Morning 5

We walked towards the holding cells. Ashton was watching Octavia as they drag her outside. I rush over to her. She looked drained and worried. 

"Are you ok?" I asked as I got close to her. 

"Yes I'm fine, I think. They won't let me out."

"I'll get my dad to come bail you out," I looked behind me and noticed that Jacob had his phone out. I could see someone walk up to us from the corner of my eye. 

"That's not going to happen." 

It was the same cop that brought me here. She looked like she didn't know what she was doing. The lady kept messing with the keys in her hand like she didn't know which one to use. 

"And why not?" Jacob asked as he hung up the phone. 

"Because she's heading to court. They're gonna figure out what to do with her there," she opened the door and held out some cuffs, "turn around and put your hands behind your back."

"Don't worry babe, I'll call Heidi's mom and get her to court for you." I grabbed my phone and started dialing her number. 

Me and Jacob watched as she took Ash and left the building. We didn't know what to do. Ash was going to court and could go to jail. Jacob called his dad again and asked for a ride. But before we could leave the investigator came up to us. 

"Ariel Perez, you will need to come to the trial for Octavia tomorrow. You will be used as a witness." And with that he left. 

Jacob looked confused but didn't question anything. When his dad showed up, we got in. He drove for a few minutes. Nothing was said the whole ride. He dropped us off at my place. My moms weren't home. I needed to prove that Octavia killed Jasmine, and Jacob was the only one to make that happen. 

"I need you to do something for me" 

I didn't turn around to look at him. I just grabbed my laptop and placed it on the coffee table. I watched him stand there through the mirror on the wall. He didn't know what I was going to ask him to do. I still didn't look at him. I opened the drawer and just looked at it. A 45 Cold Handgun sat there. I didn't know why I opened the draw but I knew something bad was going to happen. 

"If this is to push Octavia deeper into whatever shit you put her in, keep me out of it. I'm not doing this shit again." I could hear foot steps. He was probably going to leave. I grabbed the gun and pointed it at him. 

"Sit down."

I watched as he turned around. He has fear smeared all over his face. He slowly put his hands up. 

"Ariel, you don't want to do this. Put the gun down."

Instead of listening, I pulled the trigger. I looked and seen Jacob on the ground, holding his shoulder. Blood started to cover his hands. When he moved his arm, it was just a scratch but it was deep.

"Do what I tell you, I won't hesitate to shoot you again." 

He slowly got up, clearly in pain and walked over to the couch. I stopped him. I couldn't take a chance of his getting blood on the couch. So I grabbed the computer and made him go into the kitchen. He sat down and used his free hand to type. I made him write an email under Octavia's name and made sure it looked real. 

We needed to hurry up. I needed to be at Ashton's trial. She needed me. I told Jacob to hurry up. He was going too slow. Soon enough he was finished. He asked to be excused and walked upstairs. I could hear water running and him cry in pain. He was probably cleaning his wound. 

I placed the gun on the table and leaned against it. Something had to be done. The truth is going to get out. Jacob is too dangerous. I walked into the garage and looked around. I found my mothers work bench. Even though she worked in a bakery with my other mom, she loved to build and fix things. I grabbed the biggest tool I could find. 

Walking back inside, I could still hear the water running and him wincing. He said somethings here and there but some of them I couldn't hear. I looked at the gun and then at the tool that was in my hand. If I didn't want to become a suspect, I needed this to be clean. I placed the tool down and grabbed the gun once again. 

"I might need to get stitches, this is a really deep wound. No hard feeling right? I understand what you're doing, but if you keep doing this, they're going to find out." 

I walked up the stairs and then down the hall. The sound of his voice got louder and louder, same with the water. Once I got to the door way of the bathroom, I stopped. My blood was pumping. I checked my phone, I had a few minutes before Ashton's trial started. 

"Hey Ariel, do you have anything I can use to cover this?" 

I raised my arm up and leveled it with his head. I guess he seen me in the mirror because his face went white and he slowly turned around. But before he could face me, I pulled the trigger. A loud bang went throughout the house. Blood splattered all over the walls and my clothes. I checked my phone and noticed I don't have that long to get to the court. I looked down at Jacobs body and couldn't help but smirk. 

"No witnesses."