Chapter 23

Next day the alarm beeped frantically making me come out of my cosy slumber . I stretched my arms and I moved out of my bed . Then after doing all my morning chores , I wore my school uniform . Then I ate my breakfast quickly . After that I returned back in room . I stood infront of the mirror of my dressing  table. Then I tied my hair into a high ponytail. I kept a moisturizer , face wash , lip gloss and a kohl stick in my school bag , I kept these things in my bag because I am going to watch Chirag's match  today so there might be heat , dirt and dust at the Basketball court area so, these things specially the face wash will be a great help to me for cleansing my face  after the basketball  match  gets over . Secondly , I want to look presentable when I meet Chirag.

Then after seeing the mirror for one last time  I  drove to my school. I  told  my  besties  that  today  I  will go and watch the basketball match after the  recess and I will skip  my rest of the classes at school. Cherry and Taniya in response  teased me with Chirag's name and made fun of me for behaving like a typical girlfriend . Well....I rolled my eyes to their teasing . Argh...yupp I am behaving like a typical gf caring about my looks and all . But I guess nothing is wrong in it if my heart and mind wants to look pretty in front of Chirag and nevertheless it's my choice whether to apply makeup on my skin or not.

After recess I headed towards the Basketball court while Cherry and Taniya attended rest of the classes . Today I could see that all lot of audience is here , I guess it is a crucial match of the tournament that is why so many people are watching the match today. I was looking  here and there to find a seat for myself when someone called my name . I turned around and I saw Arjun who is Chirag's roommate . Arjun smiled at me with courtesy and then he offered me a chair in the front row which to my surprise was empty  inspite of so much crowd .I thanked him, then I got seated on the chair as  the match was about to start .

Arjun told me that he was given rest from today's match and today he was the water boy of the team . After a few minutes ,the  match started between Delhi team and Uttar Pradesh team . The game started at full swing . I saw Chirag dribbling the ball with swag and my heart was racing whenever the ball was passed to Chirag from his teammates. After 2 rounds of 12 minutes each ,both the teams were neck to neck with 3 baskets  ( goals ) for their respective teams . Then a half time of 15 minutes was called for players to take a break in which they could drink water / energy drinks  and  discuss strategy with their coaches and teammates.

I wondered that today I was actually watching  a game with interest. May be the game was indeed interesting or was it Chirag's presence that made me watch the match with keen interest.

Well....I can't decide what  reason made me watch the match with full focus and interest . During the halftime break I saw Chirag drinking water and discussing some strategy with his teammates. Then he called Arjun towards himself to give him some energy drink . After sipping the energy drink , Chirag said something in Arjun's ear. Then Arjun went away and the game resumed again .

After a few minutes , Arjun came to me with a glass of soft drink and a sandwich . He insisted me to have the sandwich and the soft drink , I looked at him confusingly . Arjun understood my confusion and he said " Chirag had asked me to care of you as the weather is quite warm right now and you might feel thirsty . Please don't deny it as Chirag has asked me to take care of any food refreshment you might require .If I don't abide his instructions then he will definitely eat my head out . So, please Diya Bhabhi (sister in law ) take it ." The word Bhabhi ( Sister in law) made me blush profusely . I gave Arjun a curious look and he told me that Chirag himself  told him that  I  and Chirag  are  dating  now. Uff...now even Arjun knows that I am Chirag's girlfriend . Argh.....right now I am melting with shyness.

I corrected Arjun saying " You can call  me Diya because right now I am only Chirag's girlfriend ." Arjun wiggled his eye brows and said
" But I am sure that in future you will be my sister in law". I was awestruck by Arjun's statement then it dawned upon me what Arjun had blurted out and then  my face became like a bright red tomato . I was at a lost of words .

Then a whistle blew diverting Arjun's attention towards the basketball court . I internally thanked the referee who had blown the whistle as it helped me to come out of an  awkward situation .Then Arjun went to sit with one of his coach . As Arjun went away, I  took a sigh of relief because any further queries , jokes and teasing by Arjun regarding Chirag's relation with me could become   really  awkward  for me.

I got out of my trance of thoughts and then I focussed on the basketball court . I could see determination on Chirag's face . One round of 12 minutes was over and now a  final round of 12 minutes was  left . I heard the commentator saying" It is the most crucial round of this  match as it will decide the winner of this match and the winner will directly go to the finale match of the tournament" .

I did a final prayer as the last and the  most important round of the match is going on . Chirag's teammates were trying hard to keep the ball with them. Then one of Chirag's teammate cunningly threw the ball towards Chirag . Chirag grabbed the ball swiftly , then like a pro he dribbled the ball, took a high jump and he threw the ball in the basket.

The audience erupted with joy.  "Delhi wins the match ,sealing their position in the final match of this tournament." announced the commentator. I saw Chirag and his teammates rejoicing in the court . Then a formal handshake was done among the players of the two teams .

I was elated with Chirag's win. It felt like I had won today. I was not able to my hide my happiness as a broad smile was etched on my face . Then all of a sudden Chirag looked at me from the basketball court. I gave a look of appreciation to Chirag and I did a thumps up gesture . In response Chirag blew a flying kiss to me. I simply blushed in response and a shy smile escaped my lips .

After that I congratulated Chirag and I wished him luck for the finals . Chirag thanked me for cheering and seeing his match . I guess he  then  noticed my glossy lips and black kohl in my eyes which I had applied on my face just before the match because he stared my face for few seconds ,then he complimented me that my eyes were looking  even more gorgeous with kohl and my lips were like rose petals with dew . I understood that his words " rose petals with dew" were for my glossy lips as I had applied a shiny rosy gloss on them . These compliments were making me blush with shyness. My heart was melting under the gaze of those chocolate brown eyes.

Even with all the sweat Chirag was still looking handsome . Now I know why any girl could go crazy for him. We bid good bye and Chirag walked towards the spare hostel building with his teammates. I looked at his retreating figure and I realised that my love for him is increasing directly proportional to the time .Argh sorry.....being the science student I am using the notation directly proportional. I mean with each passing day my love for Chirag is also increasing.

My rest of the day was spent day dreaming about Chirag , I was only attentive during my coaching lectures. I am indeed in deep love with Chirag , I never knew that other than my family and friends I could love someone that much .At night even during my sleep I dreamt of Chirag .

********CHAPTER  ENDS************