Chapter 22

I woke up with the morning alarm . I freshen up myself and then I took a quick bath. Next I got ready for my school after having some cereal breakfast . I thought to visit Nani - Nanu before heading to school .So, I picked my school bag and scooty keys and then I went to my Nani's house . As soon  as  Nani saw me, her face  brighten up with happiness seeing me after so many days.

I talked to Nani Nanu for a while then Nani gave me a box of Besan laddu ( gram flour round balls made with powdered sugar, Gram flour and clarified butter). Nani blessed me for my future  . I could sense the love of Nani towards me through the aroma of these delicious laddus . I got emotional and I  hugged her warmly with gratitude , love and affection. Indeed I am blessed to have such caring grandparents who love me unconditionally.

After a few  minutes I said  bye to Nani - Nanu then  I  zoomed  off to  school. I  hope I  will have a great day ahead , I thought to myself  as I stepped inside my classroom . But then  I saw sulking  faces of Cherry and Taniya . I even sensed some tension in the air . I kept my bag inside the desk of the table then  I went near Cherry and Taniya to know what was the matter.

Taniya told me that Ruchi is back in school and she threatened Taniya and Cherry that she will soon take her revenge from me , Taniya and Cherry for her suspension because this suspension tarnished her image . So, basically Ruchi is planning to trouble my friends as they are my support system and hurting them will ultimately, hurt me too . This threat  from Ruchi the devil enraged Taniya , Cherry and they got into an heated argument with Ruchi . This ugly fight early in the morning  spoiled their  mood. So,  I advised Cherry and Taniya to ignore Ruchi the devil .

Rest of the day at school was uneventful . After school Cherry , Taniya and I attended coaching lectures . After finishing the coaching lectures we came to the parking lot to fetch our vehicles . I inserted the scooty keys in my scooty to ignite the  scooty's engine but when  I  was about to sit on the scooty seat someone grabbed my right arm violently . I  somehow managed  to stop myself from falling off the scooty seat .

I gave a death glare to Ruchi the devil who was smirking evilly at me  after grabbing my arm and making me  almost fall off the scooty .Argh.... Some people can never change , I thought to myself looking at Ruchi . Before I could shout at Ruchi for her unruly behaviour , Ruchi laughed like a maniac . My face heated up in anger , I felt an urge to smack Ruchi's face as her stupid laughs were bringing me a hell lot of irritation and annoyance . But I controlled myself because school was enough for the bull fighting with Ruchi and I don't want to drag our fights in coaching as it would create a scene here and my other coaching fellows will get some gossip around me and Ruchi which will make things here more awkward and dramatic just like school .

I ignored Ruchi and I again got seated on the scooty seat and  I ignited it's engine but Ruchi the devil took hold of the scooty's handle and she stood in front of my scooty like a barrier . Now anger is boiling inside me . Argh...Enough is enough , my inner mind shouted to me .

I shouted at Ruchi " Get off my way right now or else you will face the consequences."

Ruchi shot back at me" Oh ..yeah show me what consequences I will face."

I  literally screamed at Ruchi
" Ruchi the devil ! If you don't get away from  my  path  then you will again land in the hospital".

Ruchi mocked me and said " No worries . Your parents own a hospital , So, I will go there and get my treatment done free of cost".

I felt a wave of anger and hatred in me and then  I warned Ruchi " You better shut your mouth !".

Ruchi furrowed her eye brows and exclaimed " You brainless girl .I am ain't scared of you. Because you are nothing in comparison to me . You might get a job at your stupid hospital as a doctor but in actual you would be a  useless doctor who would  be a burden on  other hospitals  if they hire you .Secondly , you are zero without the identity and privilege of your doctor parents . In future too if by chance you  became a doctor, you will always remain a novice ( inexperienced person ) . And your silly parents...."

The words 'your silly parents' were enough to boil my blood and without giving a thought for  even  a  fraction of a second I smacked Ruchi's face hard, making my hand imprint on her face. I heard gasps from my batchmates who were standing behind me as they had gathered  to see the cat fight going on .

Ruchi on the other hand was thunderstruck by my tight slap . She glared me as if she would engulf me alive then she  retorted back angrily " You will definitely pay for this slap ". Then Ruchi stomped off  in  her car without looking back .

Cherry cracked some silly jokes to lighten my mood and it worked as I felt the anger in  me  vanishing slowly . Then I  returned home , I ate my supper and  I went to my room. I  took a long shower to relax my mind . After that I completed some  coaching assignments and my school homework .

It was almost midnight when I completed my work. I packed my school bag for tomorrow . Then I lay straight on my bed to sleep but tonight sleep seemed foreign . I tossed and turned in my bed a number of times when my mobile rang abruptly .

I picked up the phone without seeing the caller id and said  "Hello"  in an  annoying tone . Firstly, the fight with Ruchi had already messed up my mind. Secondly , the caller had rang up my phone at such  an odd hour which caused me to turn up rude to the phone call . I heard a familiar voice saying " Are you ok Diya? Is everything alright ?" Oh no Chirag is the caller . Argh...why did I not check the caller id before picking up the call . I must have sounded so rude right now , I thought to myself .

I quickly spoke " Oh....it's you Chirag . Sorry I sounded a bit rude .Actually I was.... " . Even before I could complete my sentence Chirag assured me " It's ok ,it is actually my fault , sorry.... I have called you so late . I blurted out "No Chirag it's ok , I  was  just  a  bit grumpy . You don't need to apologize ". Chirag chuckled and said " Diya we are best friends too . So, remember the 'no sorry' and
' no thank you ' rule . " After hearing this friendship rule , I admired Chirag even more for his genuine nature . I hummed a 'yes' in reply . Then Chirag said  "Tomorrow I have an  important match in the National Basketball Tournament .So...I wanted you to see my match. I mean ....if you wish to come and Cheer me . I won't force you , if you don't want to see the match as I  know you don't like any  sports and stuff .Secondly, I don't want to be an authoritative and boring boyfriend ." The word boyfriend seemed to have an effect on me and I cheekily said" But  I  want  to be a  supportive  girlfriend ." For two seconds there was dead silence on the phone . Then Chirag spoke " Thanks gf ". I giggled  and teasingly said   "Forgetting the no sorry, no thank rule my bestie". Chirag laughed heartily  and said " As you say my love ." Then we bid good bye to each other  and disconnected the call.

The word my love kept ringing in my ears and I had a tingling sensation in my body . An unavoidable smile escaped my lips as I thought of those chocolate brown orbs . Argh .....get a grip girl , I mentally scolded myself . Then I felt sleepy so, I decided to sleep , soon sleep came over my eyelids , making me shut my eyes. Then  I  was again in my dreamland with Chirag playing with snow and laughing my heart out. These dreams about Chirag give me peace , happiness and drift me away from worries of my life .

*********CHAPTER ENDS**********