(15) what the hell?

"you have got to be kidding me"

"Hi, Kenz," Luis said as she got into the passenger seat while Gray and Nate got into the back. Kenzie smiled as she leaned over and kissed his cheek. Luis had officially replaced Ryan as their driver to school and home and as Kenzie's boyfriend. Kinda

"Do we have to watch you guys make out every single time we get in the car," Nate groaned from the back seat which made the three others laugh.

"If you liked someone, you would understand," Kenzie said as she playfully rolled her eyes. "We need to set you up with someone."

"Relationships and feelings aren't really my thing," Nate said as he shrugged.

"You can't say that forever, Nate," Grayson said as he lightly punched his arm. "You have to eventually have a girlfriend."

"Nate's never had a girlfriend?" Luis asked from the driver's seat which made Nate let out a groan of annoyance.

"He's never had one," Grayson whispered to Luis even though Nate could still hear it considering he slapped Grayson on the arm.

"It's embarrassing," Nate said as he leaned his head against the window. "Even Gray had a girlfriend before."

"Yeah but she sucked," Kenzie said as she cringed, remembering Grayson's awful ex girlfriend from freshman year. "But it's all about finding the right person. I have only been in one relationship, you don't have to have a bunch of them."

"I know I wish I at leased had one," Nate said with a sigh. "Besides, Ryan was definitely not the right person you hypocrite!"

Kenzie laughed loudly as she shook her head at him, "He wasn't the right person but I'm pretty sure I found the right person eventually."

"And who may that be?" Luis asked as he leaned over and grabbed her hand. She smiled and rolled her eyes at him for being so oblivious.

"You, dummy," She said as she brought his hand up to her lips, placing a soft kiss on his knuckles.

"You turned Kenzie into a softie, Luis," Grayson laughed from the back seat. Kenzie rolled her eyes before flipping him off.

"It's a good thing, Kenz," Nate said with a smile. "You're opening up more and I can tell you're trying."

Kenzie couldn't help the smile that was plastered on her face. Nate was proud of her for being so strong and doing something so out of her comfort zone and she realized that.

"I love you, Nate," She said with a pout as she reached back and grabbed his hand, squeezing it a little.

"I love you, too Kenz," He said as he laughed at her reaction. Luis pulled into his normal spot in the school's parking lot, causing Nate and Kenzie to pull their hands apart.

Kenzie grabbed her school bag before opening the door and stepping out of the car. She adjusted her skirt slightly before slinging her bag over her shoulder. Luis grabbed her hand as the four teenagers began walking through the parking lot.

Some of the ducks were outside of the main entrance, sitting on the stairs as they talked to each other. Connie and Guy were talking amongst themselves as they held each other,  Averman and Goldberg were messing around, and Charlie sat on the step looking absolutely miserable.

"I feel so bad for Charlie," Kenzie whispered to Luis before they were close enough for their friends to hear them. Luis sighed with a nod.

"Me too," Luis admitted to her. "I have never seen Charlie act this way before."

Kenzie shook her head as she pulled Luis over into the direction of Charlie. He was staring down at his shoes with his head in his hands. Kenzie sighed as she took a seat next to him, pulling Luis down with her.

"Hi, Charlie," She said in a soft voice, causing him to look up. Kenzie's heart ached at the sight of him. His eyes were puffy and slightly swollen.  His under eye bags were extremely dark. He looked so sad and it hurt Kenzie to see him like that.

"Hey," He said as he pulled Kenzie into a side hug, shaking Luis' hand as soon as they let go.

"Did you talk to her yesterday?" Kenzie asked with caution. "Or did you ignore her like you wanted to."

"I was going to ignore her but she was standing outside the locker room when I came out," He explained while Kenzie and Luis nodded along, following his story. "I didn't want to speak with her. Everything she said was such a lie. She doesn't care about me or my feelings. If she did she never would have cheated on me."

"I know," Kenzie said nodding her head. "She's going to make up excuses for her inexcusable behavior. She got caught and now she feels guilty about it. The best thing for you to do is not let her get to you. Show her how much better you're doing without her even if you are still hurting and healing."

"Wow, Kenz," Luis said with a smile. "You give really good advice."

"Even though she hardly shows it," Grayson said as he joined in on the conversation. "She has a really big heart."

"Aw guys! You're making me blush," She said sarcastically, making the others laugh. Charlie stood up from the steps, Luis and Kenzie following him.

"You guys coming with me to my locker?" Kenzie asked the four boys.

"Averman asked me and Nate to go find Adam and Julie," Grayson said. "Averman and Goldie think they're hooking up and want us to see if they are together."

Kenzie squealed as she clapped her hands together, "They better be! They would be so cute!"

Grayson and Nate laughed before they left Charlie, Kenzie, and Luis out on the front steps of the school.

"You both coming?" She asked the two boys. Charlie nodded his head and Luis grabbed her hand so she assumed all three of them would be walking to her locker together.

The three of them walked closed together as they roamed the hallways. Eyes were glued on them at every angle. None of them knew if it was because people knew of Linda and Charlie, if people found out about Kenzie's breakdown, or because Luis and Kenzie were holding hands for the first time in the halls after his break up with Mindy.

She sighed as they stopped at her locker. She let go of Luis' hand to put in her locker combination. She grabbed her books for English before shoving her bag into her locker. As she shut her locker and turned her head, she made eye contact with someone.

Not just anyone but with her ex-boyfriend.

Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as she looked over at Luis who's jaw was clenched as he glared over at him. Ryan's blonde hair was the same way it always was. His face was badly beaten, bruises and stitches all over the place. But the thing that stood out the most was the Eden Hall uniform he was wearing.

"What the hell?" The three of them said at the same time, all of their attention focused on Ryan.

He was walking down the hallway next to Riley and another varsity member, Cole. Cole and Riley were talking about something to him but he was barely listening as he held eye contact with her. He smirked a little as he passed the three of them. They walked as the three of them continued down the hallway and turned a corner.

Kenzie glared at the corner they had just turned, "You have got to be kidding me."

double update tn?!😳