Chapter 1: Mysterious creature

Yellow walked through the Viridian forest with Chuchu on her shoulder. What a lovely day to be here, she thought, with the sunlight filtering through the quite literally viridian treetops.

All of a sudden, a blur passed by her so quickly it seemed as if she had only seen the air itself move. Yellow's ponytail swung onto her shoulder thanks to the passing wind brought by the blur. A surprised "pika, pikachuuuu" indicated that her partner had seen the blur in the air also. Calming herself down, Yellow squinted, hoping to see the something that had passed her only a few seconds ago. However, the way trees were packed together in the forest was not helping, and for the first time Yellow felt annoyed at the trees. Sighing, she continued her walk.

A few minutes later, she came upon a duo of team rocket grunts and a meowth who rudely walked over and asked her, "did you see a pokemon run past you?"

"No, and you are from Team Rocket, why would I be helping you?" Yellow's fingers tightened around Gravy's pokeball as she said this, and electricity crackled on Chuchu's cheeks. "You won't stop us, pipsqueak," growled a pink haired grunt.

"Hey Jessie, we have the signal," said the other, a purple haired grunt. The pink haired grunt, presumably named Jessie, growled.

The meowth with them opened its mouth and spoke," James is right, we can't risk losing the signal again." Gaping, Yellow asked," you can speak?"

"Yes, I can speak. Why does everybody ask?" the meowth grumbled. "Anyways Jessie, do you want to lose the signal again? That thing moves fast."

"Let's go then," Jessie said, shoving Yellow aside. "And you better get outta my way, blonde."

"Go, Inkay!" called James, " use teleport!"

Vanishing instantly, the Rocket trio teleported away, leaving an annoyed Yellow in the clearing. Looking around, she saw that they had actually left the device on the floor! Looking at the little blinking red dot, she followed it until it gave the impression that she was close.

She then arrived at a cliff. A huge one that dropped into a beautiful valley below and then rose up on the other side to an even steeper cliff face. There she presently found the Rocket trio, holding something that resembled a rifle. As she watched, they shot, but apparently missed whatever they were aiming at. Starting when they saw her, they sent out their own pokemon, but Yellow easily defeated them with a little help from Chuchu. Then recognizing her(finally) as a dexholder they left, muttering words of vengeance(though perhaps not very frighteningly). Looking at both cliffs, she hoped that wherever the pokemon was, it was safe.

What she didn't see was two bright, grateful yet hidden eyes looking at her from the opposite side of the cliff.
——————————————————
I'll be introducing Leavetty in the next chapter. I hope you don't mind that I added teleport to inkay's moveset.
I do not own pokemon.