(45) halloween night part two

"come closer and i will actually beat the homophobe out of you"

"Oh my, god!" Kenzie and Em shouted at the same time as they both turned around, trying their best to give the people in the bathroom a little bit of privacy.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't think anyone was in here!" Kenzie said as she made sure to avoid eye contact with the two boys, hoping to not make them too embarrassed.

"Kenzie, Em! You guys can't say anything, okay? We haven't told anyone about this," Goldberg said as Averman jumped down from the counter, both of them blushing like crazy. Kenzie smiled softly at the boys, feeling awful for walking in on their kiss but feeling so happy for the two of them.

"Don't worry guys, your secret is safe with us," Kenzie said with a smile. "But I'm so happy for you guys! I guess everyone was right about the whole old married couple thing."

"We're not old, Kenzie," Averman said as he pushed his glasses up, rolling his eyes slightly. Kenzie squealed as she pulled the two of them into a tight hug, causing both of them to groan in pain. "Alright, Kenz! We love you too!"

She pulled away with a smile that was immediately turned into a frown as she stared at Averman's bruised eye. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as he sighed deeply.

"What happened to your eye?" Em asked with concern as she took a step closer to the boys.

"Riley," Averman muttered. "He saw me kiss Goldie when we were on our way in and started saying stuff about it. I tried to just ignore him and get into the house but he cornered us. Him and two of his other varsity friends. When I tried to get away, he punched me right in the eye. Thank god I wasn't wearing my glasses!"

"Averman, I'm so sorry," Em said as she pulled the red head into a hug. He sighed deeply as he held the girl in his arms. Goldberg looked over at Kenzie, who was glaring down at her feet.

"You alright, Kenz?" Goldie asked with caution, grabbing the attention of the two others. She looked up at Averman's bruised eye and she felt the anger build up inside her again.

"Let's go see how Richard's doing," She said with a smirk as she turned to walk out of the bathroom. The three others followed her out as she began walking down the hall toward the stairs.

"Kenzie, it's okay. You don't have to do anything," Averman tried to reason with her but there was no stopping her. She was fuming with anger as she stomped down the stairs. She wasn't going to let Riley treat her friends awfully and put his hands on Averman.

"Kenz, I still have to pee!" Em whined as they entered the living room. Kenzie ignored her and smirked when she spotted Riley in the kitchen speaking with a senior girl. The kitchen was pretty full which made Kenzie happier, knowing what she was going to do would embarrass him.