(26) the truth

"nothing could ever change my feelings for you, my love"

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

Kenzie had been gone for an hour and the rest of her friends at her house were confused on why Kenzie left with Mikey, Nadia, and Brooklyn in such a rush. The six teenagers sat in the living room as they tried to figure out why the trio showed up so early this morning and Kenzie was so on edge.

"I know the whole Ryan thing hasn't been that bad," Grayson spoke up. "He doesn't talk to her in school and barely even looks at her. I doubt he is even trying to contact her."

"Kenzie got a phone call yesterday," Em said. "She went outside to answer and she looked angry while she was speaking. Then we come home and Ryan is here. That sounds like he was the one who called."

"I mean it makes sense," Nate replied with a shrug. "Ryan is known for following Kenzie around. He transferred to our school and went to the same exact party as us, that screams stalker."

"But wouldn't you think she would have said something?" Luis asked, feeling hurt that maybe Kenzie wasn't talking about what Ryan was doing to her. "Especially to me."

"Luis, don't take it personal she didn't say anything," Grayson said. "Kenzie is one of those people who think she can take care of all of her problems on her own. She hates letting people she cares about get involved in her drama."

"I think Ryan has something bigger against Kenzie," Connie spoke up, her eyes focused on her lap. "I think it's something different than her just breaking up with him for Luis."

"What do you mean?" Nate asked as he sat down beside Connie on the couch.

"Oh!" Julie said as she pointed at Connie, understanding what she meant. "What he said to her last night."

"What did he say to her?" Grayson asked with a stern voice as he walked toward Connie.

"He said you better tell Luis now or I'll have to," Connie said. Julie, Luis, and Em looked confused as they tried to figure out what those words meant but Grayson and Nate stood there with horrified expressions. They both knew what he was talking about.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Grayson said with anger as he ran his fingers through his hair. "That's where she is! She probably went to Olivia."

Nate nodded his head in agreement, "Or maybe even someone he knows. Could be trying to get information."

"Wow, wow, wow," Luis said as he stood before the two boys. "What the hell is going on."

With his words, Kenzie walked through the front door. This time she was all by herself. She walked into the living room and everyone noticed how disgusted and upset she looked. Her friends rushed to her the second they saw her.

"Kenzie what's happening?" Grayson asked his sister with concern. She looked up at her brother and shook her head, she still couldn't believe what had happened.

"Ryan's father raped Madi Martin," She spoke with tears falling from her eyes. She felt awful for the girl and she was willing to do anything to help her get justice for what had happened to her.

"What?"

Grayson and Nate looked just as horrified as she was. Everyone else looked equally disgusted but extremely confused. She took a deep, shaky breath.

"She said they were partying at Ryan's," She started to explain. "Then his parent showed up and they even started drinking with them. She got up to use the bathroom and he followed her. He locked her in there and I can't even say the rest of what happened."

The entire group looked disgusted and absolutely horrified. She shook her head again as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. She knew Ryan's parents were shady and really weird, she had always known that, but she never expected something as crazy and horrible as this to happen.

"That's disgusting," Em said as she walked closer to her cousin. "Did you know her?"

"Yeah," Kenzie said as she nodded her head. "We weren't friends but we had to hang together because our boyfriends were friends. She told me she wanted to talk to me because she knew I thought Ryan's parents were weird. She knew I would be willing to help."

"Is she going to go to the police?" Connie asked her.

"Yeah," She said. "She's going to file a report."

Everyone nodded and the room went quiet. Grayson and Nate were waiting for the right moment to talk to her about what was happening and everyone else was waiting to know what the hell was going on.

"You have to tell them," Grayson said to Kenzie. She froze, she knew exactly what he was talking about. She knew she did but that didn't mean she wanted to.

"Before he does," Nate added in as he placed a hand on Kenzie's right shoulder. She smiled softly and nodded. She took a deep breath before sitting down on the couch, her friends gathering around her.

"I hate showing my emotions because people used to judge me for feeling the way I did," Kenzie started to explain. "Between my dad leaving and the kids at school being awful to me, I couldn't take it. It was so bad to the point where I didn't even want to be here anymore."

She let out a shaky breath as tears fell down her face. Everyone was by her side as she told the story she never wanted to.

"People I even considered friends made me feel like shit," She continued. "Ryan's friends too and he never did anything about it. I felt so unloved that I tried. I tried to leave forever. My mom found me and thankfully she got to me before it was too late. I felt so weak."

Kenzie let out a sob, not even caring that people were watching her cry or that they were listening to the story of how her life almost ended. She hated that she was ever that low, she hated that she was that weak at one point.

Luis hated that she was treated so awfully. He knew how amazing of a person she was and that's why he liked her so much. Luis knew she was anything but weak and wished he could make her feel the way she really should feel about herself.

"I understand if it freaks you out or makes you change your feelings for me," She said as she looked up at Luis. He shook his head as he bent down in front of her. He kissed her passionately before wrapping his arms around her.

"Please never do it again," He whispered to her.

"You don't feel any different about me?" She whispered back as she held onto him tightly.

"Nothing could ever change my feelings for you, my love."

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE THE DESCRIPTION!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!