Chapter 1: First Arrival at Yun Cheng

At the end of August, the sun hung overhead and a heatwave boiled on the little town.

On the second floor of the town center's health institute, a girl leaned against a slightly shabby door lazily. She wore a simple black-and-white shirt and her collar crooked when she lowered her head.

Her two sleeves were folded up in an unruly manner.

She wore a pair of low-rise jeans below. It was a little old and exposed her thin and delicate waist due to her movements.

Her appearance was simply eye-catching.

When the nurse saw a man pass by the girl for the third time, she handed the girl a lollipop and snorted towards the ward. "Ran Ran, are your parents here?"

Qin Ran lowered her head to tear into the sugar coating. Her long eyelashes drooped slightly and she only squinted her eyes in reply when it was in her mouth. "Probably."

The nurse snorted. "I couldn't tell."

She then hurried away with the medical record.

Inside the ward were Qin Ran's biological parents, Ning Qing and Qin Hanqiu.

The two had already divorced more than a decade ago. Qin Ran had always followed her grandmother, who had fallen ill and had to transfer hospitals. Thus, Ning Qing and Qin Hanqiu had returned.

Qin Ran leaned against the wall, one leg curled slightly as she listened expressionlessly.

Through the door, Ning Qing's indifferent voice could be heard. "Qin Hanqiu, my mother is in serious condition. I will take her to Yun Cheng for treatment."

Qin Hanqiu looked at her with a complicated expression, seemingly mocking her. "Ran Ran dropped out of school and no school in Ninghai Town has accepted her. You can take her to the Lin family. They have connections and will definitely find a good school for her."

"I've already brought Yu'er into the Lin family, yet you want me to bring another child in? What will the Lin family think of me?" Ning Qing was a little annoyed with his endless pestering. Which school would easily accept a student like Qin Ran?

Speaking of this, Qin Hanqiu was clearly resentful. "I wanted to take Yu'er with me back then. You're pushing Ran Ran to me just because you don't want her?"

They had two daughters. Qin Ran and Qin Yu were only one year apart, but they were worlds apart in other areas.

They had fought relentlessly for Qin Yu's custody when they filed for divorce. In the end, Qin Yu wanted to follow her mother and the case was finally closed.

At that time, no one wanted Qin Ran. The two evaded her custody and didn't care about her in the end.

Grandmother Chen Shulan had taken pity on Qin Ran. Thus, she raised her alone for twelve years.

In the ward, Ning Qing looked at the mocking face of Qin Hanqiu and suppressed her anger. Compared to Qin Yu, who wanted to take in a daughter who only fought? Furthermore, she would have to take her into a prestigious family, and Ning Qing was reluctant at having to be mocked at.

Qin Hanqiu had been abducted into their town when he was a kid. Chen Shulan fancied Qin Hanqiu as a poor boy. But after being married for a few years, Ning Qing couldn't stand Qin Hanqiu's lack of ambitions. Besides hard labor, he could only work on construction sites. Ning Qing might as well divorce him.

After their divorce, Ning Qing brought Qin Yu along in her marriage to a rich man in Yun Cheng.

Qin Hanqiu also quickly remarried. He had a son with his current wife and led a prosperous life.