Chapter 38: Lin Jinxuan's Surprise, The Board

"Ah, no." Lu Zhaoying stood up as if a lightbulb lit up in his head. "I think she's like..."

He pondered about it and suddenly thought of someone. "Like my mother, Master Juan!"

Lu Zhaoying guessed and didn't explain anything to Master Juan. He might even fly to Africa to mine in the evening.

He had said she was like his mother casually, of course, but Lu Zhaoying couldn't remember where the specific sense of familiarity came from.

Cheng Juan continued to look at him expressionlessly. His eyes were as thick as ink, but Lu Zhaoying's scalp was about to explode.

He cleaned up the bowls that the three had eaten. "Then... Master Juan, I have to wash the plates?"

Cheng Juan retracted his gaze and nodded.

His emotions couldn't be heard, and Lu Zhaoying sighed a breath of relief in the kitchen. He was still thinking about it, pondering over where the familiarity had come from.

**

The Lin family.

Qin Yu had been practicing the violin these two days, familiarizing herself with the melody.

Lin Wan lived in Beijing. Qin Yu knew what status her aunt's married family had in Beijing. Although the Lin family was considered a wealthy family in Yun Cheng, they weren't worth a mention in Beijing.

Since she had this opportunity, she had to seize it no matter what. Besides attending school, Qin Yu ate quickly and was basically in the violin room the whole day.

Downstairs, Lin Jinxuan came back late today and found Qin Yu absent as he ate.

Ning Qing smiled happily. "Yu'er is practicing in the violin room. I'll bring dinner to her later. She has improved a lot recently."

Lin Jinxuan didn't expect her to work so hard, but he had also heard Lin Wan talk about the teacher in Beijing, so it wasn't too surprising.

After eating, he went to the study on the second floor. The door of the piano room wasn't closed. When he passed by the violin room, he heard a low voice come from inside.

He had heard the violin played by Qin Yu, but had never heard this melody before.

He paused.

Qin Yu put down her violin, looked up, and found Lin Jinxuan standing outside the door. She was a little surprised. "Brother? Why are you back?"

Lin Jinxuan shoved his mobile phone in his pocket, smiled softly, and said with a gentle voice, "Yu'er, your violin has made a lot of progress. Just... use less emotion and practice more."

Lin Jinxuan had played the violin since young.

Because he knew music as well, Lin Jinxuan rarely praised her. At most, he would only nod and say it was "Not bad" if she asked.

This was the first time Lin Jinxuan had praised her.

Qin Yu pursed her lips and then smiled. "Thank you, brother. This is a song I composed myself, but it needs improvement. Could I ask you if you have time?"

"Yourself?" Lin Jinxuan was a little surprised. The song was cold and dark, and the structure was also a little big. It didn't seem to suit Qin Yu.

Qin Yu nodded. "It just needs improvement."

"It needs to be changed. The entire style doesn't suit you. Give me your music notations and I'll take a look." Lin Jinxuan looked at Qin Yu in surprise. "But it's impressive."