Chapter 55: Kick the Iron Plate!

Deputy Shen's legs went weak at his words and his palms started sweating.

"Dire- Director Jiang?"

The Chief shook his head and called Officer Li out for a detailed inquiry.

Grandma Xu noticed that something was wrong. She squeezed her hands and stared at Deputy Shen with turbid eyes. "Deputy Shen, I didn't hear clearly just now. Who was the Chief talking about?"

"Director Jiang, Jiang Hui, the one reported daily by Yun Cheng Evening News. You have really done me harm this time!" Deputy Shen wiped his face and stared at her.

Then he immediately chased after the Chief.

He had really kicked the iron plate this time. He had a good relationship with Xu Shen's father and had thought that this was just a small tension between high school students, so he had come to help out.

Who knew that even Jiang Hui was involved. Now, he could barely protect himself.

Ning Qing just called the lawyer.

She had yet to see Xu Shen's injury report, so she just talked about it briefly. If she wanted to settle it privately, she would have to compensate an estimated 800,000 yuan.

This was a small sum of money for the Lin family, but Lin Qi had the details of Ning Qing's card records.

Ning Qing walked inside the police station while pressing her temple.

"Mrs. Ning." The policewoman came forward politely.

Her attitude was so good it was a little strange. Ning Qing looked up. "My daughter..."

"Oh, the Chief is dealing with the matter now." The policewoman took her pen and lowered her head to write down her notes. "Your daughter has already left the police station. As for Xu Shen, we have already sent people to transfer the Ninghai Town's files, and we will also bring people there to question him."

When the section chief politely sent her out, Ning Qing had not fully figured out what was going on.

The Chief was dealing with the matter?

What did this have to do with the Chief?

She didn't even know who the Chief was.

**

The school's medical office had incomplete tools, so Cheng Mu drove the car directly to the hospital.

Cheng Juan had a temporary sterilization box in his car but didn't have other tools, so he could only help her disinfect it and handled it slightly.

The lights in the back seat were on.

It was either because Cheng Mu's driving was stable or because the car was performing well, but the journey was smooth and without any bumps.

Cheng Juan lowered his eyes and wrapped the bandages thinly. He swept disinfected water across her two wounds gently.

Because Qin Ran's skin was too white, the contrast of bright red was even more obvious.

His heart ached and tightened at the sight.

He paused, cleared his throat, and looked up. "You..."

He saw Qin Ran holding the window in her left hand, leaning lazily on the backrest with her head tilted. She was looking out the window, and the light shone a shadow under her dark eyes.

Her eyes were narrowed slightly, and when he looked closely, it seemed absentminded and slightly cynical.

Qin Ran didn't move her hand. She slightly tilted her head and opened her mouth slowly. "What?"