(20) emercyn

"i think i smell a boyfriend"

Kenzie nervously bounced her leg up and down as she sat in one of the chairs in the airport. She was nervous about seeing her cousin again after all of this time but she was extremely excited.

Emercyn was the only other girl around besides Kenzie when they were younger. It was always Nate, Grayson, and her hockey team full of boys. She didn't even make any girl friends until high school.

Emercyn got into Eden Hall and would be starting school that Monday, which made Kenzie so happy yet so worried at the same time. Ryan didn't even know Em was Kenzie's cousin considering they didn't know each other when Em was still living in Minnesota.

It was really early in the morning but Kenzie, Luis, Grayson, and even Nate, who was not a morning person, was full of energy. The four of them were happy they were skipping school that day.

Grayson and Nate were deep in a conversation that neither Luis and Kenzie were listening to. They were in their own little world, her head on his shoulder as they talked quietly to each other.

"Your cousin reminds me so much of you already and I haven't even met her yet," Luis said with a small laugh, making Kenzie smile to herself. She was telling stories of things she did with her cousin.

"We really are alike," Kenzie responded. "We used to get in so much trouble together at family parties. We weren't even allowed to sit next to each other at family dinners."

Luis laughed as he shook his head, "I don't know how I feel about having two Kenzie's around."

Kenzie scoffed and rolled her eyes, taking her head off of his should to slap him playfully in the arm. He pouted at her and held the spot where she hit, as if it actually hurt him. She rolled her eyes at him before placing her head back on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," He said quietly, making her head fly up from his shoulder. She almost didn't even hear him, that's how quiet his voice was. She was shocked he was choosing now to talk about it. He didn't bring it up once when they were all at her house the previous day.

"Don't be," Kenzie said with a smile. "I know that if it was a girl talking to you like that or acting that way around you, I would flip."

"Yeah you should see her at school," Nate joined in on the conversation from his seat next to Kenzie, rolling his eyes as he basically exposed his best friend. "She's always complaining about how Mindy is staring at you."

Kenzie's eye went wide as she instantly smacked Nate in the back of the head. He groaned as he rubbed the spot, cursing her out in a whisper. She felt heat rise to her cheeks, she didn't want Luis to know about how insecure and jealous she was of Mindy. She didn't want to seem crazy and totally out of character.