Chapter 28: Code Name Q

Feng Ci graduated from First Middle School. Back in the days, Principal Xu had taught them Mathematics and even held private enrichment classes for him when he was participating in Mathematics competitions. He could somewhat be considered Principal Xu's disciple.

He hadn't put much thought into it, and only until he started up his own firm in the capital city did he realize how this "status" really came in handy.

He slowly learned more about Principal Xu's status and identity as well.

There was only one family in the whole of the capital city that could have Principal Xu address as Young Master Lu.

As for this Master Juan...

Feng Ci did not know much about him. Although he was a relatively big shot in his own city, the capital city was full of people from the high society, and he was nowhere close to that league. Even with Principal Xu's name, he could only get access to general information such as finding out who were the people he couldn't afford to offend.

Feng Ci looked away.

Cheng Juan was leaning against the doorframe and had his eyes on the computer screen. His expression was unreadable.

About a minute later, he looked up and said firmly, "Not too sure, there haven't been any suspicious parties yet."

Based on Lu Zhaoying's understanding of Cheng Juan, he'd probably been able to go through the entire mental list of people he knew in that one minute.

"Then that's too bad." Lu Zhaoying felt it was a pity. He turned to the computer screen, churned out some data and sent it out to the relevant parties.

Seeing that they seemed to have unfinished business to discuss, Feng Ci politely excused himself.

Lu Zhaoying leaned back in his seat and smiled as he fiddled with his ear stud. "Hold up, we are about to leave too. Let's exchange our Wechat account details."

Feng Ci wasn't expecting these Young Masters to be so friendly.

The three of them walked downstairs together and Cheng Juan led the way with both hands in his pockets. The sun had not set completely, and it cast long shadows of the school buildings.

He walked slowly and quietly, without the youthfulness of the First Middle School students. But judging by the girls who only dared steal glances at him but not approach him directly, one could tell that the pride that ran deep in his veins was unmistakable.

Lu Zhaoying was consistently about half a step behind Cheng Juan as he spoke to Feng Ci.

Not too far away, Lin Siran and Pan Mingyue were going to the Dean's office together to get some scripts.

Lu Zhaoying knew Lin Siran as an acquaintance; he'd seen her a few times at club activities.

"Schoolmate Lin, where's your deskmate?" Lu Zhaoying called out to her. He then caught sight of Pan Mingyue and smiled. "Hey, do you always make friends based on looks?"

Lin Siran and Qin Ran had bumped into Lu Zhaoying a few times. He'd even bought them milk tea before.

"She's busy." Lin Siran responded with the scripts held tightly in her hands.

Cheng Juan hesitated for a while before nodding slightly towards Lin Siran and then taking his leave.

Feng Ci was walking towards the school's main gate. Seeing the two Young Masters taking interest in speaking to a girl, he wondered who she was. He walked over.

Lin Siran was a little uncomfortable. She quietly said, "Mingyue, let's get going..."

"Why have you moved into the dormitory to stay on campus?" A low voice stopped her mid-sentence.