Chapter 26

-+*+- Peter -+*+-

Peter landed on his balcony with a muted thump. The stars and moon above him shining on his window. He opened the door and walked into his room, a smile still dancing lazily on his lips.

Images of Mia flashed through his head and he felt a blush creep up his face. He changed out of his suit and into some more comfortable clothes. More thoughts of his patrol went through his mind. Why didn't Loki come when he called? Was he already bored of Peter?

Peter's lips pulled down into a small frown as he told FRIDAY to tell Mr. Stark that he was home and about to go to sleep. The AI obliged and told him goodnight.

He sighed and crawled under the covers, his mixed emotions leaking into his dreams.

***

The only sound present as Peter wandered around the tower was the rhythmic thumping of his feet as he walked. The tower was unusually silent as Peter searched each room for someone.

He walked downstairs and into the main common room. Everything quieted and all Peter heard was the distorted sound of his heart thumping. He looked around the room until he spotted someone.

Loki was sitting in one of the armchairs, the rest of the room empty. Peter glanced outside to see an endless void filled with black nothingness. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering how that was possible.

He turned his attention back to the prince.

"Mr. Loki?" Peter asked, his voice distorted.

The god turned to Peter and set his book down. His stare was hard and unforgiving, it wasn't Loki's.

Peter was overwhelmed with an unexplainable fear and before he knew what he was doing, he was running through the halls of the tower at break-neck speed.

Then with a jolt, he was launched back to his old apartment. His aunt and uncle were sitting on the floor with who he recognized as his younger self. He looked so happy and innocent. Unburdened with the horrors that were yet to come. He figured that his younger self hadn't met Him yet.

They were playing a simple board game with him and Peter felt a smile beginning to form on his face.

Another jolt and he was in the training room with Natasha. She was staring at him coldly. Peter felt a shiver creep up his spine. She was terrifying. He felt another presence behind him so he spun around to see Loki standing some ways behind him, staring at Nat.

Peter's eyes widened dramatically as he realized what was about to happen. The world began to slow as Peter threw himself out of the way as Natasha and Loki charged at each other.

Natasha began fighting Loki as he occasionally used magic to his advantage. It was obvious that he was just toying with her and Peter felt a surge of anger shoot through his veins. He stood up and put himself between them.

It happened in an instant. Natasha threw a dagger and Loki right before Peter stepped between them. The knife planted itself in Peter's chest and all he felt was a numbness making its way through his body before he woke up.

***

An alarm was blaring and Peter asked what was going on.

"Boss wants to speak with you," FRIDAY responded, turning off the alarm at once, "He's in the penthouse living room."

Peter sighed, shaking his head and climbing out of bed. He got dressed and ready and walked out the door. He made his way to the penthouse living room where Tony was waiting on one of the couches. His hands folded together and pressed to his lips. Almost as if he was praying.