(46) four missing people

"yeah and now we have four missing people"

"What?"

Kenzie was in shock from the news she had just heard. She left for not even a half hour and suddenly her boyfriend and her twin were missing. Nadia came running up to the group out of breath with a worried look.

"I looked everywhere," She said as she threw her hands up dramatically. "I have no idea where they are."

With Nate's dad still being out there and their suspicions about Lola, the entire group was nervous. It was weird for Kenzie's, the main person being targeted next to Nate, boyfriend and brother to randomly go missing.

"Did you check outside?" Em asked and Nadia nodded her head. Kenzie's heart dropped when she realized they were really gone.

"They wouldn't just leave without or without telling us," Kenzie said, making everyone nod in agreement. Connie then walked into the hallway and sighed in relief when she saw her friends.

"Turns out Lola and Nate are gone too," Connie said making everyone gasp. "None of them will answers their phones."

"So we were right," Charlie said with wide eyes. "Lola is apart of this too."

"Yean and now we have four missing people," Kenzie said as she shook her head. "Oh my god."

Aiden looked absoulety lost as the group of kids talked about the crazy and messed up situation they were all in. Kenzie felt bad that she was dragging a boy she had just met, also the boy who saved her pain and embarassment, into her insane life.

"Is everything okay?" Aiden asked with concern. "Do you need help finding them?"

"Oh, no that's okay," Kenzie said as she shook her head. "I don't want to pull you into this crazy drama."

He let out a little laugh as he nodded his head, "Okay, I won't ask any questions. I'll keep an eye out for them and I'll let you know if they come back."

Kenzie nodded as she pulled her phone out and handed it to him, "Here, give me your number."

He smiled as he took the phoneand started to type away. After a moment, he handed the phone back and Kenzie texted him letting him know who she was.

"Good luck, Kenzie," Aiden said with a smile before he turned away and started walking toward the living room. Kenzie turned to her friends with a worried expression, her heart beating fast as they all thought of what could have possibly happened.

"Where do you think they could have gone?" Connie asked, makign everyone shrug. Kenzie thought for a moment. She thought of everything that happened with Nate's dad. She gasped and turned to look at Em. They both had the same expression.

"The lake," They said at the same time. Connie, Nadia, and Charlie went wide eyed as Goldberg and Averman looked confused, they didn't know who was pulled out of that lake. Kenzie started hyperventaliating, suddenly realized the three people she loved the mose in life are in serious danger.

"We're going to find them," Charlie said as he placed a hand on Kenzie's shoulder, making her nod. She turned to Goldberg and Averman.

"You guys go have fun and don't tell people where we're going. The less people that know, the better," Kenzie said, making Goldie and Averman nod before they walked away. Kenzie turned back to Em, Charlie, Nadia, and Connie. "Let's go save them."

***

Now that the sun was down, the air was cold. Kenzie shivered in the back seat of Charlie's car as she held her arms tightly to her chest. Her shivering wasn't just from the cold air seeping through the windows, it was also from pure fear.

She was terrfifed that she was too late. She was scared that something had happened to them already. They were the three most important people to her. She needed to save them, there was no other option.

Charlie parked the car in the same parking lot Luis parked in when he brought her here for their date. Her heart dropped at the thought of the perfect date they had that night. She just wanted him back even though it was only a few hours.

"They're going to be okay," Charlie said from the driver's seat. Kenzie nodded, her nerves taking over her whole body. She wanted to believe so badly that everyone was okay but she couldn't help but worry. No one knew what Nate's dad was capable of.

The five teens slowly made their way out of the car, trying their hardest to stay quiet. If anyone was there the group didn't want to inform them of their arrival. Kenzie took a deep breath as she stared at the dark path that lead into the woods. The same path she went down with her brother to meet Luis, the same path she went down when she discovered her ex-boyfriend was murdered.

She shivered at the thought of it. She knew how awful of a human being he was and she hated him with everything in her but he was killed. He was killed by the same guy that could potentionally have her brother, best friend, and boyfriend.

The group stayed close together as they stepped onto the dark trail. Charlie had his arm wrapped around Em as they walked in front of the three girls who were huddled behind them. They walked quietly and it was hard to see considering how late it was.

The only thing that could be heard was their light breathing, the sound of the rushing water coming from the lake, and the wind rustling though the trees. The silence was eeire yet they were even more afraid to make a sound.

Kenzie knew they were getting closer by the sound of the water and the amount of times she had visited this lake. She let out a shaky breath, hoping they were there and safe. She knew that wasn't the case. She knew if they were there and safe then she was the one in danger but she also knew there was a big chance they were in serious trouble.

They had reached the end of the trail, the smell of the merky lake filling their nostrils. Kenzie shivered as the cold air blew through her, holding onto Nadia's arm a little tighter. She squinted her eyes and looked through the darkness the best she could.

Her breathing nearly stopped when she heard the audible groan and it did stop when she saw the outline of a body propped up against a tree near the water.

currently in photography so i'm writing !!