(38) happiness

"happy screams?"

"happy screams?"

Kenzie fell down onto her bed with a sigh, happy to be home after four longs days in the hospital. She was shocked that her stab wound wasn't as bad as it felt. She was in a lot of pain but thankfully she was going to be okay and could get back to hockey within a couple weeks.

They never found Nate's dad. The thought of him being out there somewhere scared her like you wouldn't believe. People say he probably left town with the amount of charges he had and even her father was staying at their house with them so she felt somewhat safe.

She heard the door creak open and her head perked up to see who was at the door. Em walked in with a smile on her face as she plopped down beside her. She threw her arms around Kenzie and pulled her into a hug, making Kenzie laugh lightly.

"I'm so happy you're home," Em whispered to her. "Nate and Grayson have been driving me absolutely crazy. Those two are so annoying!"

Kenzie let out a laugh but nodded her head in agreement, "I can only imagine how annoying they were."

Em arched a brow at her cousin, "For someone who was stabbed just a few days ago, you look awfully happy."

Kenzie couldn't contain the bright smile that broke out onto her face, she didn't care that everyone go see that she was literally glowing with happiness. She was, she was so happy and that's all because Luis loved her. He really loved her and she loved him just as much and it really was a beautiful thing for the both of them.

"Maybe something happened while I was in the hospital," She said as she shrugged her shoulders, her smile never fading. Em looked at her confused but shoved her shoulder in a way to tell her to continue with the story. "The first time I saw Luis after I woke up, we told each other that we love each other."

Em gasped in shock before it was replaced by a loud pitched scream, making Kenzie cover her mouth as she laughed at her cousin's reaction. The hand didn't stop Em from screaming, now all that was heard was Em's muffled screaming and Kenzie's loud laugh.

Footsteps could be heard running up the stairs and suddenly the door flied open. The girls turned their heads to see Grayson, Nate, and Luis standing in the doorway with very confused and worried expressions. Em and Kenzie looked at each other and the second they did, they burst into laughter.

"Their faces!" Kenzie said through laughs as she pointed at the three boys who still looked confused on what the hell was going on in Kenzie's room.

"We heard screaming," Luis said as he crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned against the door frame. "Thought something was happening."

"Oh trust me," Em said as she smirked over at Kenzie's blushing face. "Those were happy screams."

"Happy screams?" Nate questioned as he looked between the two other boys who were laughing along with him. Kenzie caught on and began laughing with them but Emercyn didn't. She looked at the four laughing teens confused.

"I didn't know Charlie was in here too," Grayson said as everyone erupted into laughter again. Em caught on and gasped in shock. She stood up from her spot on Kenzie's bed and flew toward her tall cousin. She instantly jumped on him and attempted to tackle him to the ground but it was no use since he was much stronger than her. Kenzie and the boys couldn't control their laughter as they watched Em try to wrestle with Grayson.

"You don't stand a chance, Em!" Nate called out with a huge smile as Em turned to him from Grayson's back and flipped him off. "He's so much bigger than you!"

"Okay it's not my fault that Grayson is actually a giant," Em said as she held her hands up in mock surrender making everyone laugh at her. She jumped off of Grayson's back and fixed her clothes with a huff. "If he was shorter I would have defineltly won that fight."

"Yeah right," Grayson said with a scoff as he gently punched Em in the arm. "I could be shorter than you and still win against you in a fight."

"Shut up, Grayson," Emercyn shouted at him as she slapped him in the arm. He only shook his head while laughing.

"So I heard about the good news!" Em said as she looked between Luis and Kenzie. Kenzie put her face in her hands due to the embarrassment but Luis looked at her confused. He looked down at Kenzie and then realized what she meant. His face broke out into a huge smile.

"What good news?" Nate asked as he entered the room and sat down on Kenzie's bed. "Is someone pregnant? Or wait, is someone getting married!"

"Nate!" Kenzie yelled as she pushed him , sending him flying off of the bed and making everyone laugh. "No one is having a kid or a wedding!"

Nate laughed loudly and laid back in her bed, his head falling into Kenzie's laugh. Em rolled her eyes at Nate while Grayson laid down on the bed too.

"Gray! You take up the whole bed!" Kenzie whined, making the four others laugh. Her twin sat up for a moment to hit her in the arm playfully before flopping back down onto the bed.

"Don't change the subject, Kenz," Nate said with a scoff before he sat up to face Kenzie. She laughed at him as they sat in front of each other.

"Fine, since you guys love knowing my business," Kenzie said as she rolled her eyes playfully. "I love Luis, Luis loves me, and we now say that to each other."

Nate and Grayson's mouths hung open in shock. As soon as Nate's shock faded, he tackled her into a hug. Kenzie laughed loudly as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm actually so happy for you," Nate said with a bright smile as the two of them pulled away. "You deserve this, Kenz. You really do."

"Aw, Nate! Don't make me cry," Kenzie said with a pout. Nate laughed at her as she held her arms open and he gladly hugged her again.

Kenzie, Luis, Em, and Nate all turned toward Grayson who still looked pretty shocked from the news. Kenzie was kind of nervous, she was worried that her brother might be upset at her or think she is moving too fast after everything that happened with Ryan. Her worries faded when he smiled at her and pulled her off the bed. He wrapped his arms around her tightly as they swayed back and forth, making her laugh.

"I'm happy that you're finally happy," Grayson said as they pulled away. She smiled up at him as he leaned down and kissed the top of her head before turning to Luis. "But if you ever hurt her, man, I'll kill you."

Luis laughed nervously as he threw his hands up in mock surrender, "I'll never hurt her, I can't hurt her."

Kenzie watched as her brother smiled approvingly before hugging Luis. She smiled at the sight. She was more than happy to not only be in love with someone but to have her friends and family love him as well. It was a great feeling.

When they pulled away, Kenzie instantly went to Luis and wrapped her arms around his torso. He did the same, hugging her head since she was so small. She sighed happily. Even though she had been through so much, she was happy.

"I actually have somewhere to take you," Luis whispered to her, making her head perk up. She smiled at him.

"And where will you be taking me?" She asked in a whisper as she leaned up and wrapped her arms around his neck. He smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"It's a surprise," He whispered before leaning down to place his lips on hers. They could heard Em squealing with excitement as the boys groaned in disgust. They pulled away laughing from the sounds coming from them.

"Let me get changed," She said with a smile before turning to Em. She pointed at Em and she instantly knew what she had to do. She jumped to her feet and began walking out of the room. Kenzie followed her but felt someone pull her back by her arm. She turned around, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion, as she stared up at Luis.

"I love you," Luis said, making her face break out into a huge smile.

"I love you, too."