(31) what the hell happened tonight?

"where the hell is kenz?"

Luis paced in the hallway in the hospital as he waited for any type of news about how Kenzie was. He was the lucky one out of the two, only walking away with fifteen stiches in his upper arm. Kenzie was the one who was bad.

The thought of her being all bloody and broken on that bathroom floor made his stomach turn. He hated that he couldn't get there in time to save her from everything she had gone through, he wished he would have went in that bathroom sooner.

He ran a hand through his hair as he waited all by himself. He tried calling everyone but he knew they were all partying and by now they had to be completely drunk. He didn't even know how much time went by.

With that thought, he pulled his phone out of his pocket to try and call Grayson again. His phone went straight to voicemails which made his let out a frustrated scream, making most of the nurses and doctors look over at him.

He went and sat down in one of the chairs hoping that he could calm himself down, he knew Kenzie wouldn't want him to be this nervous but he couldn't help it. His breathing hitched when he saw his friends walk through the entrance to the hospital.

It was Em, Charlie, Connie, Liv, and Nate who walked in. The five teenagers were speaking to the lady at the front desk, all of them looking equally horrified. Nate was sobbing at this point and Liv was the one who was trying to comfort him.

Then he saw Kenzie and Grayson's mom, dad, and some other random dude he assumed was their mom's new boyfriend came running in. Their parents were crying as they all stood at the front desk trying to talk to the lady.

Luis stood up from his seat, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He was confused about why everyone was here when he didn't even tell anyone what happened that night.

Em locked eyes with Luis and quickly made his way over to him, throwing his arms around him as soon as she reached him. He could feel her sobbing as he wrapped his arms around her too.

"God, I feel so bad for Kenz," She said as the two of them pulled away from each other.

He looked at her confused, he was so lost. Luis didn't even tell anyone about what happened so how did all of these people know where to find her?

Then Em looked around the hospital confused, "Where the hell is Kenz?"

That's when Luis realized that the two of them were not on the same page and were actually at that hospital for two completely different reasons.

"We're not here for the same reason," Luis said slowly, making Em furrow her eyebrows in confusion. "What the hell happened tonight?"

"We thought you were with them or at least already knew since you guys didn't show up to the after party," Em explained and with her words, he realized something bad must have happened.

"Is it Grayson?" He asked nervously. He watched her bottom lip quiver before she let out a sob. Her hand flew to her mouth, trying to muffle the sobs. Luis didn't know what to do so he pulled her into a tight hug.

"It was a car crash," She explained as she held onto him tightly. "He got the worse of it. He's in a coma and Nadia was responsive but it was still bad. I don't know what to do."

Luis' heart broke at her words. The girl he was falling in love with was brutally attacked and his new best friend, who happens to be her twin brother, was in a coma. He let out a sob that was muffled by Em's shoulder.

"Luis? Em?" They heard which made the two of them pull away and look in the direction of the voice. Kenzie stood there with a confused look but that was not the only thing they noticed. There were stiches going from the middle of her forehead down to underneath her eye. She had small stiches on her bottom lip and her right eye was slightly swollen.

Luis didn't hesitate to run over to her and wrap his arms tightly around her. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she felt and heard the sobs that were coming out of his mouth.

"I'm so sorry, Kenz," Luis whispered to her as the two of them pulled away. Instead of answering, she kissed him with so much passion it nearly made him fall over. The two of them were just happy the other was alive and okay.

Her cousin was the next to rush over to her and wrap her arms tightly around her. She was slightly confused about Luis calling everyone to come and see her but she didn't mind.

When the two cousins pulled away Em asked her a question, "What the hell happened to you?"

Kenzie looked at her with furrowed brows and a look of pure confusion. She thought Luis had told everyone what happened with Ryan and Madi that night and she was confused on why they were there if no one knew what happened.

"Luis didn't tell you?" She asked as she watched Em shake her head. "Then why are you here?"

She watched Em's face go pale as she glanced over at Luis. Kenzie stared at the two of them confused, she had no idea what happened but she could tell by the looks on their faces that it was bad.

Em burst into tears as she threw her arms around Kenzie in a tight hug. She watched over her shoulder as all of her friends and her parents watched the scene with confused look. She scanned over the crowd and noticed two people were missing. She felt her heart drop when she realized her brother and his homecoming date weren't amongst the crowd of people.

She put two and two together and made the guess something bad happened to her twin brother and her friend but she wasn't sure what. As she held onto her cousin she thought of every possible thing that could have happened, each theory making her feel like she was going to throw up.

"What happened to them?" She asked in a quiet tone as the two of them pulled away from each other. She gulped when she watched the few tears fall down her face as she struggled to get out the story.

"Car crash," Em stated. "They were in a car crash."

Kenzie felt like everything stopped. Her breathing, time, her life. It all just stopped when she heard what happened. She couldn't believe that her twin brother and one of her closest friends could be gone.

"Please tell me they're alive," Kenzie whispered as she felt the tears fall from her eyes. She held her breath and waited for the answer that would change her life forever.

"They are, both of them," Em said which made Kenzie let out a breath of relief. "Nadia isn't that bad, she's being treated right now, but Grayson got the worse of it. He's in a coma as of right now but he is alive."

Kenzie felt like her world had just shattered right in front of her. She didn't know what to do. She let out a sob, that was followed by many more. She felt Luis pull her closely to his body as she sobbed into his chest.

She needed Grayson to survive, she didn't know what she'd do without him.