Chapter 13

"Moved?" I gasped. Yuri was moved? Why? This is ridiculous. Only Hope-Lies that have done something wrong move. Yuri didn't do anything.
"She didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled at Shuichi. He looked taken aback at the fact that I yelled.
"I know, it's just that Rantaro...he said that she knew stuff that she wasn't meant to know," Shuichi sighed. I frowned, it's always Rantaro's fault. Everything is his fault. I should just get him fired!
"What stuff?" I questioned him. He shook his head.
"I don't know," he muttered. Great. Yuri was always quiet as she didn't like to talk. She never socialised with anyone except for me and possibly someone else. She once warned me that something was going to go wrong and the same day, Rantaro gave Shuichi the pills so she was correct. Is that what Rantaro means? Could she like predict the future? That's stupid.
"Yuri probably got herself tangled in this mess that we're tangled in," Shumai commented. "This is one of the reasons Hoshi must not get into this. He will be taken away."
"I guess you're right," I murmured. Hoshi was my friend and I don't want him to be taken away. I crossed my arms and looked away. We were going to have to jot down the past events for our plans next, considering that our thoughts are all over the place.
"Let's make a planning sheet or something so that we know what to do next and that we can recall past events," I insisted. "How about we do it in my room?"
"Yeah sure. Are you okay about...Yuri going?" Shuichi put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. It wasn't a happy smile, it was a sad smile.
"I'm fine," I smiled back. I was not fine. First, there's the whole mystery about the corporation. Second, Shuichi just told me that Yuri is gone. Third, I have developed feelings for Shuichi! I mean it's crazy! Speaking of crazy, I haven't spoken to my group DICE in a while. I'll have to give them a call- maybe they might be able to help us. What could they do though?

After we had finished our meals, we headed to my room. I got out a piece of paper and a purple pen. I heard a gasp behind me and I turned around.
"Shuichi, what's wrong?" I asked.
"I forgot to tell you. I promised to get you some art supplies and they're in my room. I'm just going to go and get them," he explained and then jumped up. I nodded and he walked out of my room. I looked at my notebook beside my table and I started to giggle. The term 'notebook' reminds me of the time I checked through Shuichi's notebook and I wanted it to be a diary. Only to my dismay, it was his work book. I sat on my bed and lied down. I was going to fall asleep when I heard my door open. I jumped up and looked at Shuichi. He was holding a box filled with paints and high quality colouring pencils. I smiled at him and took the box out of his hands.
"Thanks, Shumai!" I giggled and set it aside on my desk.
"Okay, so let's talk about all we know so far. We know a lot of things, but the most important things are what we need to jot down," he explained like a detective.
"Geez, this isn't a murder case," I sighed.
"It could just come to one," he whispered under his breath. My eyes jolted wide open.
"What?" I replied.
"Nothing," he shrugged. "I just mean that something bad might happen."
I frowned and kicked his leg.
"Ow. What was that for?" he sighed.
"Don't jinx us!" I yelled at him.
"I'm sorry- you're right," he smiled at me.
"I'm always right," I giggled and picked up my purple pen once again. I wrote on the top, 'Shu's and Ko's Plan.' Shuichi peered over my shoulder and laughed.
"Don't laugh! Do you have a better title?" I pouted. Shuichi just shook his head.
"Okay, so first things first. Rantaro put pills in my drink to make me forget a memory. Then, Rantaro sent me a mysterious email which we have yet to read. Next, Rantaro was on a call with someone and that person is working with him. He also had ordered a package which contains something green. He didn't want the green one so he got it exchanged for another colour. We do not know what this package is. After-" Shuichi explained and I cut him off.
"Stoppp! You're going too fast!" I complained. Did he think that I could write at the speed of light?
"Sorry," he laughed.
"Carry on," I insisted while cracking my knuckles.
"Afterwards, he sent Yuri off to the isolation room and that's all we know so far," he sighed. Isolation room?
"That's where she was taken too?" I questioned.
"Didn't you know? We couldn't possibly release Yuri off into the real world so we send unwanted Hope-Lies to the isolation section. It's a separate building that only Byakuya and the leaders can access, too," he replied.
"So you've been in there?" I questioned.
"Yes. Although, that was a couple of months ago to check on some Hope-Lies. Other than that I don't go in there," he stated. "If anything, I'm rather scared of that place."
"Pfft scared. What could a couple of creepily insane Hope-Lies do to you?" I teased.
"They will torture you and kill you," he responded bluntly. I shivered a little. He was right. If normal Hope-Lies try to kill you, insane ones would probably do their worst to you. I sighed and looked back at the piece of paper.
"Alright. Now what are the questions we want answered? You can't form a plan without questions or a motive," he announced. I nodded and thought about it.
"We want to know the following things: Who Rantaro was talking to? What package was Rantaro talking about and why was Yuri sent away? Oh and also, what that dream I had meant? I replied to him while writing down everything.
"We will update this paper from time to time," he concluded.
"Yeah," I nodded. "We now know the questions and we have recalled the past events, it's actually much more clearer now all that's happened."
"Agreed, it's been very hectic over the few days," Shumai nodded.
"Also, Tenko is doing that thing tomorrow, correct? Can I come?" I pleaded.
"Of course!" he laughed.
"What's so funny?" I frowned.
"I was actually going to ask you to come," he looked away embarrassed.
I laughed,"You ask me to come everywhere."
"I guess so," he giggled. I like seeing Shuichi giggle. I hope that I can see him laugh more often.
                                             •
They're ——ng to you.