(42) mischief night

"i mean it is mischief night after all"

"He hasn't said a word to me in three days," Kenzie said to Adam as they leaned against the wall outside of the locker room. They had just finished their game and were waiting for their friends as they watched Nate and Lola talked over by the bleachers.

"I don't understand why," Adam replied as he shook his head. "You're just looking out for him. Why would he be so mad at you for that?"

"Because he thinks I'm trying to ruin his first ever relationship," Kenzie said with a sigh. "He doesn't understand that I'm trying to protect him."

"Nate found himself a girl, huh?" Adam and Kenzie heard from the doorway. Coach was standing in the doorway watching the new couple with a smirk on his face. He looked over at the two teenagers standing beside him and his smirk instantly dropped. "Do you guys not like her or something?"

"She's a bitch," Adam responded, making Kenzie snort before she started laughing. Coach nodded his head as he laughed along.

"That was very blunt," He said as he patted them both on the shoulder. "Good game, guys!"

"Thanks, coach!" They said in unison as they watched him walk away. Kenzie sighed as the door opened, revealing Luis, Grayson, Connie, Charlie, and Guy.

"Took you guys long enough," Kenzie said sarcastically, making them laugh. Luis rolled his eyes at her as he walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips when they heard Em's voice.

"You guys are lucky that I'm still here!" Em said as she stood in front of the group with her hands on her hips with Nadia at her side. Everyone looked at her with confusion as Nadia walked over to Grayson. "She would literally not shut up the entire game! I was ready to knock her our or leave the rink, I'm so serious!"

Kenzie laughed as she walked over to her cousin and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, "I wish you would have knocked her out."

"Ugh, I should have," Em said as she rolled her eyes. "All she did was talk about how good Nate looks when he plays and how she needs to get her nails done."

"She really doesn't sound like your kinda person," Charlie said with a laugh as Em walked over to give him a hug.

Kenzie turned around and saw Lola and Nate still talking by the exist. She twirled her blonde hair between her fingers as they spoke closely to each other. She leaned in and kiss him before snapping her head in their direction. She glared at Kenzie before pulling Nate out of the rink.

"What was the reason for that?" Charlie asked with a face full of disgust as he held Em in his arms.

"Seriously!" Luis said as he walked over to Kenzie and pulled her into his arms. "What's her problem?"

"Me, duh," She said looking up at Luis. He laughed at her and raised his eyebrows at her sarcasm before placing his lips on hers.

"Do you think they're going back to our house?" Grayson asked Kenzie as she placed her head on Luis' chest. She sighed deeply and nodded her head.

"Defineltly," She said. "And that's why all of us are going back to our house to hang out."

"Oh, are we now?" Grayson questioned with a smirk, making Kenzie nod her head in excitement.

"I mean it is mischief night after all," She said with a innocent smile. "Why not piss off the lovely lovebirds at the house?"

"I'm so down for that!" Em said dramatically as she let go of Charlie to high five her cousin.

"Count us in!" Connie said with a smile as she pulled Guy closer to her side. "I say we pull a prank on them! Something scary!"

"We can prank them with that weird mask Grayson has!" Nadia said with excitement as she clapped her hands together. "The one you wore to the freshman year Halloween dance!"

"Ew! That mask is so creepy!" Kenzie said as she visibly cringed. "I make my mom hide it in the garage. They'll never even know we're home!"

"Well let's go!" Adam said with excitement as the group of teens starting exiting the rink. "We have a toxic couple to scare!"

***

Kenzie, Luis, Connie, Nadia, Guy, Adam, Charlie, and Em all stood in a circle as Grayson attempted to pull the weird zombie looking mask over his head.

"Did your head grow or something? This fit you two years ago!" Nadia whispered as she helped him pull it down finally. He let out a breath of relief.

"No, he just has a big head. Always has, always will," Kenzie teased in a hushed tone, making Grayson groan in annoyance.

"Shut up, Kenz," He whispered to her. "We have business to take care of."

Kenzie rolled her eyes at her twin before the group quietly and slowly exited the garage. They opened the door that lead into the house slowly. Kenzie peaked her head in and when she saw no one in the kitchen, she gestured them in.

They tip toed through the kitchen and the dining room and then toward the living room where no one else was. Kenzie quietly made her way toward the hallway that lead to the upstairs. She quietly walked up the stairs and heard the soft music coming from Nate's room.

"They're up there," She said with a smirk as she came back into the living room. "He has music on! Ya know what that means!"

All of them cringed and some even gagged at the thought of what could possibly be happening in the room. Kenzie shushed all of them and set up her phone is a secret location in the living room.

"Make a loud sound and then hide in the kitchen," She explained to Gray as he nodded along. "We'll hide in the family room."

Grayson nodded again as he quietly made his way to the kitchen. The rather large group of teens quickly and quietly made their way toward the family room. All of them hid up against the wall as they quietly laughed to themselves.

Seconds later, they heard the sound of something crashing in the kitchen. The sound made them laugh again and they were forced to cover their mouths, hoping sound didn't get through. They heard the music shut off and then the sound of a door slowly creaking open.

"Hello?" They heard Nate's voice call out, making them all giggle to themselves. They heard the soft sounds of his foot steps coming down the steps. Kenzie peaked her head around the corner and saw him slowly making his way toward the kitchen.

All of a sudden, Grayson jumped out and yelled. Nate screamed in horror and ran toward the family room where he was met with the large group of teens, making him scream again.

The whole group burst into laughter and Grayson pulled off his mask, revealing his laughing too. Nate groaned and rolled his eyes at the group.

"You guys are so childish!" He yelled but that didn't stop the laughter. He started to stomp back up the stairs. "Screw you guys!"

"God his face was priceless!" Guy said as the group walked into the kitchen, all of them still laughing.

"I didn't know Nate's voice could go so high!" Luis said as he took a seat at the table, Kenzie doing the same. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as an envelope with her name on it caught her eye. She picked it up and opened it, her eyes went wide as they reach the paper inside.

Round Two, Kenzie?

god jacob elordi is so hot