Chapter 17: Mew, the Awesome Grandmother

After the battle, the dexholders worked hard to repair the island. Rocks and caves that collapsed were put back right. Cut down trees were restored. Injured pokemon were healed.

Lack-two and Whi-two were rescued by Leavetty. They were scared, but safe. When Shanna came, they had been more than happy to follow her back above the ocean.

After two long days of repairing the island, Mew and Meloetta paid Shanna a visit.

After the battle, Shanna's leggings had turned into baggy pants that flowed around her legs, instead of being tucked into the knee high boots that she still wore. Her vested tunic now reached to nearly her ankle.

Shanna was sitting by the coast with some other dexholders. Two lights flashed, and Mew and Meloetta had appeared.

The Unovan and Kantonian dexholders had gasped in surprise. It's not every day legendaries visit.

Yellow was listening to their conversation, but Mew and Meloetta saw her looking and instantly turned into humans.

"Hello, Meloetta. Hello, grandma."

Mew's human form was that of a child that was younger than Shanna. It wore a pink dress. It also had an amazing ability to grumble.

"Do not call me grandma," Mew grumbled. The other dexholders snickered.

Meloetta on the other hand was less grumpy.

"I heard your voice was working again. So, vocal practice."

Shanna didn't say anything.

Mew sighed. "Sometimes I wonder if you're still mute."

Raising its voice, Mew yelled, "just get on with vocal practice, will you? For someone who has such talent, you sure don't recognize it. Sing! For heavens sake, my granddaughter who's the ruler of all pokemon seriously knows how to annoy people."

Shanna smiled, and stood. "I heard you the first time. Give me the note, will you, Meloetta?"

Meloetta looked surprised. Mew glared at her, and said simply, "Lightweight, Demi Lovato."

Meloetta sang the introduction. By this time, a lot of pokemon, including the dexholders' had come to watch. The entirety of the dexholders had come to watch too.

The moon had risen, and the sea was the embodiment of tranquility. Staring at the moon, Shanna began the song, and people and pokemon alike were stunnned.

The slightest words you said
Have all gone to my head
I hear angels sing in your voice
When you pull me close
Feelings I’ve never known
They mean everything
And leave me no choice

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can’t even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak

I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart

Make a promise, please
You’ll always be in reach
Just in case I need
You there when I call
This is all so new
Seems too good to be true
Could this really be
A safe place to fall

Light on my heart, light on my feet
Light in your eyes I can’t even speak
Do you even know how you make me weak, oh whoa?

I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling down

Drowned in your love
It’s almost all too much
Handle with care
Say you’ll be there

Oh, I’m a lightweight
Better be careful what you say
With every word I’m blown away
You’re in control of my heart
I’m a lightweight
Easy to fall, easy to break
With every move my whole world shakes
Keep me from falling apart
Keep me from falling apart, oh
Falling apart

When Shanna finished, she could hear no applause. Like all others who had heard her sing before them, they had been stunned into silence.

Her voice was light and lilting, soft but strong. It easily surpassed most others. When she sang, the silvery notes slipped and tumbled through the air, and the powerful notes rang like the largest of bells.

It was true that she had a gift indeed.

When the wild pokemon walked over, she turned. Caressing a pidgey's head closest to her, she never looked more like the leader of pokemon. Not only that, she wasn't pretty.

She was beautiful.

Shanna stared at them, and they were surprised even more. Her eye colour had changed to the shade of jadigo they were when she was in pokemon form.

Looking closer, they actually were still brown, but the moonlight which reflected from the sea into her eyes coloured them jadigo. When she moved away, her eyes were the usual shade of brownish-black.

Meanwhile, Meloetta was yelling at Mew.

"Wasn't that high note a bit harsh for a beginning? She has just regained her voice! Also, she's eight! Romantic songs shouldn't fit!"

"Relax, she'll be fine. Also, Leavettys mature at seven, "Mew groaned. "You're such a worrywart"

"Meloetta, relax, I'll be fine. I can sing at insistence." Shanna smiled as she said this.

Meloetta pouted. "It's no good when you're ordered. You sing best when you aren't pressured. I'll be leaving - I don't want to damage your newly healed vocal cords with opera yet. Next time?"

"Next time, I'll be ready, " Shanna assured a leaving Meloetta.

Mew was grinning after Meloetta left. "I told you you'd do it! Now, here you go!"

A small bag was put into Shanna's hand.

"Aunt Celebi's cookies! Wow, thanks grandma!"

Mew grumbled. "Don't call me grandma."

"Well, I am your granddaughter, so…"

Mew sighed. "Just call me Mew."

Shanna smiled. "Thanks, Mew."

On that, Mew left, bidding a fond farewell.

When she left, Shanna turned to the others.

"Do you want to try this? Aunt Celebi's cookies are amazing!"

Shanna reached her hand out.

Yellow extended hers first, and Shanna gave her one cookie.

Yellow broke it in two and gave the other half to Chuchu.

Nibbling at it, Yellow's face broke out in a radiant smile.

"It's delicious!"

Chuchu stuffed her half in her mouth.

The other dexholders reached forward. As Shanna handed out cookies, she said, "You deserve this. After all, you did so much!"

One by one the dexholders' faces broke out in smiles after eating the sweet treat. Even Green and Silver smiled.

That night, the scene was beautiful. The moon shone along with a thousand stars. Occasional breezes swept over the ocean, touching it with delicate fingers - and the ocean rippled, as the moonlight did on its surface. Some say it was a coincidence that the weather bent the dexholders' way.

Others say that they were celebrating the return of the pureone once so helplessly trapped in despair.

----------------------

Did you like this? I hope you did. It took me ages. Mew, by the way, is one grandma I'd love to have.

I do not own both pokemon and the youtube video.