Chapter 24

Next day  I wake up with the piercing  sound of my alarm clock. Argh...I want to sleep more. I reluctantly got out of my bed. After freshening myself , I took a bath and then I wore my school uniform . I went downstairs to have some breakfast of oats and some orange juice .

Then I walked up to my room to do my hair . After that I packed my bag for school . Then I grabbed my scooty keys and I zoomed off to school. I parked my scooty and I went to senior wing auditorium  for morning school assembly with Cherry and Taniya . After attending the assembly we walked up to our class room. After sometime  Shashi miss came to the class . She took the attendance then she called my name abruptly ,I stood up from my chair obediently .

Shashi miss smiled towards the class and said " I want to ask you all if you want Diya to become the monitor of the class . My class responded in a loud ' yes ' . Then Shashi miss asked me if I would voluntarily become the monitor of the class . I  looked at Cherry and Taniya who were gesturing me through their eyes to say yes . Then I looked at my classmates whose pleased faces were requesting me to become their class monitor . Seeing the enthusiasm of my classmates and friends , without thinking for more than a second I agreed to become the class monitor .

Shashi miss pinned the silver monitor badge on my shirt . Everyone clapped in the class as the badge was tugged on my shirt. I felt a sense of responsibility and pride as I saw the silver badge beaming on my shirt.

After that Shashi miss  gave me instructions regarding the duties I had to perform as the monitor. I heard all the instructions carefully . After that the rang signalling the start of the first period. As Shashi miss left the classroom , I again got seated on my chair . Taniya and Cherry congratulated me .

I saw everyone was pleased in the class by me being the monitor except Ruchi the devil  and her minions. Well... I choose to ignore  Ruchi and her minions .  I  know Ruchi is going all green with envy right now . So, ignoring her completely would be really a good idea for me  , I thought to myself .

As our first period  progressed  we got to know from our Physics  teacher that our mid term exams will be commencing from second week of September , a week before the actual scheduled time . Hearing that there was a frenzy in the students as no one expected the mid term exams to be held this early .

Even our teachers from today onwards switched on their beast mode to complete their remaining syllabus within 11 days .Therefore , we had humongous lectures of Physics ,Chemistry  and Biology of total  6 hours with a lunch break of only 15 minutes .

At end of the day all of us were like lifeless zombies due to exhaustion . As the school ending bell rang all my classmates , including me and my friends felt a wave of happiness and we all stepped out of the classroom as if we were released  out of Hitler's gas chamber .

The kinematics of Physics taught in school  all at one blow gave me a huge headache . As I drove home, my head was throbbing with pain . I  took  a  refreshing  shower to relax my brain  but  it  didn't  help much . So, I  took  a  pain killer after eating my lunch . After taking the medicine I thought to take a nap to ease the headache . I  set  an alarm to wake me  up  on time to get ready for coaching.  I  then dozed off to sleep.

Then again the alarm clock beeped on my head . Argh ....I just slept a few minutes ago then why is  the alarm clock  going all wild unnecessarily. I opened my eyes and I saw the time , argh ....it was actually the  time to wake up . I washed my face quite a few times to get away from all the sleepiness .

At last with great efforts my eyes were finally wide open .Then I wore my casuals .I combined my  hair lazily . Then I zoomed off to coaching . Argh.....again  3  hours of lectures at coaching , today was indeed a tiring day . I guess these two years will be spent slogging hard.