(44) halloween night

"you're jealous of portman

"you're jealous of portman. again."

Kenzie was once again completely overwhelmed by the size of the party. Not only was the overflowing crowds of people making her anxious but thinking back to the last time she was at one of Rick Riley's parties made her stomach hurt.

Even though Ryan was gone, she still had to worry about Nate's father and Lola. She knew Lola had to be apart of this somehow. Between the costume and the way she acted, she made it obvious that she wasn't really who she said she was.

Kenzie held onto Luis' hand tightly as the group made their way into the house. The party looked the same with bright different colored flashing lights and the same blaring music. Just that time people were dressed up in costumes.

"This party is insane!" Em whispered to Kenzie as she walked up to her with Charlie. Kenzie smiled and nodded her head.

"All the parties are like this," She whispered back, making Em's eyes go wide. Kenzie laughed at her reaction before turning to Luis. "Go find the rest of the ducks. I'm going to get drinks with Em."

"Get me one," He said with a wink as he leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips. She smiled as she watched Luis and Charlie walk off into the crowd together. She held out her arm to Em which made Em smile as she linked her arm with her cousin's.

The girls walked into the large kitchen together, instantly finding their way over to the drinks. Kenzie and Em laughed together as they got four beers for them and their boyfriends. As Kenzie turned around to leave, she ran right into someone's chest.

"Mackenzie Palmer," She heard, making her look up. She rolled her eyes when she saw Riley staring down at her with his stupid smirk.

"Richard Riley," She said with a small nod, trying to hold back her laughter. Riley rolled his eyes at the same as Em quietly laughed to herself.

"You enjoying the party?" He asked, his voice soft and his smirk never fading. He inched closer to her face, making her eyebrows furrow.

"I was until I had to speak with you," She whispered back before lifting her leg and stomping her foot down hard on his. He yelled out in pain as he bounced away from her on foot. Everyone in the kitchen laughed as Rick attempted to walk out of the kitchen on one foot.

"He's such an ass," Kenzie said to Em as they began walking out of the kitchen together.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Em said with a laugh. As they successfully made their way out of the crowd outside the kitchen, they both saw a familiar face.

"Portman!" Kenzie yelled, grabbing his attention. His face broke out into a huge smile as he quickly walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. Kenzie and Portman had been getting closer ever since Luis and her started dating. She didn't know why but she didn't mind being friends with Portman, they were practically the same person.

"Where's everyone at?" He asked as he wrapped both his arms around the two girl's shoulders. Kenzie shook his head at him, both of them knowing Luis will say something to him, as they walked into the large crowd of people they left Luis and Charlie.

"Charlie, Luis, Connie, and Grayson are somewhere in this crowd with Grayson's girlfriend," Kenzie explained over the loud music. "I told them to find the rest of the ducks."

Portman nodded instead of screaming over the music as he moved around people, dragging the girls around with him. After bumping into a few people and being shoved, they finally found their group of friends.

Luis and Charlie were talking to Adam, Guy and Dwyane were laughing as they watched Julie and Connie dance with each other, and Grayson stood there with his arms wrapped around Nadia as they talked to Brooklyn and Mikey.

"I'll be right back," She yelled to Portman before running over to the four of them. "Mikey!"

Mikey stumbled back with a laugh as he caught the short girl in his arms, tightly hugging her as he swung her around.

"Looks like someone missed me," He said sarcastically as he put the girl down on her feet. She rolled her eyes as she looked up at him. "It's okay, I missed you too, Mackenzie Rose."

"Actually I think I missed Brook more!" Kenzie teased as she wrapped her arms around Brooklyn as she continued staring at Mikey with a smirk. He gasped at her and pretended as if it hurt him which made Kenzie laugh.

As Kenzie and Brook pulled away from each other, she felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her. She smiled as she looked up at Luis, who instantly kissed her as soon as she did so. She laughed a little as they pulled away.

"Let me guess," She said in a teasing tone as she turned to face him. "You're jealous of Portman. Again."

"What? Ha, no. Never, I'm never jealous," He said laughing nervously. Kenzie laughed at him, knowing he was jealous over Portman having his arm around her.

"Don't worry, it looks cute on you," Kenzie said as she took a huge sip of her drink. Luis rolled his eyes as he finally opened his beer. Kenzie looked around the small crowd of people that consisted of her friends and noticed people missing. "Where's Averman and Goldie?"

"Probably not here yet," Luis said with a shrug as he looked around the house for the iconic duo. "Knowing them two, they're probably arguing over how much Averman can drink."

Kenzie let out a laugh as she nodded her head in agreement, "That's pretty accurate."

"Kenzie!" Em shouted over the music as she made her way over to the couple, dancing around people and holding her drink in the air. Kenzie laughed and shook her head at her cousin.

"I already have to pee!" She yelled again, making the couple laugh at her. "I only had three drinks!"

"Oh my god, we haven't even been here for a half and hour," Kenzie said to Luis, making him laugh and Em pout. Kenzie sighed and nodded her head. "I'll go with you, Em!"

Em smiled before grabbing her arm and pulled her through the crowd. They made their way to the steps, occasionally having to step over passed out drunk people and couples making out. Kenzie slightly shivered at the thought of what happened the last time in Rick Riley's bathroom.

She shook her head and took a long sip from the bottle in her hand. She knew she was safe and okay, Ryan wasn't here to hurt her anymore and Nate's dad is gone for good. She didn't believe the second part but she would rather lie to herself than to live in fear.

The two girls finally made it to the bathroom, the one where Connie and Kenzie once had to face Ryan. Kenzie took a deep breath before opening the door. The girls stopped in their tracks and gasped at the sight they saw.

i'm on vacation rn so i won't be able to update until tmrw sorry for being annoying w the cliff hanger :(

BUT THINGS ARE HAPPENING !!!!!!!!

also when this book is over i'm going to rewrite my other luis fic and make it better so if y'all wanna read that when this is over you can !