Chapter 20: Wait For Me, Please

Yellow, Red, and Shanna went for a picnic in the Viridian forest. Little did they know that this would change the course of their lives forever.

It was a beautiful day, and Shanna was enjoying being the unofficial child of Red and Yellow, which would make both lovers blush madly. However, this peacefulness wouldn't last long.

Shanna rode piggyback on Red, who was laughing. Shanna was smiling at both of them, and Yellow, who was carrying the picnic basket, was laughing along.

A year had passed, and Red had found the courage to ask Yellow to be his girlfriend. Yellow had happily accepted, and Shanna had been there to congratulate them. Now, Shanna was a healthy nine year old, while Yellow was sixteen, and Red a year older. Though Shanna was nine, Red always said she was as light as a feather, and piggyback carrying her took no effort.

As soon as they found a clearing for their woody picnic, a metal machine knocked over a tree nearby, and its driver hopped out. Shanna growled.

"I told you I'd be back, " said the smug face of Giovanni.

Shanna snarled. Red glared. Yellow stiffened.

"Not very welcoming, are we?" Giovanni smirked.

"I have come to claim the Leavetian pureone, who is mine now. Refuse, and be blasted with this."

Giovanni patted his machine fondly.

"You dare use that weapon?"

Shanna had spoken up.

"You know what it is, Leavetty. After all, it is your kind that made this."

Shanna's face was contorted into an unreadable expression.

"You can't use that, you'll be killed too."

Giovanni grinned. "Of course I can!"

Yellow and Red simply said, "we aren't giving her to you!"

Giovanni turned and aimed the machine at them in one swift motion, and fired what looked like a laser.

"No!"

Shanna jumped in front of Yellow and Red, and was hit. A cry was barely heard from her as she was hit.

Both Yellow and Red watched in horror as Shanna didn't resist. After the light subsided, Shanna was on the ground, barely alive, the machine was smoking, unable to work. Giovanni was frustrated, trying to operate it.

"It - won't - work..." Shanna managed to weakly sputter out.

"This - machine - was only made - to work - for once," Shanna continued sputtering. "My ancestors - made it - so. It- will - never - work - again. Which also means - no bragging - that this - makes me - invincible."

Giovanni flew in a rage and disappeared. Shanna coughed. Yellow and Red ran to hold her.

"Yellow, I - know - I won't - survive - this time. But, you - must - read this."

Shanna pressed a small book into Yellow's hand.

"They - made - a big mistake - of trying - to kill me. The truth - is, I'm immortal."

Yellow was tearing up, and so was Red. Yellow managed to say, "Don't speak, you must conserve energy!"

"I am - immortal. I die, but - I can - be resurrected. I - cannot - ever - truly - die. This - is - my - first - time. But I will come back."

Shanna paused to cough.

"My essence - is fading, and - I will go - soon. But - I - will - come back. Wait - for me. Please?"

Shanna's eyes closed, and she fell limp. Yellow sobbed over her dead body, and Red too. Then, Shanna was turned into golden dust, and blown away on the wind.

Yellow's attention turned to the little book she held. Flipping through most of it, which contained blueprints and diagrams, she found the last three pages interesting.

The third and second last pages were about a prophecy. The one verse that told her the truth was one that said:

Her never-ending life is key
To how powerful she can be
And die she may, but she lives on
For a never-ending legacy.

The last page was some sort of a pokedex entry. Skipping over names, heights and weights, she read the description which brought her down in fresh tears. Red leaned over her shoulder to read it, and a tear slid down also.

Known for their abnormal(and legendary) strength, Leavetty are extremely hard to catch, but if you are successful in gaining one's trust and love, it will be so devoted it will use its dying breath protecting or avenging its trainer.

----------------------

Hope you liked this! That's all for now.

I do not own pokemon.