(30) after party hospital trips

"said you guys are always fighting like an old married couple"

"I brought the alcohol!" Averman shouted with excitement as he entered the Palmer household. Everyone was already there, except for Kenzie, Luis, Grayson, and Nadia. Em smiled brightly as she jogged over to Averman to help.

"Here, let me help," She said as she grabbed a pack of beer from the top of his huge stack he was carrying. She let out a small laugh as she brought the pack to the kitchen with Averman following close behind.

"Goldberg, you cannot boss me around tonight," Averman said to Goldberg, who Em didn't notice follow them into the kitchen. "You are not telling me how much I can drink because I am getting so drunk tonight!"

"Well then you're not sleeping over," Goldberg said as he pointed at Averman before turning his attention toward Em. "He throws up every time he goes to a party. You should have seen him after the last party we went to!"

Em let out a laugh, shaking her head as she grabbed a beer from the pack, "Kenzie told me about you two. Said you guys are always fighting like an old married couple."

Goldie scoffed as he grabbed a beer, "We do not! I just don't want my bathroom reeking of throw up!"

"I threw up once at your house," Averman said as he held up one finger to him. "Last party I got sick in the McDonald's drive through. At least I didn't get sick in your car!"

Goldberg rolled his eyes as Em laughed at the two loudly. Kenzie was very spot on with these two, they were probably the funniest people she's ever met. As she engaged in a conversation with Connie, who had just came to grab herself a drink, she felt someone's arm wrap around her waist.

She smiled happily, knowing it was her homecoming date. She turned to face Charlie, smiling up at him.

"Are the twins and Luis here yet?" Charlie asked as he reached over Em and Connie to grab a drink. "I haven't seen them."

"Nope," Em said as she took a huge sip from her beer. "They aren't here yet. They're probably having some fun. I mean Kenzie and Luis are practically in love and Grayson has been asking me advice on Nadia since we were freshmans."

Charlie cringed a little before laughing at her, "Why don't we have some fun too?"

She laughed a little, her cheeks turning red. She knew he was kidding by the tone of his voice but at the same time she wished he wasn't. The two of them turned to talk to Connie and Adam as Charlie had his arms wrapped around Em.

The four of them talked and drank together, laughing and having a good time. Em turned her head toward the living room to see Nate and Liv together on the couch. At first she didn't notice anything wrong but then she saw the look on Nate's face and she suddenly felt sick. She tapped Charlie on the arm before turning to him.

"I'll be right back," She said as she kissed his cheek before walking over toward the living room. Nate looked up at her when he realized she was standing before him.

"What's wrong, Nate?" Em asked as she took a seat next to him. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"You might think I'm overreacting," He began. "But I just have a bad feeling."

"About what?" She asked as she leaned closer to him.

"I don't know," He said with a shrug. "I just feel like something bad is going to happen."

Em felt her phone vibrate in the dress of her pocket. She pulled it out and instantly furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at her aunt's name. She stood up from the couch and walked over to the corner of the living room to hear better.

"Hello?" She asked into the phone. Nate and Liv watched as Em's facial expression turned from confused to absolute horror. She listened closely as tears streamed down her face. She quickly said goodbye before rushing back over to Liv and Nate.

"We have to get to the hospital, now!"

***

"Get up, you wimp!" Madi screamed at Ryan who was still laying on the floor of the Eden Hall bathroom. There was blood and glass everywhere which meant the two teens had to get out of there before anyone caught them.

He groaned as he slowly sat up, "Do you not realize that I just got my ass handed to me?"

She rolled her eyes as she yanked him by the arm, causing him to fly up as he groaned the whole way.

"We have bigger things to worry about besides how shitty we feel!" Madi yelled at him, making him realize what she was talking about.

"He's gonna kill us," Ryan said as he started panicking. "Oh my god, we're dead! He's going to kiss us!"

"Keep your voice down," Madi scolded in a whisper. "Someone could hear you!"

"He told us we had one job," He whispered back, holding up one finger in her face. "He told us to get rid of Kenzie and we couldn't even do that!"

She quickly slapped his finger away, "Oh, shut up! We still have time."

"But how are we even going to find-"

"They're going to the hospital," Madi stated. "Kenzie is going to nee stitches on her face and Luis will need them in his arm. He's going to take her to the hospital."

"You're right," He said with a nod. She rolled her eyes at him when his phone started ringing in his pocket. The two of them looked at each other terrified, both of them knowing who it was.

"Pick it up, idiot!" She said as she slapped his arm. "Pick it up before he gets mad."

Ryan quickly pulled the phone out of his pocket and put the phone on speaker, "Hello?"

His voice came out shaky and scared which made Madi hit her forehead with her palm in frustration. She knew they couldn't show fear because then he would know they didn't go through with the plan.

"Is it done?" The deep voice asked through the phone making both of them shiver.

"Yes," Madi lied before Ryan could speak up and ruin it for them.

"Good, the deal is almost done."