Chapter 6

His eyes were closed and he was peacefully sleeping. His blue hair was quite ruffled and all over the place. I blinked my eyes and looked around. There was a black hat on the side of the table with a blue notebook. It wasn't wrong to snoop, right?
"Nishishishi~" I giggled. It's your fault for ignoring your alarm Shumai orrr let's just say I tampered with his alarm yesterday and switched it off. Yesterday, I took Shumai back to his room to rest and then I took his wheelchair back to the doctor. He didn't need it anymore, I hoped. He looked like he hasn't been sleeping well so being the great, most honest, most beautiful friend he has, I switched it off yesterday. I lock picked into his room an hour ago because I was bored. It was a Wednesday. I wonder if he was still up for Saturday? We were going to go bowling and then this whole thing happened and-
"Mph," Shuichi groaned. His alarm was set for 7 am like mine, but he woke up at 10. Not bad. I quickly put the notebook back down. I can't believe I didn't get to read it. Yet again, I don't think the Ultimate Detective would have all of his secrets waiting around in some notebook.
"Morning Shumai!" I yelled happily. He jumped up from my loud voice and looked at me worriedly.
"K-Kokichi, what are you doing here?" he asked while rubbing his head. I smiled.
"What are you doing here? This is my room!" I argued back. He looked at me even more confused.
"But I was in my room last night," he murmured.
"Well maybe you slept walk here," I grinned.
"No, this is definitely my room which means...how did you even get in?" he exclaimed while getting up.
"Lock picking!" I giggled triumphantly.
"Well wait here, I'm going to the bathroom to shower," he smiled energetically. I'm glad he got more sleep. See the leader knows best.
He picked up his usual clothes and went into the bathroom. Now is the the time to have a look at his notebook, but should I? Ya, I should. Friends shouldn't keep secrets from each other. I picked up the notebook and flicked through the pages. I hope it's his secret diary, that would make this more exciting. I frowned. These are just a list of plans and Hope-Lies. Some pages also have all of the detective work he has done in the past. This was just his work booklet. I sighed and put the book down. I'm disappointed. I heard the door open and Shuichi was done. That was fast.
"What time is it Kokichi?" he asked.
"10 o'clock," I giggled. His eyes widened.
"10 o'clock? 10:00 am? 10?" he questioned me.
"Yes Shumai, you slept an extra three hours it's no big-" I started to only get a gush of wind push past me while Shuichi dashed for the door.
"I have a meeting in 30 minutes!" he yelled.
I stood there stunned and slowly walked out of his room closing the door softly. He was already halfway down the corridor when he stopped.
"Kokichi are you coming or what!" he shouted.
"Yes sir!" I yelled back and ran to catch up with him.

He made it to his meeting in time. Gosh, I didn't think he could run so fast. I shouldn't have skipped PE classes. My legs were aching and my head was too. I waited outside of the meeting room for twenty minutes, that felt like an hour. I looked after Shuichi yesterday so I didn't collect and Hope-Fragments but since Shuichi is my boss, he didn't mind. How long does a meeting take? It's been ages! Maybe a year had gone by now. The door opened and I saw Rantaro come out. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. Then Maki came out and I frowned. She glared at me.
"Maki stop it," Shumai frowned. She looked and him surprised, then walked off with a frown. Serves you right Maki. Nishishi.
"So Shumai am I back on the job today?" I giggled, the back of my mind hoping he'd say no.
"Sadly, yes. I appreciate all you did yesterday but you'll have to get back to work," he sadly sighed.
"No problemo. What are friends for?" I sang.
"Hey, we still up for Saturday?" he questioned.
"Of course! Hey, I'll see you at lunch mkay?" I confirmed, smiling.
"Yep, bye Kokichi," he laughed.
"Bye Shumai," I sang and walked to one of the Hope-Lies room. Specifically, Yuri's room. I couldn't see her yesterday and I got worried. I'll admit I never really get worried about anyone, but my Dice members and Shumai of course. I tried opening the door with my thumb print but it didn't work. I tried again, but it still didn't work. I looked into the small window and it was still the same as yesterday. Dark and no Yuri. I started to panic. What if they took her away? Shumai wouldn't do that? Then did Rantaro remove her? No, he doesn't even know her. I'm having lunch with Shumai later, I'll ask him then.