Chapter 29

I need to start from the beginning. The beginning when I first found out about the corporation. I was walking down a street on a cold and miserable morning. I had just come back from a DICE meeting and I was extremely tired. My eyes were droopy and I was falling asleep. Until, a poster flew on my face due to the harsh wind surrounding me. I frowned, annoyed and took the poster off of my face. There it was. A position to work at The Conundrum Corporation. I had heard about the place before, but I never took any interest in it. However, despite my thoughts the place seemed exciting so I wanted to contact them. I do remember though that contacting them was weird. On the poster, there was a meeting place. No email, no phone number, just a meeting place. That truly should have been the first sign that this place was shady. To be honest, my past self couldn't care less. Although, I should have. I went to the meeting place and I found myself at a side street. It was a dark side street with some cans of oil on the floor and some pieces of tissue beside it. There was a little door carved into one of the stone walls. The door was made from steel and it was literally placed in the middle of nowhere. I was sceptical on whether to open the door or not, but then I enjoyed the thrill of excitement and the unknown. I opened the door and a person stood there. They wore a mask but some of their green hair still showed. The next thing I knew I was on the floor, with a large pain in my head. That person had hit me, they had hit me hard enough so that I would faint, but I wouldn't bleed. Afterwards, I woke up and was on a hospital bed. My vision was blurry and I could barely remember what happened but I heard some voices. There was a girl with purple hair and a boy with rough green hair. The girl was holding a box filled with syringes and the boy was examining each and every one of them. The boy with green hair tilted his head to the side and glanced at me. I quickly closed my eyes so that he wouldn't be suspicious.
"He is asleep," the green haired one commented and looked at the purple haired girl happily. The girl with purple hair looked down, afraid that if she said anything wrong it would upset him.
"Are you not going to say anything?" the boy continued and walked over to the side of the hospital room I was in. I reopened my eyes and looked around, it looked like a medical room.
"Sor-," the purple girl started only to be cut off.
"Nevermind," the boy sighed and cracked his neck slightly. He hummed. Suddenly, the door opened and a short boy with blonde hair came in. He wore a suit along with a stern face, which was hard to take seriously because of his baby like facial features.
"You sound like Byakuya," the new blonde boy intervened the conversation and didn't even bother to give me a glance. If he did, he would realise that I was awake.
"Shush. Now I need you to pass me that," the green haired boy shrugged and pointed at one of the syringes in the box the girl was holding.
"I'll do it," the blonde boy smugly grinned and picked up the syringe.
"No, I want to do it," the green haired boy frowned and grabbed the syringe from the other boy.
"Stop complaining. I'll do it," the blonde haired boy yelled and snatched the syringe from the other guy. He grabbed it so harshly that the other boy had a little scratch on his hand.
"Whatever," the green haired boy sighed.
"You're still not saying anything," the green haired one pointed at the timid girl.
"You just interrupted them so why do you think they're not saying anything?" the blonde one laughed harshly before getting a tissue and sterilising the syringe. He twirled the syringe with yellow liquid in his hand and smiled. He turned his back to me.
"Whatever, give me that one," the green haired boy pointed at a purple syringe. The blondie hummed and looked at the syringe the other one was pointing at. His eyes widened and he looked furiously at the boy.
"This one? Are you stupid?" the blondie growled and put the yellow syringe down.
"Give me it," the green haired one furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.
"B-but Ran-," the girl only just spoke up. She glanced at the green haired one doubtfully and then proceeded to bite her lip.
"Oh look. Now you're talking," the green haired boy rolled his eyes and faced the blondie.
"Rantaro, stop being so rude. She's just...quieter than usual today," the blondie sighed and looked at the girl pityingly.
"And you're less rude than usual today," the boy that I now know as Rantaro spoke up. Rantaro then walked over to the box and picked the purple syringe up. He sterilised it like the blondie did before admiring the purple liquid in the syringe.
"Idiot. What are you waiting for? Do it then," the blondie sighed and pointed at me. I shut my eyes quickly once again, hoping that they didn't see them open.
"I will, after you stop complaining," Rantaro sighed and walked over to me. I could feel him move my wrist ever so lightly.
"I'm only complaining because he might get hurt. We don't want that, do we?" the blondie growled and started tapping his feet on the floor in annoyance.
"Calm down. He can handle a few n- who else heard the door open?" Rantaro stopped halfway through his sentence and twirled around.
"What's going on here?" another voice sighed. I peeked open one of my eyes to see the newcomer. A boy with blue hair had opened the door and everyone was facing him
"Oh! Hey Shadow," the blondie snickered and picked up the yellow filled syringed.
"That's a stupid nickname! Yes, he may hide in the shadows but his name is-" Rantaro rolled his eyes and attempted to explain something but the blue haired boy cut him off.
"Don't worry, Rantaro. I'm used to it," the bluenette smiled. I closed my eyes once again. Someone walked over to me and tapped my wrist. It was hard to figure out who it was but I am guessing it was the blunette.
"Is he ready?" the blunette spoke up. "He's pretty skinny but he should survive this."
"Are you sure this boy should be the new one?" Rantaro sighed and stretched his arms out, making a click.
"Of course, he's the Ultimate Supreme Leader after all," the blunette smiled and nodded at Rantaro. I don't know what happened next, but I felt a sharp pain in my arm, proceeded by another. The pain was unbearable and I had shot my eyes open because of it. There standing next to me was the blunette, staring at me as if I were a precious object.
                                            •
They're lying to you.
Do not tru-- —yone