(8) broken

"i really screwed up"

"Are you okay?" Connie asked Kenzie after she explained the entire story to her. Kenzie leaned up against her locker and shook her head.

She wasn't okay. Last night terrified her and she couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. She didn't even tell Charlie or Nate about how he was going to force her into having sex with him.

For once in her whole life, Kenzie was genuinely scared.

"It freaked me out," She admitted softly. "I never seen him act that way before."

Connie sighed as she wrapped her arm around her shoulders, "Stay away from him for good. He's obviously crazy if he tried to basically rape you."

Kenzie shivered visibly at the word. She felt dirty and violated even though nothing happened yet the possibility of it happening still haunted her thoughts. She thought she knew Ryan but clearly she didn't

"I just want to talk to Luis," Kenzie said as the two walked down the hall. "I want to appologize."

Connie nodded and started walking in the direction of Luis' locker. Kenzie was nervous that he wouldn't forgive her, she was nervous that she missed her chance.

Luis stood at his locker with Mindy, again. Surprisingly, they weren't in a full blown heated make out session in the middle of the hallway. She leaned next to the locker next to his, occasionally whispering something in his ear or placing a kiss on his cheek, while he searched around in his locker.

"I'll wait right here for you," Connie whispered as she nudged her forward. Kenzie sighed and walked toward them. She took a deep breath, trying to make sure her emotions were controlled, before she spoke up.

"Hey," She said, grabbing both of their attention. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Who's this?" Mindy asked, her face full of disgust as she played with her long blonde hair. Kenzie had to control herself from yelling at her or punching her. She was already annoying her and all she did was ask a question.

"Just a teammate," Luis responded as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips. "I'll see you after first."

Ouch.

She pulled him back in for another kiss, this time it was long and passionate unlike the quick peck he had given her. Kenzie had to look away, feeling uncomfortable and heartbroken. She made eye contact with Connie, who was looking at her with sympathy in her eyes.

"See you later, babe," Mindy said as she kissed Luis cheek before walking away. Kenzie watched as her perfect figure disappeared down the hallway.

Luis turned to Kenzie, his arms crossed against his chest as he leaned against his locker. Kenzie's heart raced as she looked up at him.