Chapter 19

"I don't know how we did that," I muttered and stretched my arms. They cracked slightly and I looked at Yuri, who was sitting on the floor in my room wiping her red eyes. Shuichi was pacing the room back and forth, worried. Somehow, we had managed to get Yuri out of the isolation section and into my room. She looked as if she was going to faint or even puke at any minute. I really don't want to clean up any puke on the floor...that doesn't matter right now. Shuichi finally stopped prancing around my room and looked at Yuri.
"Yuri are you okay? Can I get you anything?" Shuichi asked. Yuri thought about it for a moment before responding in a very croaky voice.
"Can I have a glass of water?" she murmured. Shuichi nodded and then ran out of the room. If I was him, then truthfully I'd be worried too. After all, he did something against the rules of his job, which can get him fired.
"Okay, we need to talk," Yuri started. I looked at her confused. Did she purposely want to get Shuichi out of the room?
"Listen, so I think I recall you getting an injection?" she questioned.
"Uhh. What? Oh, yeah that stupid nurse fell on me and somehow injected this syringe in me," I nodded. She frowned, her pale lips were chapped and some skin was pealing off.
"I don't know much truthfully, but I will give you some information. Rantaro was on the phone with Mikan that day, yes they were trying to buy something that was green. I don't know what but if I could give a good guess...actually I'm sure that you can figure it out," she sighed and twisted her hair with a bony finger.
"Mikan? That day when I was spying on him with Hoshi?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. She nodded, her hair shaking with her head.
"Yes, Mikan. Another thing, multiple people are...lying to you right now. They're lying to you," she muttered. I stepped back.
"Who?" I demanded. "Rantaro? Yeah sure, he was never to be trusted, but who else?"
"I..." she started, but stopped. She shivered a little and clutched her arms. She looked down at the floor with her eyes wide in fear.
"Many...many people...If I tell you then you will fall into despair. I can't have that! Choose the right choice, you need to choose the right choice in the end! The end will hold such an important decision," she muttered all in one breath. She shook her head again- as if she was out of a trance.
"Sorry, I was rambling there," she laughed lightly and I frowned.
"You must know more than you're telling me," I insisted. She smiled a sad smile.
"Maybe, maybe not," she sighed. I looked at her angrily.
"Are you lying to me too?" I accused her. She stood up shakily and fixed her ballet dress that was a little crumpled. Once it looked a little better, she sat back down again.
"No I'm not," she stated firmly. "I'm just a Hope-Lie that knows a little more information than she should. Nothing more, nothing less," she carried on. I looked at her, scanning her face. The Ultimate Supreme Leader could tell if anyone was lying and she wasn't.
"I can deduct any lie though. Half the time I'm lying to everyone I know," I objected.
"Yes of course but sometimes people don't tell the full truth. Telling a lie means that you either don't tell the truth or you don't tell the full truth. Same thing, however, much more different, to figure out," she explained. If someone doesn't tell the full truth then that means that they keep half of it to themselves. If they do that, then I can't exactly see if they are lying since they're not telling me anything.

I sighed and looked at the door. Shuichi should be back any minute now. Yuri looked at my face and examined it. Her eyes moved as if she was skimming through a book.
"Don't worry about Shuichi. He...can't exactly remember anything," she chuckled. What? I thought that he couldn't remember one thing, not many?
"Only one memory was taken away right?" I asked her. She shook her head.
"Five," she murmured. "Five important memories about the corporation."
"Five!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, the door opened and Shuichi came in. I glanced at him and he was slightly mad. Did he hear the conversation? If he didn't, should I tell him what I found out?
"Sorry, I took so long," he mumbled. Yuri extended her hand to take the glass of water Shumai was holding. She smiled and took a sip.
"Hey Shu, so now what do we do with her?" I questioned him.
"Well simple, since she belongs to my section of the corporation, we will just send her back to her room," he replied. I nodded thinking about it. Rantaro would get mad but it's not like he's one of the founders. Byakuya is and we don't even see him so this should work.
"Okay, simple enough right," I smiled. Shuichi nodded at me but didn't smile. I need to speak to him. My eyes shot to Yuri who was picking at a scab on her hand. If I could just get out of the room with Shuichi then I can tell him.
"Hey, I'm sorta hungry. Who else is hungry?" I asked. I eyed Shuichi while Yuri was being occupied by scratching the life out of her hand.
"I am," Shumai replied and I looked at Yuri.
"Since you clearly can't go to the cafeteria, how about we go and get you something to eat?" I questioned.
"I'm good, thank you," she sighed.
"Okay then. We'll still get something for you though," Shu smiled and walked out of the room with me.

"So that's all she said," I finished talking about what happened while he was gone. He frowned and rubbed his temple.
"Mikan, huh? You never did trust her, did you?" He sighed and I laughed.
"Yep!" I giggled. I took a bite of the cookie I got.
"So now we need to be careful of everyone," he muttered. I nodded.
"It's just you and me, Shu! However, you do realise that you would also be lying to me if Rantaro didn't make you forget those memories," I hugged him. He smiled and hugged me.
"If I still did have my memories, then I would have told you what was happening here," he smiled.
"That's exactly why I removed them," a voice grumbled behind us.
                                      •
They're lying to you.
—ot ——- ———