Chapter 24

Annoying. She was the definition of annoying and grumpy. I sighed and folded my arms.
"Are you even listening?" Maki growled at me.
"What do you think I'm doing?" I raised my eyebrow. She frowned. I shuffled my feet and glanced at the angry girl beside me. I promised Maki that I would take charge of her department for a day, so here I am.
"I don't know. Staring off into space when you should be listening to me," she muttered. I rolled my eyes. Maki then frowned and shoved me through a red door.
"Hey!" I yelled at her. She shrugged at my response. I looked around her department. I frowned, it wasn't as different as the others.
"So where are all the trainees? This is the training department, isn't it?" I questioned her.
"It is, but they are working with Hope-Lies right now. Come, I'll take you to my office," she stated and then walked off. I followed her and we soon arrived at a black door. She opened it with a key and let me in. I darted my eyes around the room. There were stacks of paper everywhere and the room itself looked like a mess. There were a couple of scratches on the wall and on the floors which made the room have an unsettling feeling.
"Did a fight go down here or something?" I questioned her. She sighed and nodded. I frowned, wow Maki.
"Who did you fight?" I asked, while walking down to some of the papers on the floor.
"Just a trainee," she murmured. I jumped back up. A trainee? Why on earth would she fight one of them? That's just stupid!
"Are you kidding? Maki why would you do that?" I sighed, she glared at me in response.
"Do you think that it's my fault? That idiotic trainee came to me and said that I was an awful leader," she yelled at me. I grinned.
"Let me guess, you then asked them 'Do you want to die?' Then you guys fought," I summed up, giggling. She rolled her eyes at me.
"Anyways, just look through the papers on the desk...and please clean up the room," she grumbled. I folded my arms and tapped my feet gently on the floor.
"I'm not you maid," I exclaimed dramatically.
"Do you-...you know what? Just do what I say, after all you promised that you would help my department," she spoke up and walked near the exit door.
"I lied. I'm not helping you," I laughed and ran to the door. A sharp pain crawled up my arm and I groaned. What was that? I turned around and saw Maki twisting my arm. I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Pfft. Maki don't trust liars," I grinned as she twisted it a little more to the left.
"I don't want to deal with any dead bodies," she sighed and let go of my arm. I let out a sigh and touched my arm. It hurt...a lot. I clicked my tongue and shook my arm.
"So all I have to do is clean up the room and go through these papers?" I mumbled. She nodded and then walked out of the door. Great.

"No...no...no," I muttered while flipping the papers left and right. Each paper held a profile. It was up to me to decide who enters the corporation or who doesn't. So far, I have accepted...no one. Huh. Do I really not like any of them? I glanced around at the nearly clean room. Key word being nearly. The scratch marks on the floors and walls I couldn't do much about, so I left them. However, I did collect all of the papers that were lying on the floor and put them in a neat pile. I put my hand on my chin and spun around in the spiny chair. This was boring. So utterly boring. How does Maki do this? Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I sighed and sat up.
"Come on in!" I yelled at the person. The door opened and a green haired figure was shown.
"To what do I owe this pleasure of seeing an annoying avocado?" I snickered as Rantaro came up to me. He frowned and then shook it off.
"I just came to ask you for a favour," he sighed. I blinked a couple of times.
"A favour...how about no," I grinned and turned around in my chair to face the wall.
"Do you at least want to hear me out?" he sighed. I don't want to hear him out at all, but maybe I should.
"What is it?" I asked him, still facing the wall.
"Ahh, so tomorrow we have a guest coming to the Corporation. I want you to meet them," he stated. A visitor? Most likely, the same person that is delivering the parcel. I flung myself around and stared at him.
"Why?" I asked. He hummed and walked around the room. I folded my arms. He clearly has a reason for why he wants me there.
"It'll benefit you," he shrugged and walked towards the exit door. "But...you don't have to do it." Rantaro walked to the exit door and slowly pulled it open. I sighed.
"Sure," I grumbled. "It wouldn't hurt."
"Okay then. Come to my office in the morning and don't bring Shuichi," he murmured and walked out. As if him telling me not to bring Shuichi will stop me. I frowned, I'm going to bring him whether Rantaro likes it or not. I looked at the messily put clock on the wall. I've still got so much time till the end of the day. I folded my arms and put my head on the desk. Maybe if I go to sleep for a while, It will make time pass quicker.

A siren went off and jolted me awake. I rubbed my forehead, sleeping on a desk was not nice. How long have I been asleep anyways? I looked around, more importantly, what is that noise? It is the same noise for when a Hope-Lie escapes. Huh, it probably happened again. Maybe I should go find Shuichi to see if he's alright? I stood up from the chair that I had been previously sleeping on due to me being bored and went to open the door. However, it opened in front of my face.
"Gah!" I yelled and took a step back.
"Kokichi, I thought you'd be here!" Shuichi yelled as he closed the door behind him.
"I told you that I'd be here," I shrugged. "What are you doing here anyways?"
"Kokichi, Maki is trying to escape!"
                                          •
They're lying to you.
Do not t—- ——e