Chapter 34

"For them to merge?" Shuichi exclaimed and looked at Rantaro. Rantaro opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it. I nodded and kicked a balloon slightly.
"Let's actually talk about this," Korekiyo replied and folded his arms.
"This...could be good," Byakuya murmured and then looked up at the crew. "Think about it. I am sure that I am not the only smart one here. You guys always complain that you feel trapped-" Byakuya started, but was interrupted by Maki.
"We do feel trapped! You practically kidnapped me!" Maki growled and then looked at me.
"They also kidnapped me," I started, but Maki just shook her head.
"At least you found happiness here," she argued back and then sent a glare to Shuichi. I frowned, we get your point Maki. You don't need to glare at the poor guy. I shook my head, we're getting off topic.
"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, merging the real world and the corporation would be simple. All that you have to do is a build a department in the real world and keep these departments underground," Byakuya explained. Rantaro coughed a little, gaining everyone's attention.
"Who looks after the Hope-Lies? We are on the job all day," Rantaro pointed out.
"Ever heard of technology?" I pointed out. "Cameras that detect movement can be placed around the building. Those cameras could also be linked up to your rooms so that we know everything that is going on in the corporation. We already have night shift employees so that shouldn't be a problem," I carried on. Rantaro put a finger on his chin to show that he was thinking. I hope that he understands what I'm trying to get at. They don't need to feel trapped here. They can be free in the real world while working here. It's perfect.
"For one, I think that this would be a perfect opportunity for you guys to live a normal life," Peko commented. Fuyuhiko looked at her surprised before nodding himself.
"Ya...I agree," he shrugged and walked up to one of the tables, Peko following him.
"Well if those two agree, then I agree too," Rantaro shrugged and went over to pour a glass of water for himself.
"T-this doesn't really affect m-me but I think that it would be g-good for you guys," Mikan stuttered. I nodded. If she can get it, so can everyone else.
"Mikan thank you for your opinion and I agree. It would be fun to live in the outside world," Tenko yelled. Shuichi shuffled his feet and looked at the floor.
"I mean...it could work but do you really want to do this?" Shuichi asked. I nodded. This was the ending I want. An ending that we created.
"Yes," I confirmed. Byakuya folded his arms and replied to everyone's agreement.
"Then it's settled, we will be going through with this."

I looked around the department. Confetti scattered the floor and some balloons looked deflated while others were popped. No one was here except for Shuichi and I. Byakuya had gone to bed as they were tired, Fuyuhiko and Peko actually headed home. I leaned further into the couch and stretched my arms.
"Hey Kokichi?" Shu mumbled sleepily. I nodded and pushed myself up so that I was sitting on the couch rather than lying down.
"Yes?" I questioned him. Shuichi was sitting on the couch next to me. I tapped my fingers on the couch waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to say. Shuichi stayed quiet for a moment. I furrowed my eyebrows. What did he want to say? Was it that important that he had to think of his words?
"Do you trust me?" he sighed and looked at the floor. "Be honest."
I frowned, I literally brushed off all that had happened for him and now he thinks that I don't trust him. Oh Shuichi, what are we going to do with you?
"Yes," I nodded and looked up at the ceiling.
"Even with all that has happened?" he replied. I nodded and looked at him, he was still looking at the floor so I couldn't see his expression.
"Yes," I confirmed and glanced at the gold tree in the middle of the room. Some of its leaves had fallen of and onto the floor.
"Do you love me?" he asked, a little quieter now. I groaned. What is he saying? I told him that I loved him a few hours ago.
"Ya, you sleepy head, I do. Now where are you going with this?" I mumbled. Shuichi laughed a little and he looked up at me with starry eyes.
"Just making sure," he commented. I rolled my eyes.
"Were you now?" I mumbled as a little grin spread on my face.
"Ya...I'm sorry about all that's happened," Shuichi apologised.
"You don't have to be sorry," I added. He frowned a little.
"I feel like I do. After all, I got you in this mess. When I was on the job of searching for a new leader, you came up. The Ultimate Supreme leader," he smiled. "I was so happy to have found you. Never thought that I would fall in love with you."
I burst out laughing. He was being so dramatic.
Aren't we over that period? I smiled as he looked at me confused.
"Why are you laughing?" he mumbled. I stopped laughing and smiled at him.
"You're being so dramatic, it's ruining the mood," I commented. "Relax. If it wasn't for you choosing me, then we would never be together!"
Shuichi hummed a little and sighed. He smiled and took my hand in his.
"I guess you're right," he muttered. I nodded. Shuichi shouldn't feel bad...well he should only feel a little bad for what he's done. He only chose me under the corporation's laws, though.
I pulled him in a hug, which he embraced. We stayed like that for a couple of moments, before he started to let go of the hug. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I was happy with Shuichi. I will always be happy with Shuichi, no matter what happens. Not only am I happy with Shuichi, but I am also happy with this corporation. I am excited to see what the future holds for the corporation, Shuichi and I. I wonder.

They will tell the truth to you.
They trust you so trust them too.