Chapter 33

The Ultimate Supreme Leader was chosen to be the leader of a crazy corporation practically dripping with madness and monsters. How ironic. I blinked a few times as soon enough I remembered what was happening. Shuichi stood next to me along with some other people. Specifically, all of the leaders stood on the left side of the room and others such as Mikan, Miu, Peko and Fuyuhuko stood on the right side of the room. I stared at the documents in front of me and I looked up. After my talk with Shuichi, he told me to come here. For the ceremony. It wasn't going to be anything crazy, like I would have to bathe in gold or something awkward like that, but just a signing. A signing of documents. Documents saying that I would be the new leader, replacing Byakuya. I glanced up at Shuichi, he shuffled his feet next to me in
nervousness. For, he didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't even give him a response after he said that I was going to be the new leader. How could I? I pursed my lips. This was a confusing journey and for it all to end here with a signing is just...weird. It doesn't feel right, but then again, nothing feels right here. I scanned the document in front of me.
The Conundrum Corporation was written in gold letters, along with Previous Leader: Byakuya Togami and New Leader: Kokichi Ouma. The pen rolled to the side next to me, a simple reminder that I should make a decision.
"Kokichi, what will you do?" Shuichi muttered next to me. I kept staring at the sheet.
As of today, Kokichi Ouma will become the new leader of The Conundrum Corporation. This new title allows him to remove and hire new leaders, add new Hope-Lies, create more departments and he can shut the corporation.
I bit my lip. I can do all of that? I sighed and slumped my head on the table, creating a bang that made Mikan jump and others worried. Do I sign this or do I not sign this? A life with Shuichi, in a small house in the corporation. No...I'm getting this wrong. I don't need to live in a small house in the corporation. My eyes lit up and I removed my head from the table. If I sign this sheet, I am the leader now. I make the rules. I can let the corporation and the real world be one. That would be amazing. Who needs one, when you can merge both? I picked up the pen. This is it. This is what I'll do. As the new leader of The Conundrum Corporation, I will merge the real world and the corporation together. Of course, I'll have to sort some things out but I have no doubt that this will go smoothly. I put the pen down on the sheet where I had to sign. I bit my lip again, this was it. I proceeded to write my name.

Kokichi Ouma
••••••••••••••••

The sound of confetti popping made the pen I was holding drop abruptly. I looked up to see Shuichi holding a confetti popper. Small pieces of confetti fell on my hair and on my outfit. I smiled a little, seeing his excitement. Even if it meant signing this contract. Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes at Shu. Peko nudged him a little as Byakuya came walking up to me. He held out his hand for me to shake.
"Welcome to the corporation, for real this time," he smiled. I hummed and took his hand.
"It's time for the Ultimate Supreme leader to shine! Come on Shuichi, we need to have a party!" I exclaimed and let go of Byakuya's hand.
"Actually Shuichi has already planned a whole party for you Kokichi," Rantaro smiled.
"Yes. I must say he put a lot of effort in it," Korekiyo added. I giggled. Everyone seems so happy despite what happened with the pills, calls, emails, spying, confusion, memories and so much more that I don't want to remember. I glanced at all of their faces. They were all smiling, well except for Maki, Fuyuhiko and Peko.
"So what are we standing here for? Let's go to this party Shuichi has planned," Byakuya questioned and walked out of the room.
"It's not that much. It's just a small party for the welcoming of our new leader," Shuichi shrugged and smiled a little. I shook my head.
"No! A party is still a party and a party by my Shu will be the best party of all time," I laughed and pulled Shuichi towards the door with me. I reached the door knob and turned it. I glanced around the room I had signed the documents in, it was Byakuya's office. Actually, correction.
It was my office.

The gold tree in the middle of the room said elegance. The gold apples on the tree said poshness, but what really got me were the balloons. Multiple gold and silver balloons dotted around the information department. The balloons screamed 'too much.' Actually, the whole room was too much. There were heaps and heaps of tables full of food on one side of the room and all of the decoration on the other side. The decoration was all gold and silver. Nothing less and nothing more. The tree was a nice touch, though. I wonder how they got that in here.
"Do you like it or is it not to your taste?" Maki spoke up finally, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Rantaro sighed and rolled his eyes.
"That's our boss you're speaking to," Rantaro reminded her. I nodded cheerfully.
"And I will be the best boss you ever had!" I exclaimed and ran up to the tree.
"I'm still here you know," Byakuya groaned and pushed up his glasses. I touched the branch to see if any gold would come on my hand, to my surprise it didn't.
"Real gold?" I mumbled. Byakuya came up to me and nodded.
"Only the best of the best, remember that," he sighed and then turned around. I turned around to see the whole crew looking at me. The people who I was once suspicious of, Mikan, Rantaro and Maki. The people who I barely know, Peko, Fuyuhiko and Miu. People who I would like to get to know more, Korekiyo and Tenko. The person I love, Shuichi.
"So what's the first level of business?" Byakuya asked. I grinned a big grin and flung my hand in the air for dramatic effect.
"For the real world and corporation to become one!"

They're lying to you.
Do not trust anyone.