(13) ryan

"i just couldn't control it"

"Hi, Kenz," Kenzie heard as they entered the bathroom. She instantly knew the voice even if she was too drunk. She felt panic rise in her chest and she didn't know what to do. She turned to Connie, who was standing next to her glaring at the doorway.

"What do you want, Ryan?" She asked through gritted teeth as she turned to face him. Ryan had a black eye along with stitches on his bottom lip. She smiled at the sight, knowing her brother was the one who did it to him.

"I'm here to meet the new boy you replaced me with," He said as he leaned against the doorway. "You know, the one who you cheated on me with."

"I never cheated!" Kenzie yelled causing Connie to jump slightly and Ryan to laugh at her. Kenzie was too drunk to even be useful in this situation. Even though she was fighting back and sticking up for herself, she could barely stand up straight. Connie knew that she had to keep Kenzie out of trouble and out of harm's way.

"How did you even manage to get invited?" Connie asked with an attitude. "This party is for kids who attend the school."

Connie didn't like the smirk on his face so she placed herself in front of Kenzie. She would never be able to live with herself if something happened to her because of her ex while she was drunk and being watched by her.

"I have friends here," He replied with a shrug. "They asked me if I wanted to come."

"Bullshit!" Kenzie yelled at the top of her lungs. "You're only friends were me, Grayson, and Nate. You don't have any friends here! You just came here to ruin my night!"

Even though Kenzie was always one to stick up for herself and others, she had never been so angry. Ryan was even surprised at her outburst. Her face was red with anger as she took short quick breaths.

"Do you even understand how this feels?" He asked her, pointing at himself. "You got the chance to go to a better hockey team and I was so proud of you. Then the minute you get here, you leave your boyfriend of two years for someone you barely even know!"

"Luis treats me better than you do!" She screamed as she pointed at him, Connie slightly holding her back. "We were only together because that's all we knew! It was always us for years. It wasn't even love anymore! We only were together because we were both too scared to admit to ourselves and each other that things changed."

Ryan looked almost hurt at her words. He even felt tears blurring his vision as he stood there in the doorway staring at his ex-girlfriend.

"It wasn't my fault that you don't know how to show emotions!" He suddenly yelled. "I showed you love, I cared about you! You were always too afraid to show anyone how you felt because you were scared they would leave you just like your dad did!"

His words hurt and she knew he could tell by the look on her face. She thought maybe he would feel bad but all he did was smirk at her. She didn't know what to say so instead she smacked him hard across his face.