Chapter 25

Shuichi dragged me towards a particular room where a huge, silver door was. I stood in front of the door. Crowds and crowds of people rushed past me and stood in line formation. My eyes widened in shock, they look like they are from the army. Shuichi walked around and soon enough all the other leaders came as well. Rantaro and Korekiyo were frowning and standing by the left, while Tenko was just looking worried sick.
"Where is Maki?" Tenko shouted. Rantaro sighed and looked around.
"She hasn't made it to the main door, thank goodness," he sighed and looked at us. "Oh, you brought Kokichi."
"Of course, I brought him," Shuichi sighed. I looked at the door once again. So this was the main door? The main door, I presume, is what keeps the corporation and the outside world separated.Well, judging from its appearance...it looks quite sturdy and locked. How did Maki think that she could open this? Korekiyo muttered something to Rantaro. Rantaro looked at me and nodded. What are they talking about? Suddenly, the doors busted open and the grand Byakuya came out. He looked at me and frowned.
"What is he doing here?" Byakuya asked Shuichi. Shuichi frowned.
"The more to find her, the better," Shuichi explained. Byakuya looked at me and sighed.
"Whatever. Split up," Byakuya groaned and all of the leaders walked out of the room except for Shuichi and I. I glanced at him, trying to see his expression but his face was looking down.
"Shuichi, what are we supposed to do?" I asked him. He looked up and sighed.
"Look for her, I guess," he murmured. I furrowed my eyebrows. Look for her? Why don't we just stay here? She is bound to come here soon.
"Won't staying here be most beneficial?" I asked him. Byakuya sighed which directed our attention to him.
"Unlikely. She came here and tried to open the door, but failed so she must be heading up to my office at this moment to find the key," Byakuya explained. I nodded and Shu put his hand on his chin to think.
"We will go up to your office then, sir," Shuichi spoke up.
"Okay doki! Off we go then," I announced and left the room I was dragged in. Shuichi followed behind me.
"Hey, do you know where you're going?" Shuichi yelled behind me. I sighed, if these sirens weren't on, I would be able to hear him clearly. I laughed a little and shook my head. In all honesty, I don't know where Byakuya's office is.

"Maki!" I yelled as we entered the office. Shuichi sighed and looked around. It doesn't look like she's in here...or anyone is. The room is quite clean though.
"Kokichi," Shuichi started while going through some papers. I hummed and went over to him.
"Can you check those drawers?" he tilted his head to the left. I looked and saw a desk. I walked over to the desk and pointed to the drawers.
"These ones?" I asked, he nodded. I shrugged and pulled one open.
"What am I exactly looking for?" I asked while rummaging through it. I pushed some books in the drawer to the side and some packaged bubble gum revealed itself. Oo! I picked one up and unwrapped it. Shuichi stopped fumbling with useless papers and looked at me. His eyes widened.
"Kokichi, don't eat that," he sighed. I chewed it a little.
"Why, is it poisonous?" I replied, Shuichi just shook his head.
"I wouldn't take other people's things, if I were you...especially our bosses," he smiled a little.
"Pfft. He's not going to be our boss anymore," I laughed. Shuichi walked over to the bookshelf and examined the books. What is he looking for? We came here looking for Maki, not anything else.
"Have a look in the second drawer, there should be a key," Shuichi carried on. I nodded and opened the second drawer. I frowned, and moved some things around. I can't exactly seem to see a key.
"Uhh...are you sure it's the second drawer?" I giggled nervously and pushed the second drawer shut. Maybe, it's in the third drawer. I pulled the last one open and frowned. Yep, no. This one is empty.
"Yeah it's the second one," he confirmed. I walked over to him and folded my arms.
"It's not there," I shrugged. Shuichi gasped and ran to the drawer. He rummaged through the second one frantically before glancing at me.
"That's the key to the door," he muttered. I bit my lip. Oh. Oh no.
"Now what?" I grumbled. Shuichi was silent for a second before speaking up.
"We have to tell Byakuya...and fast," Shu replied and ran out of the room. I stood there for a few seconds.
"Wait up!" I yelled and chased him outside. He turned around and looked at me confused.
"I need to do something first...Maki can wait," I shrugged. Shu just stared at me.
"What can possibly be more important than this?" he questioned me. I frowned. They're treating Maki like some beast or something.
"She's not an animal Shu. She can manage herself," I carried on. "Besides, she's not going to make it far with Byakuya standing by the door."
Shuichi looked like he was contemplating whether to trust me with this or not. I folded my arms and tapped my foot, waiting for a reply. He sighed, defeated and looked me in the eye.
"Alright. What are we doing?" he smiled. I nodded.
"Okay so," I started and walked over to the elevator, Shuichi following along. "I want to see what this guy, your friend, delivering the parcel looks like." I stated. Shuichi frowned.
"I can just tell you that, you know," he insisted. I shook my head. That was not the point. "What's the point in describing him, when I can see a picture of him? All that we need to do is get into the medical room thingy and like look at that box again," I smiled. Shuichi raised an eyebrow.
"Mikan's box?" he murmured. I nodded.
"Ding ding ding! My Shu got it correct," I giggled. The elevator doors opened and I stepped inside the department. I quickly walked over to the medical room, the sirens destroying my ears while doing so. I pushed open the door and looked around. Mikan wasn't here. Great. I turned around to see what Shuichi was doing.
"Do you think that this is a good idea?" he mumbled. I nodded energetically.
"Of course, has my plan ever failed us?" I reminded him. He smiled and shook his head.
"Of course not, for I am the Ultimate Supreme Leader!"
                                          •
They're lying to you.
Do not t—- —y—e