Chapter 117: Should She Use the Right or Left Hand?

129 hardly welcomed new blood, and even if they did, they only recruited ordinary members. But even an ordinary member could learn a lot in 129 and have access to various resources.

Meanwhile, 129's coverage was practically global. Hence, even an ordinary member had quite a lot of privileges.

129 had recruited a few times before this. After all, every organization needed new blood once in a while. And Chang Ning himself had been doing the sourcing.

But Qin Ran had never taken part in any of it.

She had a special presence in 129—the only one who'd never shown her face, but whose power in the Club was greater than Chang Ning's.

Now that she'd revealed herself, how could Chang Ning let her off?

She'd heard about it when Lu Zhaoying brought it up over dinner, so she didn't find this a surprise.

Xia Fei was still memorizing formulas for her in the adjacent cubicle.

Qin Ran sent a very succinct message in reply—

[I won't.]

The moment she sent that, Chang Ning got a little panicky.

A call came in.

Qin Ran hung up coldly before the first ringtone even sounded.

Chang Ning was very persistent and called over and over.

Qin Ran couldn't stand the notifications coming in. She got up and knocked on the wall between the cubicles.

Xia Fei's official memorizing voice stopped.

Qin Ran opened her cubicle and walked out, receiving Chang Ning's call.

She stuffed the other earbud into her ear and turned on the tap. "Speak."

Qin Ran usually used a voice-changing function to conceal her actual voice, so this was the second time he heard her voice. Her tone was cold, but she sounded young.

Chang Ning, who for the longest time thought that Lone Wolf was a burly man, paused for a while before saying, "You're the star of 129. If we announce that the question for the recruitment this year was set by Lone Wolf, just think of how many secretive people we could attract..."

Chang Ning was sipping coffee as he stood by the window. "Shouldn't we create some news now that you're out of your cave?"

Xia Fei came out of the cubicle too.

Qin Ran washed her hands and turned off the tap. She thought for a bit and decided not to reject him outrightly. "Alright, I'll consider it."

Chang Ning hung up happily.

Xia Fei also washed her hands and then followed behind Qin Ran while memorizing her Chemistry stuff.

Qin Ran felt as if a monk was behind her.

Ah, how annoying.

**

After a very strange night self-revision session, it was finally time to go back to the dormitory.

Lin Siran was walking behind Qin Ran and reading out some English vocabulary.

Qin Ran couldn't help but glance at her cell phone as Lin Siran went on.

"Sister Ran!" Qiao Sheng caught up with her at the stairs.

"Don't look for me if there's nothing. And don't look for me especially if there's something." Qin Ran stuffed her cell phone into her pocket and continued walking.