(33) anthony webster

"i'm not going to let anything happen to you again"

"I'm really sorry I brought you into all of this," Kenzie said quietly to Luis as they walked hand-in-hand through the hospital. They had just got done speaking to Madi about everything that happened and the outcome of it was, Madi is hiding from Nate's dad, Ryan is actually missing, and Nate's dad is no where to be found. Kenzie felt guilty that her team and Luis was now being pulled into her crazy family drama but at the same time, no one saw this coming.

"Kenz don't say that," He said as he squeezed her hand. "This is not your fault at all. This is Ryan, Madi, and Nate's dad's fault. Not yours."

She nodded softly as they stopped outside the room, "I know but I still feel awful."

"Well don't," He said with a smile as he leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips. "I'm going to be by your side through everything, I'm not going to let anything happen to you ever again."

Kenzie couldn't help the smile on her face when she heard him say those words. She truly believed him and knew he would do anything to keep her safe. She also knew she was willing to do anything to keep him out of harms way. That alone made the two of them powerful, they were fighting for each other.

Kenzie pecked his lips one more time before dragging him into the room. Nadia's eyes lit up at the sight of her friend but Kenzie frowned at her current state. She had stiches above her eyebrow, a black eye, and a cast on her right arm but besides that she looked okay and that made Kenzie so happy.

"Hi, love," Nadia said as Kenzie gently gave her a hug, hoping she wasn't hurting her.

"I'm so sorry," Kenzie blurted out as the two of them pulled away. Nadia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" She asked. "It was not your fault. It was the idiot who hit us fault. It was like he came crashing into us on purpose."

Kenzie gulped as she nodded, "Well he did." Nadia looked confused at what she said so Kenzie decided to tell her the truth, even if it's going to hurt her. "It was Nate's dad. Apparently he went to Ryan and Madi about trying to 'get his son back' and they agreed. Madi faked that whole story to get things out of me and to trust her. They were trying to kill my mom, Gray, and I so he could have Nate back. Luckily all of us survived but now Nate's dad is no where to be found, Ryan is missing, and Madi is hiding."

"Oh my god," Nadia said in shock as she processes the insane story she just heard. Kenzie didn't blame her for being so shocked. "This is crazy!"

"How are you guys feeling?" She asked Luis and Kenzie. "Nate told me about the whole attack thing earlier when he came to see me. Said it was Ryan and Madi which now makes me feel sick. I can't believe they were going to kill you."

Kenzie nodded her head in agreement, "I know right, it's crazy! But we're okay. Thankfully it was nothing to serious, we both just needed a lot of stitches."

Nadia sighed in relief and nodded, "How is Gray doing? He's probably trying to go kill Ryan right now."

Kenzie's heart dropped at her question, she didn't think she would be the one to inform her that her crush was in a coma. Nadia realized the look on her face and grew nervous. She reached out and grabbed Kenzie's hand which made Kenzie snap her head in her direction. She could see the tears forming in Nadia's eyes and she knew she was expecting the worse. Kenzie took a shaky breath as she felt tears forming in her eyes too.

"He's alive," She said quickly which made Nadia sigh in relief again. "But he's in a coma."

Nadia audially gasped at the sentence and her hand flew up to her mouth in surprise. Kenzie let the tears come out when she saw the constant flow of tears coming from Nadia's eyes.

"A- a coma?" She stuttered as she cried. Kenzie nodded softly before Nadia came crashing into her arms. Kenzie held onto one of her best friends as she she cried over her twin brother. She held on tightly, hoping she could ease her pain but she knew it was useless because she was hurting just as bad.

***

Everyone was sitting in the living room that night. Kenzie, Luis, Em, Nate, and their parents. Every single door and window were locked and they refused to go anywhere alone. Everyone was on edge at the news of Nate's dad trying to kill them, I mean who wouldn't be on edge?

Luis protectively had his arms wrapped around Kenzie as they sat next to Em on one of the couches. Kenzie's parents were sitting on the other couch together and Nate was sprawled out on the floor watching TV. The TV was on a low volume and Nate was really the only one paying attention.

Kenzie leaned up and kissed Luis' cheek. Luis smiled before kissing her lips. Kenzie sighed in happiness as she puts her head back on his chest and tried to focus back on the random TV show they were watching.

The knock at the front door made every nearly jump out of their skin. Everyone looked around at each other with the same expression, shocked and scared.

"I'll get it," Kenzie's father said as he stood up from his spot on the couch. Kenzie tried to stand up too so she could follow her father but Luis pulled her back into his body.

"Luis," She tried to protest but he just shook his head and pointed a finger at her, she knew she wouldn't win over Luis' protective side. She heard Em laughing from next to him and Kenzie couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Kenzie! Luis!" Her father called from the door. Luis and Kenzie exchanged confused glances as everyone else looked at them with the same expression. Kenzie shrugged before she stood up and pulled Luis with her toward the door.

Her eyes went wide when she saw two police officers standing on her front porch. She didn't expect to see cops standing there but at the same time, she knew it was coming. They were one of the last people to see Ryan before he went missing.

"Mackenzie Palmer? Luis Mendoza?" The man cop asked as Luis and Kenzie nodded in response. "The both of you were attacked by Ryan Arquette and Madison Martin last night at your school's homecoming, correct?"

"Yes," Kenzie spoke to them for both of them. The cops nodded and started writing things down on little note pads.

"I don't know if you have been informed but Ryan is missing," The other cop spoke and all three of them nodded. "Do you guys might know where he would be?"

"No," Luis responded. "But the last person to see him was Madi and Mr. Webster."

Kenzie and her dad nodded in agreement but the cops looked at them confused.

"Does Mr. Webster's first name happen to be Anthony?" One of the cops asked which made Kenzie and her father exchange a look.

"Yes that is his first name," She said with a nod.

"Anthony Webster just got out of jail for battery last year and has been causing trouble for at least twenty years," He explained. "He has been on our radar since he was a teen, he's no stranger to crime."

"Jesus," Kenzie whispered to herself. She didn't even know Nate's dad went to jail or has been causing serious trouble like that for so long.

"So are you saying that Anthony Webster is the reason behind the disappearance of Ryan Arquette?" The cop asked.

Kenzie didn't even hesitate, "Yes."