Chapter 2: A Favor Returned

The next day, Yellow went for another walk with Chuchu into the Viridian Forest. It was a cloudy day, but nice temperature nonetheless. In the heart of the forest(Yellow never stuck to the forest paths, but since she knew the forest like the back of her hand, it was no big problem), a cry of fury rang out. Yellow watched, horror struck as a giant nidoking reared in front of her. Terrified, Yellow backed away until she was backed against a tree-she was stuck. The nidoking roared and readied itself, and judging by the light surrounding it, it was going to use earth power. Yellow shut her eyes, too terrified to even move.

But the blow never came.

Yellow opened her eyes just enough to see the nidoking get hit by a powerful hydro pump. Recoiling from the super-effective move, the nidoking fled into the trees. Turning around, she hoped to thank her saviour, only to find the pokemon waiting for her to come out. Stepping closer, it was then she could finally see it a little clearer.

When one describes a pokemon, sometimes a special feature catches one's eye. This however, Yellow thought, was charisteristic and eye-catching as a whole. It looked quite like an espeon, with its forked tail and the way it stood, but it had a longer and more slender snout, ears that were the length of its head(providing its head was the length of her forearm, it was no small hearing instrument), a slender physique(very similar to an espeon's but much more slender, Yellow noted), unusually long legs that seemed to hold its body up with the tips of their feet, no toes(or paws either, and even if it did have a paw joint, it ended only in a pointed end which it stood on), and a long forked tail. That, added with its coloration of what looked like light turquoise, and forest green 'high boots' on each limb, as well as a height that reached her chest, the pokemon was strange but radiated some otherworldly beauty and elegance.

Perhaps its eyes were the most mesmerizing, Yellow thought, if one had to choose. Big, and of indeterminate colour that was something like a mix of jade green and indigo(jadigo, Yellow thought, amused), they sparkled like stars, but held some wisdom and sadness within.

Reaching forward, she reached out her hands. Responding to Yellow almost immediately, the pokemon touched its snout gently to her delicate hands, rubbing them softly. As the pokemon did that, a river of words flooded her mind. Desperately trying to get hold of them, she could only identify two: leavetty, and legendary. Since she knew that legendary wasn't a name, she asked the pokemon," you're a Leavetty, and you're a legendary pokemon, am I right?"

The Leavetty nodded. Yellow then asked Leavetty," I can normally understand pokemon, but I can't now. Why?" The Leavetty sat and drew a paw(or whatever it was) across its mouth." So you can't speak," Yellow mused, " you're a first for sure."

The leavetty seemed to smile. Then, it dropped a masterball at Yellow's feet. Looking at the masterball and then at Yellow, it stood back. Yellow, understanding the gesture, picked up the masterball and threw it, though not very accurately because she was without her fishing pole. All the same, she caught it as the Leavetty had let itself in by touching the masterball with its ear. Smiling, Yellow picked up the masterball.

"Welcome to my team, leavetty."

------------------

I hope this one is good enough. Did you like leavetty? By the way, it's not a grass type. It was named because it's green(or at least the ones born in the day are), and very pretty. At least, the first Leavetty humankind ever saw was green.

Leavettys are turquoise in colour. Those born in the day are greener, while Leavettys born in the night are bluer. The more daylight there is, the greener you are, while the darker it is, the bluer you are. The ones born at noon are not turquoise, but entirely green, while the ones born at midnight are entirely blue, and the others in between are turquoise, and the shade depends on the time it is born(as mentioned above). As a result, only those born at dawn or sunset bear the colour 'true turquoise' and it must be the exact time when only half the sun is seen. Specific, right? I'll explain other feature differences later.

I do not own pokemon.