Noon 4

I sat in another dimly bright room. It smelled really musty and damp. At first, I thought my father was going to show back up. But he never showed, instead, some guy that says he's friends with Mr. James' shows up. He wasn't very talkative either. 

After awhile of just sitting in silence, the door opens and two investigators come in. David, my so called lawyer didn't say anything. He just looked through the files and photos. What kind of lawyer is he? Isn't he suppose to tell me not to answer anything that could make me look bad?

One of the investigators was a lady and the other a man.

"Good afternoon Ms. James. I'm detective Carter and this is my partner, detective Weaver," the lady said, "we're going to ask you a few questions."

Detective Weaver didn't look like he wanted to be dealing with this. What was up with all these cops and detectives looking so out of it? Detective Carter placed some photos in front of me. I could hardly look at them without gauging. Some where photos of the body. A bruised looking rope burn made its way around her neck. Two deep cuts doing down both of her arms, from her wrist to a little above bend of her arm. 

"We have reason to believe that you're behind the murder of Jasmine Stimle."

Of course you have reasons to believe that, you had two people admit that I did it. Before I could say anything, she pulled out another photo. One was a photo of a rope and the other a medium size piece of glass. Both had blood on them and an outline of a fingerprint. It confused me. I didn't understand what she was trying to prove. 

"Do these photos look familiar to you?" She placed another photo out of a broken flask. There were drops of blood one some pieces of it. I didn't say anything. I couldn't take my eyes off of her face. The more I looked at it, the more I noticed the bruises around her eye, mouth, and nose. There was some dried blood coming from her nose. 

"You knew Jasmine am I right?" The lady asked.

"Yes ma'am, we had 2nd together. Can I ask why I'm being questioned? I didn't do anything."

"We're here to question you, not the other way around," Detective Weaver snapped. He wasn't a very friendly person.

"I too am wondering why my client is being questioned,"my lawyer stated, "you have no proof that she's done anything. It's all hearsay."

"We do have proof Mr. Simon. The rope and piece of glass has her prints on it. Would you like to explain how that got there?" Weaver asked this time. 

He was intimidating and very strict. I never knew how to answer any of these questions. I still don't understand why I was blamed for any of this. I remembered what she said to me before they took her. 

She needed an escape goat.