(17) olivia

"what's wrong nate?"

Kenzie didn't even realize what she was doing until she was standing outside of the apartment door after school that day. She texted the person she needed to talk to and left school without even waiting for an answer. She didn't even bother to tell Luis, Nate, or Grayson where she went.

She knew she needed to do this, to fix the problems that were happening. She was furious that Ryan had showed up to school right after what happened at the party. She hated that this had become this huge problem when it should have just been a break up.

She hated the constant attention she was getting because of Ryan now going to school with her. Her entire team and the varisty team just wouldn't leave her alone. They were constantly asking if she was alright. She knew she wasn't and she knew that people were seeing through her lies. Everyone knew she wasn't okay and she hated that.

She wished she could go back to her old self, the one who never showed emotion and hide any type of pain she felt, but at the same time she was proud of herself for her postitive change. If she didn't own up to her feelings and admitted them, she never would have ended up almost dating Luis.

The door swung open, revealing the tall blonde girl that had become her older sister. The older girl smiled at her before pulling her into a tight hug.

"So my brother is being an asshole?" She asked Kenzie as she placed her hands on her hips. Kenzie laughed with a nod before walking into the apartment behind her.

"The biggest asshole," Kenzie replied, anger clearly showing in her tone.

Olivia Arquette was Ryan's older sister of two years. Even though she was two years older then them, she was always hanging out with them. Even before Kenzie and Ryan started dating, way back in middle school.

She was the only family member of Ryan's that genuinely liked her and made her feel welcomed.

"What did he do?" Liv asked Kenzie as they sat down on her couch. Kenzie sighed as she looked over at Liv. She couldn't belive it had been almost four months since they last saw each other. Between college prep for Liv, the problems going on between Ryan and Kenzie, and Liv moving out of her parents house the second she graduated high school, there wasn't much time for them to hang out.

"Your parents somehow managed to get him into the school that I now attend," Kenzie explained. She watched Liv's face scrunch up in anger as the mention of her parents.

She knew how much Liv hated her parents and she understood why. They only cared about their money and that pissed Liv off. Kenzie didn't know what happened when no one was around and Liv or Ryan has never spoken about it but she can only imagine.

"Sounds like them," Liv said as she shook her head. "Did you guys break up?"

She froze at the question, forgetting that she didn't even tell his own sister they had broken up.