Chapter 7

I heard shuffling around my room. I turned on my side in the bed and shut my eyes tighter. I didn't get very good sleep last night as I was worrying the whole time about Hoshi. How did he even find my room? I felt someone shake me lightly. I ignored it...ughhh. Fine, Hoshi you win, I'm up.
"Hoshi, what do you want? This Supreme leader has to sleep!" I mumbled sleepily.
"Sorry Kokichi. It's just that you have to go to work," Hoshi whispered. His pastel pink hair was still neatly presented despite the fact he had been twisting and turning all night.
"Oh, righttt! Thanks Hoshi!" I sang and got out of bed. I made my way to the bathroom and showered. I got out of the shower and I suddenly heard a scream.
"Gahhhhhhhhhh!" a voice yelled.
"Eeeeeeeeee!" a high pitched voice shouted.
I quickly put my clothes on and ran out.
"What's going on?" I shouted back.
I could see Hoshi on the floor and Shumai looking at him dumbfounded.
"I've...never heard such a high pitched scream," Shuichi muttered. He then looked at me shocked. I'm in so much trouble. Well, Nishishishi~ I'm known for trouble.
"But anyways, what is he doing here?" Shuichi sighed.
"Well, Hoshi's room wasn't locked so he came here," I explained.
"Hoshi come on, you can't use your teleporting skills like that," Shuichi looked down at Hoshi.
"Teleporting skills!" I exclaimed. Teleporting? Hoshi hasn't said anything about teleporting.
"Hasn't he told you? Hoshi can teleport. He's been able to since he was three," Shumai replied. Hoshi just simply nodded.
"Realllly? That's so cool!" I giggled. So that's how he came to my room last night. Clever.
"Anyways, Kokichi would you care to have breakfast with me? I'll drop Hoshi off to his room on the way," Shumai smiled.
"Of course! How could I say no?" I sang.
"I can just teleport back," Hoshi started.
"No, please don't. Teleporting drains your energy. We can't have that happening," Shumai sighed. Teleporting was a great thing, but I guess it had its downfalls.

We dropped Hoshi off to his room and made sure the door was locked. Apparently, the door was special and it didn't let any teleporting Hope-Lies go through it.
"So omelette or pancakes?" Shumai asked.
"Hmmm. Pancakes," I replied.
He handed me a tray of pancakes.
"Thanks Shumai," I smiled. We sat down and started eating.
"Anyhow, so I found out that the pill bottle had recently been bought. So that means that someone had to go to the outside world and get them," Shumai insisted.
"Why do you call it the outside world? If anything, this is the inside world," I laughed.
"I haven't been outside for a long time," he sighed. I felt a speck of sadness touch my heart. I wonder how long it has been since he went outside.
"Anyhow, we are going to need to check the log book in system on the founder's computer," he confirmed. Founders? Oh right, Rantaro said his name was Byakuya, or I overheard Maki say Mr long legs.
"Why don't we ask the founder for access?" I replied. It would be much easier that way.
"He wouldn't let us as he would think that it is an impeccable idea," Shumai muttered. Impeccable, huh? This Byakuya uses big words.
"Soooo, now what?" I teased.
"Well, this is the plan. We are going to dismantle the security systems and when Byakuya is going to see what has happened, we will sneak into the room and look at his computer," Shumai whispered.
"Okay!" I whispered back loudly. "Who is going to dismantle the systems?"
"Miu Iruma, the Ultimate Inventor," he replied.
"I see. Will I meet her before the plan?" I questioned. I hadn't met Miu Iruma yet and the thought of some of my colleagues not knowing me makes me sad. However, that's just a lie!
"Sadly, not yet. I have already ordered her to do it and she will need a couple of hours," he sighed.
"Mkay," I smiled.
"Also, could you help me out at my office today? I would really appreciate an assistant."
"Sure!"
"Thanks Kokichi."
"No problemo."

"So these go here and these go there," I muttered, but somehow Shumai heard it.
"Yep, you're doing great," he laughed.
I was sorting out his files one by one. I liked being his assistant because then I didn't need to deal with many Hope-Lies. I got on with them well but there was always the chance that they could kill me.
"When is our great plan going to commence?" I asked excitedly.
"Hmm from what Miu told me, three hours," he smiled.
"Oki and how do we know she's not a part of this?" I questioned.
"We don't, which is why I haven't told her the full story. I just told her to dismantle the security systems and nothing else," he replied.
"Good job, Mr detective," I laughed. Truthfully, the laugh I just portrayed wasn't the happiest. Finding out the truth would mean somebody we know has been plotting something against Shumai. The sooner we find out the better, but it is still a little nerve racking.
"Alright so-" Shumai started.