9. Track 20

June 5, 2015 - Cardiff 

~ALAINA'S P.O.V~

It took me a few minutes to pull myself together and process everything. I was nicely escorted through the back stage area by Paul into a small area in between the stage and crowd. I looked around to the the fans, over 55,000 of them. I could see girls pressed all the way up against the barrier.  I saw so many signs up in the air including. 

Niall, I love you more than PIZZA!

Take a CHONCE on me

The only direction is down the aisle. 

Some of these were pretty clever. It made me happy to see fans wanting to reach out and interact with the boys. 

As I waited patiently I spotted a group of women walking my way. I introduced myself as Niall's sister, and I was thankfully not asked to elaborate. I met, Anne, Robin and Gemma who were Harry's family and let me tell you these women were beautiful! I met Ruth, Nicola and Karen Payne and they seemed super excited to see Liam perform. And of course Lou was there with Lux who was rocking some pink headphones. I also got to meet Lottie, Louis sister who is also the make-up artist. 

The lights dimmed causing the whole stadium to go dark and the entire crowd to scream. The video screens by the stage lit up with a video of the boys playing. Red, blue and yellow flashed on the screen, little clips of each of the boys played along with it. 

(I linked the video above! It made me so sad to have to find the one without zayn) 

I see the four boys walking out as they sing Clouds. 

I had been to a few concerts before in my life but honestly nothing was ever like this

I had been to a few concerts before in my life but honestly nothing was ever like this. It was a weird mix of a very intense thought-out professional show and four guys goofing around on stage. The band, the stage, the lighting everything was so perfectly synced and planned, but the boys performing was just on another level. One minute its a beautiful song and they are singing perfectly and then the next Louis and Liam are throwing water at each other.  

The hardest part of the entire entire night was having to count the songs in my head. I was waiting for track 20... still having no idea what it was. 

5- Midnight Memories 

9- Ready to Run 

12- Little Things- which by the way I definitely cried watching because it took me back to the night with Courtney where I first watched Niall play it. Seeing it in person was just on another level! 

15- No Control 

18- What Makes You Beautiful 

19-Through The Dark

As the boys prepare for the 20th song Liam gets on the mic and says, "Alright, this one... This one right here is my personal favorite." My cheeks flush as he says this. "You'll hear us do these really fast claps like this" he claps a few times. "You have to join in, every single one of you. Even the dads."