Chapter 11: If You Cry, We Cry Together

Yellow stretched on the grass. Relaxation was awesome. After the Crystal incident, she had practiced her powers on actual people, preparing for similar situations. Now that she had gotten herself a well earned break, she was relaxing with her pokemon.

She had taken to treating injured people inside the forest. Leavetty would locate them, create an illusion to form around them, then erase their memory of Yellow ever being there. In that way, Yellow had progressed from cuts and bruises to bone fractures and concussions. Yes, concussions. Apparently an idiot can get concussions in a forest.

Yellow stretched, and so did her pokemon. A break was soothing.

Yellow could feel the wind in her hair, and hear the pidgeys chirp tirelessly. It was a wonderful afternoon.

Staring at the trees, she sighed. She missed her parents.

Wait, where did that come from?

Yellow stared at Leavetty. Could the pokemon have influenced her thoughts?

Leavetty looked confused. No, it didn't influence her thoughts. But it had heard them all the same.

Yellow breathed. She might as well explain the concept of parents to Leavetty. However, she wasn't comfortable with telling what really happened so directly.

She made use of twigs around her. A large twig represented her mother, and a larger twig represented her father. A tiny twig represented herself.

She also added another twig. This, she explained, was Uncle Wilton, the brother of her father.

By moving the twigs around, she told her story.

The tiny twig(aka Yellow) was put into the midst of her parents in such a way it indicated that she had been adopted. Yellow played happily around with the three sticks that indicated her foster mother, foster father and herself before sucking in a deep breath and telling Omny to come and slightly wet her hands.

Yellow proceded to smear the larger stick(her father) with water, and flung some sand at it. The result was a stick that looked like it had measles. Yellow was nearly crying now. She pushed the stick over, and covered it with dirt.

Yellow's pokemon leaned closer. Their trainer had never told them this before.

Yellow repeated the whole process with her mother. At the end, she burst into tears. Leavetty sat next to her and rubbed her snout against her neck. Her other pokemon sat closer and showed their affection in their own way.

After Yellow calmed down, Leavetty gave her a searching look. After seeming satisfied, it gathered up its own bundle of sticks. Setting them up, Yellow counted fourteen.

Leavetty broke off a piece from a stick that supposedly meant her mother. She set that piece upright, gesturing that it was herself.

The other remaining sticks were gathered around Leavetty's family. Leavetty took one stick from the bunch and knocked the others down except for the stick that represented her. After burying all the other twigs, she tapped the stick that represented her on the only stick left. That one disintegrated. A single tear slid down from her right eye.

Yellow could see there was a lot more to the story than this. But she saw that Leavetty didn't want to say anything more. Bringing it close, Yellow and Leavetty hugged, a comfort in each other's arms.

They knew each other's secret now, and it made them happy to know that she could trust each other.

——————————————————————

This chapter is kinda short(ok whatever, it's very short) but I needed it anyways. See you next time!

I do not own pokemon.