men in my absence! ".

My mom a gave tight slap to dad in response . The slap was so intense that Dad fell on the floor and he broke his jaw . Dad looked so evil and funny with his hung open mouth caused by the broken jaw . He cried trying to shut his mouth . Mom thundered " I won't live with a monster like you. I will send you Divorce papers , sign them and get lost from our lives forever . If you don't divorce me than I will charge you for murder, threat , domestic violence , rape and  you will spend rest of your  life in jail!".

Mom and I took all our stuff and all the important  documents required and we went left the house or should I say we left  the  living hell .We went to Nani-Nanu house . Mom finally told everything to her parents and she cried in her mother's lap. Nani- Nanu too cried with her listening to the heinous deeds of my father but to  my astonishment Nanu- Nani stood like solid rock  behind their daughter .Nani said to my mom " My daughter I am old but still I am your mother , I will always support you and I am proud that you left that demon . Nanu too supported mom . After a week mom went for her interview and she  got the job. I gave my final exams and I stood first in the class. I saw Ruchi getting angry on her minions and asking them " Who the hell stood first and how can I come second in the class?". One minion told Ruchi that I stood first . Ruchi boiled with anger and she slapped that minion in anger .

I guess Ruchi deserves to burn in the fire of jealousy because a person like Ruchi can never change .After that my mom finally got divorce from my biological father . Yes I said biological father because he never loved me like a true father. He is an insult to the word father .From tomorrow my class 12 is beginning . Definitely I  have  entered  a new level in my personal  life  and career wise . I hope I sail through it .

So , first day of class 12 and last year of my school starts . I took blessings from Nanu-Nani and mom . Last 6 months have been so peaceful because I and Mom live with Nani Nanu in their house . I feel bless to have Nanu Nani in my life as they have given us so much love and care which our lives lacked earlier .

So, on my first day of class 12  I  go to my class and I meet my friends . The day was quite peaceful at school . Even all  teachers of our class  are very supportive and friendly .Our class Teacher Ryma Joseph is so sweet and helpful that everyone feels comfortable to share any problem with her .

Six months of class 12 has passed so smoothly that I didn't even realise that 6 months are already over .Today I  have my PTM for the midterm exam results . My mom is  coming  to collect my report card. I am so happy because mom is  so excited for my results that she came 10 minutes before the PTM started .

So , Mom waited in the canteen for the PTM to start . So, I too went to my mom so that she don't feel alone and awkward in school canteen around so many kids and teens. I sat with mom in the canteen , one of Ruchi's minion came and fake pitied me " So, sorry to hear that you live alone with your mom and grandparents that must so tough that Diya". Before I could answer , Taniya spoke " Trisha why  are you so  keen in Diya's life today ? Mind your own business ". Trisha shot back " Diya's mom had  an  affair that is why her father left her mom and Diya ". I was speechless how are people judging me and my mom's character by this divorce . These 6 months have been so tough for me emotionally and then these people of so called society are leaving no stone unturned to hurt us by their insensitive words , accusations and fake sympathy. We don't want  sympathy we just want to live with self respect. Thank god mom didn't words of Trisha because  my  mom  is talking to other parent now.

While  I  was lost in my world,   Taniya retorted back " Trisha Oh...I am sorry . I didn't ask you about your father . I hope is fine in jail after making a fraud in the bank in which he worked as a manager ". I saw Trisha's head hung low in shame  so I  felt that Trisha  must be feeling what I feel when I think about my father or when someone points out that my mom is divorcee .So, I tried to stop Taniya but she continued " Listen I didn't  meant to hurt or offence you Trisha  but I wanted you to realise the pain which Diya is going through right now, secondly Diya and her mom are fighters who stood against a misogynist man ,so don't pity them ". Trisha mumbled a sorry as she realised her mistake and she went away.

The result went good . I again stood first in my class. My mom hugged me in happiness . Then as we were about to get up after talking to Ryma miss, Ruchi came and said  "Hello " to my mom. As a courtesy mom replied to her . Then Ruchi made a sad face and said " Aunty it must be so tough for you to live without uncle , I mean divorce is really tough . Diya I feel so sorry for you . Your dad use to abuse your mom and he even mistreated you that have made you a patient of panic attacks".

My eyes got filled with tears as all bad times came to my mind . Secondly, Ryma miss knew nothing about my past life but now Ruchi has indirectly told everything to Ryma miss leaving me humiliated in front of my class teacher . My mom spoke up this time " Ruchi dear thanks for your concern by god's grace I and my daughter are doing great in life . These days women need to have spine for their self . Gone are the days where women stood silent and took all atrocities of their husband.

If a survivor does not speak or fight against his oppressor then survivor too is supporting the oppressor or the criminal . I and my daughter stood against Ashish because he was wrong . So, we don't need anyone's pity , mercy or shaming because we stood for our rights , we both are capable to live our life with dignity . Ryma Madam I work in a reputed hospital as a senior Cardiologist so I can look after my daughter and my parents . Secondly, Diya is talented and she makes me  proud everyday".

Ryma miss smiled in response , Ruchi the devil was left tongue tied. I love my tigress mom who is fearless, strong, independent and brave . My mom has become an inspiration to me.

SURELY  IT  IS  TRUE  THAT,

"LIFE DOES NOT COME WITH A              MANUAL BUT
IT DOES COME WITH A MOTHER "

*******CHAPTER    ENDS************