Chapter 10

"Saturdayyyyyy! The one and the only day I can be free!" I yelled, excitedly. "Well, that's an understatement." I sighed and got out of bed. Yes, it was the day where I can hang out with Shumai, but not one to be carefree. I also need to thank Hoshi later, I will probably do that before breakfast. I do my normal routine and run out of my room. I was too ecstatic for today not to. However, I can't stop thinking about that call Rantaro got. He said something about a package and how he removed a piece of Shuichi's memory about something. He didn't remove anything significant that could make Shumai forget who he is but it was an important memory. I head to Hoshi's room and  unlock the door. There he was playing with the same cards he was yesterday. He seemed bored but who am I kidding? Of course he was bored, being locked in a room all day because you're 'dangerous', yet you give hope to society is just odd. So very odd!
"Hey Hoshi, I just wanted to say thank you for yesterday. I didn't get a proper chance to thank you. Nishis~" I giggled.
"Thanks Kokichi, anytime," he smiled back. We had a little conversation before I headed to the cafeteria. It is here that Shuichi would be waiting for me.

I scanned the area for a blue haired guy and I noticed him sitting at the back. We normally sat at the back of the cafeteria and away from the madness. People were always in the cafeteria, running, walking, talking, you name it. I waved at him to get his attention and he waved back. I walked through the crowds and got to him. I sat down and he had already put some pancakes on the table for me.
"Aww Shuichi, you didn't have to get me breakfast," I laughed. He looked away embarrassed at the fact that I laughed about it.
"Don't be embarrassed," I giggled and started eating.
"So, do you want to go straight away? Do you have anything to do?" He questioned. We were going to the leader's section which was the same place we went last time. I had sooo much fun there! It had everything you could possibly imagine. We walked to the elevator and it took us there. The familiar scent of happiness gliding through the air. I saw that Korekiyo was at a cafe drinking coffee and a girl with black hair and a blue outfit was with him. I haven't met her yet, I don't think.
"So the indoor beach?" Shumai grinned. I nodded and I started skipping. I followed him as we went to another floor using an elevator. We entered a hall and to my surprise I suddenly felt sand on my face.
"Pwah," I spat out the sand and Shuichi started laughing.
"Sorry, I think the air conditioners are on level 10 which is the highest level," he explained as he walked through the sand to the wall. There was a little white control panel which he shut off. The feeling of sand brushing against my face and clothes suddenly stopped. I looked around. The walls which were once white had now a beach scenery on it.
"What the?" I gasped dramatically.
"Do you like it? They are actually screens," he smiled while kicking the sand between his feet. I looked around. It was literally a beach! The white sand seemed to go on forever and the turquoise ocean stretched out into the horizon. I couldn't see how far the beach went as the screens made it seem like the whole thing was an illusion. Truth be told, a person could easily mistake the screens for actually being the beach and walk straight into it. Nishishishi. I want to see that. Oh! Maybe I could pull a prank on Maki, that would be fun.
"Shuichi! Race you to the sea!" I giggled and started running.
"W-wait what about your clothes?" He cried while running towards me. Just before I got to the sea, I stopped. This caused Shuichi to abruptly stop and fall into the pool.
"Gah," Shuichi shrieked. I burst out laughing.
"Nishish! Why would I want to get my clothes wet?" I giggled while he struggled to catch his breath.
"I hate you," he bluntly stated trying to get out of the sea.
"That's so mean-" I started only to be stopped when a hand grabbed me.
"Wha-" I yelled before I plunged into the water. I could hear a faint laughter which I think was Shumai's. How dare he! I swam back up to the top and started pulling his arm so that he couldn't get to the shore.
"Ha! Got you now," I laughed triumphantly as he tried to get out of my grasp.
"Let...me go," he complained. I kept on pulling his arm while he was trying to hit me. I think we are far enough away from the shore. I let go of him and he sighed.
"Why are we so far away from the shore?" He muttered. I giggled at him and he looked away.
"Your fault for falling in the sea," I sang.
"Your fault for telling me to race you to the sea," he sighed,
"Your fault for believing a liar!" I objected. He looked shocked and then it slowly melted in a smile.
"I think that we should get out of the sea," he insisted.
"But whyyyy!" I groaned.
"Well, what if I told you that I have gotten you phanta ice cream?" he smiled.
"Phanta ice cream!" I squealed. "Yes, yes and yes."
"Haha, okay then. We might need to head back to our rooms to change our clothes though," he started as we swam back to the shore.
"Nonsense, we should just go the clothes shop and buy some," I grinned. I had just received my pay check so if we go to the shops, I could buy him something. After all, he's been very nice to a liar like me.
"Okay then, if you insist," he smiled while lending me a hand up to the sand. I got out of the sea and immediately felt uncomfortable. I'm never jumping in the pool with clothes on ever again.
"Let's go then," Shuichi smiled while walking to the exit. The plan was this: we go to the shops, eat ice cream on the beach, go bowling, have lunch and then the end! We walked over to the shopping side of the mall. There were a couple of clothes shops. I think Shuichi wants to go in this one. We both walk in the shop together. Immediately, I spotted a black and white checkered top on the left side of the shop. There with it were matching black jeans.
"Hey Shu, I'm just going to go over there," I pointed to the left side.
"Okay," he nodded while walking to the right side. I picked up the shirt and jeans and decided to change into them in the dressing room. It looked alright. The shirt was quite big and loose but that didn't matter. I looked at the price tag at both of the items. Not bad I can buy these two things and then have enough money to buy Shuichi a present. I carefully snuck out of the changing room and paid for my items. After, I got a bag to put my wet clothes in. I looked around the shop and I couldn't see Shuichi. I looked in the dressing rooms and saw that the one next to me was occupied. He must be in there. Perfect! I can easily dash to a shop and buy him a present in no time. I ran as fast as I could to the shop I had seen before. In the gift shop, there was a crystal magnifying glass. It had a blue sapphire handle and the glass itself was made out of crystal. You wouldn't use it for investigations of course, it was an ornament. It cost a lot of course, but it would be worth buying it for him. I got the money out and bought it for him. I carried it carefully back to the clothes shop and peacefully walked back so that the present wouldn't break. That was the last thing I want.
I stepped in the shop to see a panicked Shumai.
"Where have you been, Kokichi?" He exclaimed when he saw me.
"Geeez and I thought I was dramatic," I giggled.
"What's in the bag?" Shuichi questioned while pointing to the bag.
"Oh this little thing? Nothing," I teased.
"Nothing?" He frowned.
"Okay maybe, there's something," I smiled. I took out the ornament and handed it to him. He looked at me shocked.
"I can't accept this!" He gasped while looking at the ornament. "Where did you even find it?"
"Oh it was in the shop just across from here. I saw the ornament and thought of you," I smiled. He smiled back a joyful smile.
"Thanks Kokichi, I'm going to put it in my office. That way we can both see it every time," he replied and put the present in a bag of his own.
"Let's go now! Phanta ice cream awaits!" I squealed and ran out of the store. I could hear a faint laugh behind me. The reason I ran out of the store wasn't because I was desperate for phanta ice cream...okay maybe a little but it's not the point. The reason I ran out was because I felt a tingling sensation in my stomach. Butterflies I think they're called? That's right. Why did I have them? Do I- no! I don't- I can't. Can I? We are in this mess with Rantaro and I still haven't told Shuichi about what I heard yesterday when I was spying on Rantaro, so how I can be feeling this right now? Do I like him?

They're ——ng t- -o-