Chapter 34: Elder Xu's Successor

Behind her, Qin Yu stood at a loss beside Lin Wan.

Lin Wan's face looked inexplicable, and she asked, "Yu'er, is this your sister?"

"Yeah, I didn't expect my sister to be here..." Qin Yu blinked and sighed.

Inside the bubble tea shop, Qin Ran didn't even look up. She took a new teacup and said directly, "Don't disturb me at work."

At the mention of this, Ning Qing folded her arms tighter.

"Work? What are you working for? Have I treated you badly?" Ning Qing's turned pale, but at the thought that Lin Wan was still outside, she swallowed her saliva and suppressed her anger. "I've arranged tuition for you, yet you didn't go. In the end, you're working part-time here. Qin Ran, who are you showing off to? Have I neglected you?!

"With your grades, even Zi High School might not want you. Now that you're in First Middle School, why can't you just study properly?!

"Tidy up your things and go to tuition with me," Ning Qing said, and when Qin Ran ignored her, she turned to another part-timer and said indiscriminately, "Where is your boss, let him come over."

Her tone was arrogant and high.

The other part-timer had never seen this happen before.

She looked at Ning Qing's branded stuff, and then at Qin Ran, who wore her school uniform jacket every day. She was a little awkward but felt like Ning Qing wasn't easy to provoke.

"Qin Ran, just go back with your mother." The part-timer tried to persuade. "It's your mother, after all, she must be doing it for your good..."

"How can there be hatred between mother and daughter."

"My little son can't even attend First Middle School. You're in there but are still so ungrateful." Someone felt sour.

"Children these years have bad grades and don't even attend tuition, then they come to work instead..."

"You're so young and yet such a troublemaker. Sigh, it must be hard on your mother..."

Several onlookers pointed out one by one.

In their traditional view, parents could have no fault.

The surrounding finger-pointing seemed to give Ning Qing courage. She reached out to pull Qin Ran...

Her hand just reached out.

"Snap—"

A bony joint with a sharp hand knocked her down.

Ning Qing looked up immediately and saw a clean and handsome face. The teenager was fresh and his movements weren't rude. He said calmly, "If you wanted to control her, shouldn't you have done it ten years ago?"

Ning Qing's mind was emptied for a moment.

Wei Zihang didn't plan to just let it go. He bit his cigarette, turned around, and pointed at Ning Qing. "This person got divorced when her daughter was seven years old, and then she married a wealthy man. She refused to bring her daughter back. In twelve years, she never came back once. Do you guys still think she is a mother?"

"But... if I didn't care about her, why would I help her study in First Middle School..."

"Speaking of this, I want to ask more." Wei Zihang looked at Ning Qing and suddenly smiled, but his eyes were cold. "I remember that Principal Xu already let Sister Qin attend First Middle School one year ago. Aunt Ning, I want to ask you, why do you have to make it seem like Sister Qin could only attend school because of your family?"