Chater 32

-+*^*+- Tony -+*^*+-

"FRIDAY, lock up the prisoner base floor before I leave. Thanks, darling."

Tony slid his signature sunglasses on as he walked to the quinjet platform, the sun shining directly in his face. It was a clear day, not a single cloud in the sky though a chill swept the air.

People were milling about, making sure that everything was in place for their take off. The mission was just another recon. Nothing too serious that would get any of them hurt... at least that's what he hoped.

He adjusted his grip on the metal briefcase he was carrying, swinging it slightly as he walked. His natural confidence and arrogance rolling off him. You could practically hear the 70s rock music in the background.

"Hey Cap!" Tony called, his lips turning up into a familiar smirk. "Where's the scary one? I got her bites for her."

Steve rolled his eyes and jutted his head up the quinjet. Giving Steve a quick little smile, he jogged up the ramp. Nat had wanted him to upgrade her bites so the settings were adjustable based on neural transmitters. With a simple thought she could now change her charge status from stun to burnt chicken in a matter of seconds.

"Did you fix them?" Nat asked, her widow uniform hugging her figure as she sat with her legs crossed.

Tony placed a hand over his reactor. "Ms. Widow when have I ever failed you?"

Nat let a smile creep up her face and Tony set the briefcase in his lap, unclipping the front and swinging it open with some dramatic flare. He was proud of his work. Well, it was a risk to turn the bites neural since if Nat began to panic, it would charge as high as possible. There was nothing he could do to fix it but he knew Nat was the most level headed person he knew so he figured it wouldn't be too bad.

He took the bites out of the foam casing and presented them to the assassin. She went to pick them up and examine them but Tony pulled away.

"Tsk tsk tsk- " Tony grabbed the bites and held them up. "- There was a little eensy weensy set back making these."

"Tony," Natasha warned, her voice dropping.

"It's nothing too bad of course- in fact, I would say it could even help you-"

"Tony."

"Fine fine! I managed to make them neural but I wasn't able to control it too much. Basically you have to keep a level head, if you go off in a panic then the bites will take that as a charge command and they'll be set to the deadliest setting depending on how panicky you are."

Natasha looked in thought for a moment. "Give them to me."

Tony grimaced. "Ma'am yes ma'am." and gave her the bites.

He watched as she put them on making sure there weren't any signs of the bite charging too high. So far so good.

"Alrighty! Time to get a move on- where's Cap? And Clint?" Tony asked, turning around in the quinjet. They were supposed to be taking him, Nat, Steve, and Clint.

Tony felt something hit his back harshly and he turned around in one swift motion. Below him on the ramp was Clint holding a nerf rebelle bow aimed at Tony.

"Move an inch and you'll face my wrath," Clint threatened as Steve shook his head and walked up the ramp.

Tony narrowed his eyes. "Careful there."

Clint only smiled at his taunt.

Tony grinned devilishly and whipped out his gauntlet that had been forming around his hand. Raising it to Clint he let it charge and fire, shooting hundreds of nerf darts in Clint's direction. Screams and yells were heard from the bottom of the ramp as the rest of the team laughed at the small nerf fight.

"Tony," Cap called, "Let's go."

The billionaire rolled his eyes, lowering his gauntlet and letting it disappear into his reactor. "You know, you might as well get that stick out of your ass Cap. You might get an infection." Tony said, making a face.

The ramp folded into the aircraft and the jet took off with a roar. They were on their way back to the base in New Jersey. Of course Tony was a little nervous but he'd be damned if he showed it. There was nothing to be nervous about... it was just a recon mission. Just a recon mission.