Chapter 4: A Dexholder Meeting, and The Matter of Transportation

It was a windy afternoon a few days later when the phone call came. From Blue.

"Yellow there's a dexholder reunion for a week in two days the venue is Platinum's mansion in Sinnoh be there by 3 o'clock in the afternoon don't be late bye!"

It took nearly a minute for Yellow to interpret what Blue had said, since Blue hung up even before she had said anything as well as the speed Blue had spoken in. As the depth of the words sunk in, her eyes widened in realization. Sinnoh was across the ocean-if she was to arrive in two days she had to leave now.

Since she hadn't got enough money for an aeroplane or a ship, she would have to count on her pokemon. She knew she could not use the roads and bridges because they'd most likely take more than two days, and since Yellow got carsick even if it was just a short ride, road trips were not an option. However, she couldn't really rely on the substitute-surfboard trick, or use Butterfree as air transport, as it would be punishing on the pokemon.

She then looked at Leavetty, who was looking at her oddly. Sighing, she asked it," I need a way to Sinnoh, do you have one?"

The Leavetty(whom Yellow discovered was quite intelligent over the past few days) nodded. Poking its snout at the bag she had already packed, it headed outside and laid on the floor with its head turned towards her.

"You want me to get on?" this Yellow expressed with some surprise, because the torso of the Leavetty seemed so, so small. It also seemed to be punishment on the Leavetty. However, Yellow found that there was sufficient space on its back for her to ride on, and when Leavetty persisted in asking her to get on, she well, got on. Putting Chuchu into its pokeball, she got on the Leavetty. It then stretched its legs one by one and ran off at such a speed Yellow nearly fell off. She then felt vines wrapped round her waist-the only thing that kept her on its back. The vines were thin and gentle, but strong enough to keep her from falling.

After a while Yellow learnt to hold gently onto Leavetty's slender neck. The Leavetty's coat of fur, though thin, was smooth. Under the turquoise fur Yellow knew were its muscles, and though it seemed to be running at over 50 miles an hour, it never broke its pace. In fact, Yellow had been carried for nearly 10 minutes, and it had not stopped once.

As Yellow slipped from her train of thought, she noticed that it had stopped on top of a tree. In front of her lay Vermilion city, a crazy seaside port. "Home of Lt. Surge," Yellow thought.

Leavetty took a second to marvel at the cruise ships(at least that's what Yellow thought it was doing, and though they were far away from the cruise ships, it was looking in that direction) and then turned her head to the right-the blue ocean. Slowly turning, the Leavetty took a deep breath before jumping towards the water.

That had been unanticipated. What had been unanticipated too was the height of the tree. As they plummeted towards the big blue, Yellow's heart jumped into her throat. "If we aren't going to die from the impact, we'll sink!" she thought. Squeezing her eyes shut, she braced for the splash of saltwater.

It never came.

Yellow opened her eyes, and when they did, they widened almost immediately. Because they were moving in a fixed direction.

And mainly because the Leavetty was running at over 100 miles an hour(heaven knows why Yellow could keep her eyes open) on top of the ocean.

As the Leavetty's feet(or whatever they were) touched the surface of the water, it was done so that there was no spray every time a step was taken. The sea breeze gently blew in Yellow's face. Laughing, Yellow encouraged the Leavetty to go faster, which it happily did.

A few minutes later, Yellow stood in front of Platinum's mansion. Rapping smartly at the door, it opened to reveal the excited face of Pearl, her junior.

"Man! You sure are early!" exclaimed the light-hearted blonde, "perhaps you'd love to rest a bit, Prof. Oak is coming later today. Also, I should help take care of your pokemon. Would you mind giving them to me?"

Giving a nod, she took out her seven pokeballs. Pearl instantly noticed the masterball. "Cool! Can I see?" the boy's eyes were literally shimmering. "Of course!" replied Yellow.

Releasing the Leavetty, it shook its head, scratched its ear, then sat before allowing a psyched Pearl to pet it. They were then shown around the mansion, and then they settled in a guest room. After helping out in the kitchen(turns out that Leavetty was a genius at cooking, too) Leavetty, Yellow and Pearl went to the backyard(actually it was more like a backpark) and after Platinum had spied them from an upstairs window, she joined in their play.

After Leavetty gave Platinum a ride, a knock sounded. Turning out to be the famous professor Oak, he put down his things and quickly asked to be shown to the garden, hoping to see some new pokemon.

Today didn't disappoint. He found Yellow playing catch with an unfamiliar pokemon, and he quickly pounced on Yellow and asked her a truckload of questions with such vehemence in his voice Yellow's eyes widened and Leavetty skidded to a stop in front of her. Then, Leavetty was inspected and looked at from every angle until Leavetty fired a powerful hydro pump in the professor's face. Thus the professor sat and began playing with it, but not before it learned that its name was Leavetty and it was a legendary pokemon.

That night, Yellow settled on the bed with Leavetty on the floor. As she drifted off to sleep, she uttered," I hope Red is here tomorrow-he might get me some training tips. Oh and the others, too..."

------------------
I hope you liked this chapter!
I do not own pokemon.