Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.
"For the love of phanta-" I yelled startled. I immediately looked around the room, confused and shocked. My eyes focused on an alarm clock on my bedside table. Oh yeah...that's right, first day on the job. I switched off the nuisance in my room and quickly took a shower. I had a look at the closet, Rantaro said that each closet is full of an assortment of clothes. Secretly, I was very fashionable. I may not show it as I literally act like a child, but I care about the way I look. The Supreme Leader has to look good, you know? I put on my regular outfit- which I adored- and headed towards the elevator.

I got off the elevator and walked into the Main Room of the Information Department. It was a modern looking room with blue furniture. It was pretty busy but not as much as I expected- maybe people had already died. Some people looked surprisingly calm while others were panicking. Besides me was a desk with a bunch of papers and I noticed that one had my name on it. It was the list of Hope-Lies I had to attend to. "Nishishishi~" I giggled. This was going to be fun.
The first Hope-Lie was a lost soul named Aika who dreamed of being a musician. I wasn't a fan of classical music, but I just lied to get along with her. "So you like Beeethoven?" I asked curiously. Her big pink musical eyes stared deeply into my jokester purple ones.
"It's pronounced Beethoven and yes I do," she smiled. This was easy.

By the time I had finished talking to the last Hope-Lie on the list, I was practically radiating joy. I often got bored and amused myself with my stupid doodles but this was wayyy more fun. Talking to each Hope-Lie was pretty interesting and they looked super mega cool. My kiddish side got the best of me and with the last Hope-Lie we started drawing ideas for drones. I mean, come on, I wasn't expecting them to be this nice!
"Kokichi?"
I turned around to see Avocado hair smiling at me.
"Hey Rantaro! What's up?" I asked joyfully.
"Well I'm glad to see you haven't died! Anyways, the cafeteria is open to everyone, but if you wish to eat alone there is room service," he laughed. I thought about it for a moment before replying.
"I think I'll stay up in my room! I need to create some more plans about attacking this corporation," I said slyly. The poor boy looked at me with another worried expression before sighing.
"Don't go around saying that in front of the founders," he murmured.
"Founders? Oh I haven't met them yet." I started wondering who they were.
"You haven't? Oh then watch out, if they hear you say that you'll definitely get fired," he stated and paused before carrying on. "Have you met Shuichi?"
I put my finger to my lips. "I don't recall it so nope."
"Oh I thought you would have met him by now," Rantaro looked down.
"Why? Should I have met him? Does he not want to meet me? Wahhhhhh! I'm upset now!" I squealed through tears. "But then that is a lie!" I had changed emotions so suddenly that Rantaro was confused how to act.
"Anyways, I'm going to my room now~ Byeeeeee!" I shouted before skipping off.

I sat on my bed and made a call. I asked the staff to bring me five- no ten bottles of grape phanta and some dumplings, particularly a bowl of shumai. I was waiting for them impatiently when a thought popped into my head. Why did Rantaro specifically say that I would have met Shuichi? Loads of people work and die here without even meeting Rantaro so why me? What was so special about me?
Ding Dong.
I guess that was my order. I walked out and saw the meal on a neatly laid out table in front of my door. Man, they are spoiling me, not that I'm complaining. I ate while talking to my evil organization- D.I.C.E. We talked about our plans on pranking the government again with one of our classics. I had probably called room service about twenty times tricking them with different voices and ordering more phanta.
When I finished my meal, I was soooo done with talking to the kitchen lady so I decided to go return the plates myself. I was walking hurriedly when I made a right turn and- Bam! I had bumped into a guy and we both fell back pretty hard. I had hit the back of my head on the navy blue carpet and I felt no pain whatsoever, but come on, how was I not going to lie in this situation. I glanced up to see who I'd be lying to and there stood a blue-haired guy. He had majestic golden eyes and a calming smile. He wore a black outfit with subtle, yet noticeable, stripes. Suddenly, he held out a hand for me to grab. I pulled myself up with his help and got to work.
"Owwwww!" I yelled. I could see people look at me with a slightly shocked and confused face.
"A-are you ok?" the mysterious bluenette asked.
"My head hurts so much that I think I'm going to collapse!" I squealed.
"C-collapse? Should I get a doctor?" He asked panicking.
"Should you? Or do you want me to die here?" I groaned.
"N-no I-" the bluenette stuttered. He walked towards the back of me and started examining the back of my head. "I don't see any bruises which is good," he explained.
"That doesn't matter! What matters is I'm going to die here!" I started crying out loud and I could feel mischievous tears run down my face.
"I don't want you to die! I don't want anyone to die even if I do work at this corporation," the boy said reassuringly, yet he was shaking. I looked at him, he had the most worried expression I had ever seen. I couldn't take it anymore I was going to have to break my act. I started laughing.
"Whey are you laughing?" He asked taken back. I just continued laughing.
"Because...it was a lie!" I replied finding it hard to speak because of my horse-sounding laughing. He looked angry, but then all of a sudden his expression changed to an annoyed one.
"Hmph...I guess you got me there," he laughed.
Now it was my time to be shocked, normally people would yell at me and then run off but he was different. He smiled at me before putting another hand in front of me.
"I'm Shuichi Saihara, I'm in charge of the Information Department."
I wasn't too sure in my head if I should have been embarrassed that I had done this to my boss, but truthfully, I'd joke around with anyone, anytime.
"Hiiiii Shuichi! I'm Kokichi Oma!" I playfully yelled. I placed my hand in his and we shook hands. What an introduction.

T—r ——- — —-.