Chapter 50

My boards got over 2 months ago. Today my results are coming . Well so many memories of class 10 results are coming in my mind but this time I don't feel the pressure of marks because I know knowledge matters more than marks .Secondly, now there is no pressure of my parents to perform well and run in the rat race of mad competitive world because Dad have no rights on me as I have broken all ties from him and my Mom have also understood my passion and desire for fashion designing .

My phone rings taking me out of my chain of thoughts .Cherry and Taniya are making a conference call to me . I picked the call swiftly. Cherry and Taniya spoke in unison " Diya how was your result ? " . I chuckled in response and I replied "Smarty girls first you both tell me about your results then I will disclose my results to both of you". Taniya told me that she got 85% and Cherry got 92%. I congratulated my buddies . Then I told them that I got 97.8 % . Both Taniya and Cherry shrieked in joy . We then went to school to meet our teachers for one last time .

Shashi Miss was elated to see me . She congratulated me " Diya congratulations you made our school proud by securing All India Rank 3 in class 12 CBSE Boards ".I thanked Shashi miss .Next Shashi miss asked me " Diya will you attempt NEET or ANY OTHER MEDICAL ENTRANCE ? ". I replied "Maam I have decided to become a FASHION DESIGNER ."

I then met Ryma Joseph my class teacher of class 12 . She was also happy for me . Ryma Miss smiled and she told me " Diya you are a strong girl and I know you will reach to greater heights while pursuing your dreams ". I smiled in response and I expressed my gratitude to Ryma Miss. One month later I joined NIFT, Delhi to pursue Bachelor in Designing .

EPILOGUE

I look at glass finished shining tall towering buildings Of New York City through the window of my hotel room. A pair of warm hands hug me from behind . I turn around and I see those hazel brown orbs and a smile makes a way on my face . I think you all must have guessed by now that those hazel brown orbs belongs to my one and only Chirag . We recently got engaged. So, right now I am in NYC (New York City) with my Fiancé Chirag.

Well 5 years and a half years ago I joined NIFT , Delhi . I first did Bachelors in Designing (B. Designing) then I pursed Masters in Designing (M. Designing ) from Prestigious NIFT , Delhi. During these 5 years of studying a lot of people asked me" Diya why did you choose Fashion Designing when you were an elite CBSE third topper of the country in Class 12 ?". I always replied them "I chose my passion , my dream that gives me immense satisfaction and happiness".

So, after completing my bachelors and masters in designing I became a Fashion Designer . Then for 2 months I worked for some top fashion labels for India . But I wanted to do something on my own to explore my own capabilities .Meanwhile Chirag completed his medicine from AIIMS. After that he gave USMLE ( United States Medical Licensing Examinations) to seek admissions for masters from US .Fourth months ago Chirag got admission in MD from Prestigious Stanford University through USMLE. I told Chirag that I wanted to make my own name in the Fashion world .So, Chirag suggested me to come along with him to New York .

I then with a few important contacts of Chirag's mom and her guidance took a huge leap in my career . I opened my own boutique in New York . I named the boutique "Nayandeep ". Nayandeep is made up of 2 words - Nayan +Deep . Nayan means Eyes and Deep means Lamp. Nayan is synonym of my mother's name Naina( as Naina also means Eye) , Deep is synonym of my name Diya ( as Diya also means Lamp ) . The literal meaning of Nayandeep is "Light of the eye" ( Noor/ Eye sight ).

So, for the next four months after the opening of my boutique I worked hard . I made Indian Wedding attires, I accustomed dresses according to various themes and needs of the customers. One such theme which I made was " When East and West Collide " where I blended the Indian Traditional Clothing with modern western concepts of clothing. The idea "When East and West Collide " gained a lot of popularity in Indians and American Indians . Soon ,an American Indian posted my East meet West designs on his Facebook and Instagram account .These posts became popular within a few days. Soon a Hollywood ad agency contacted me to design Traditional clothes for a photoshoot themed on Indian culture . Some of my designs got featured in top fashion magazines of USA such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. Indian magazines Femina , Grazia India also acknowledged my work .

Now it is no looking back. I have a few offers to work as a costume designer for a few Hollywood and Bollywood movies .Everything feels like a dream.From a fragile panic attack stricken girl I have moved a long way by turning into an independent and confident girl .All this success would have been impossible without the support of my mom, Reenuka Aunty(Chirag's mom) and Chirag .

My Dad died 2 years ago due to cancer . Before passing away my dad wanted to give his hospital to me because he was regretful about his behaviour towards me and my mom. One day I met dad in the hospital when he was bed ridden , I finally forgave him for all his cruel deeds because my dad asked for forgiveness with tears in his eyes before breathing his last . We have turned Dad's hospital Arogya into a charitable hospital for the needy and poor. Mom takes care of our hospital as she lives with Nani Nanu in India .While I am running my boutique in NYC and Chirag is pursuing his MD in NYC after which Chirag wants to do specialisation in cardiology .Well.... my love Chirag is highly inspired by his mom in law so, he wants to become a cardiologist like my mom. On the other hand my mom likes Chirag like her own son .Even I am inspired by my mom in law that is why I chose to become a Fashion Designer and I can say confidently that I have got the best mom in law who supports me, pampers me , guides me and sometimes she loves me more than Chirag .It feels like Chirag and I have swiped our moms with each other but still it is all together a wonderful experience .Our engagement was a dream come true because my mom and Chirag's parents planned it for me and Chirag secretly and our engagement took place on a farm house in Hudson, NYC. After the engagement Chirag and I ridded a horse together . Again my dream of riding a horse with Chirag became reality.

Today I am getting an award for my contribution to the fashion world. So, right now I am getting ready for the award ceremony and Chirag is looking at me without a blink which is making me extra conscious due to which I just smudged my mascara . Argh...what the heck! this is so irritating . Chirag chuckles seeing my spoiled mascara and he say " Hey ! Now you look like a real cat , let me kiss my beautiful cat ". Just then Cherry and Taniya makes a conference call to me, Chirag rolls his eyes in annoyance as this time too our special moment got spoiled . I stick my tongue out to tease Chirag. Both my besties congratulated me for my success and they wished me luck for the award ceremony .Cherry and Taniya are doing great in life . Taniya is pursuing a degree in acting from California while Cherry is pursuing MS and Cherry is planning to become a Gynaecologist after completing MS .

So , my story comes to an end . I hope you all loved my journey of making my life and career . Even if one person gets strength to pursue his dreams after reading my story then I will feel more than happy as my life story will save another life . Till then be happy, love yourself and live your life to the fullest . At last I will say a quote that inspired me throughout my journey .

"GO , OUT INTO THE WORLD

WITH YOUR PASSION AND

LOVE WHAT YOU DO,

AND JUST NEVER GIVE UP"

A qoute by Dianne Reeve

**********STORY ENDS***********

Author's note
A big thank u to all the readers, voters and the people who commented . I am grateful for all the support I got on this story .