Chapter 21: Remember Me?

~Three years later~

Yellow walked through the Viridian Forest. She was nineteen now, and she was finally showing her womanly figure.

She sighed. She had come a long way in her growth, but she still missed the little girl that was Shanna, whom she had loved.

A lot of things had happened, too. Green finally acknowledged his love for Blue, and had proposed to her not long ago. Today they were coming over with Red to discuss their wedding, so Yellow decided a walk would give her a few ideas before they came.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts she didn't notice the hostile nidoking until it roared ferociously. Squeaking, she remembered that the last time this happened, someone had been there to save her. Even that was only by a rare chance.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she waited for the nidoking to attack her.

It never did.

Yellow raised her head to hear a whooshing noise as a hydro pump collided with the nidoking. Gaping, Yellow watched as the nidoking fled.

She turned to see a girl, her hand still dripping wet at what she had done earlier. The girl raised her head, using her beautiful but sad brown eyes to stare at her almost unbelievingly. Wait, it couldn't be...

Shanna stared. For a year she had searched for Yellow, the only thing that anchored her to sanity at the time. And Yellow was here, standing and staring with the same bewildered expression as her's, hoping she wasn't dreaming.

Dying and reviving hadn't been easy. The jerks from consciousness into unconsciousness and back again had nearly driven her insane. She had woken up on an island with no memory of nearly everything. All she remembered was her own name and age, and Yellow's name and appearance. She also had no idea where she was.

It took her two years to recover and get her bearings and her memories back, but she always held on to the fact that Yellow was out there, waiting. She refused to waste another second and immediately started searching for Yellow after she regained the entirety of her sanity. After a year of swimming, running, flying, and wonky teleportations, she had found Yellow.

"Yellow?" She timidly asked.

"Shanna?" Yellow asked.

In a flurry of movement, Shanna threw herself into the open and waiting arms of Yellow, and hugged her. "I can't believe it's you!" they both cried.

Crying and laughing, they exchanged greetings. Both of them had grown.

Yellow's hair reached her waist, a tumbling mass of gold that accented her greenish-yellow eyes. She had grown taller, too.

Shanna's own brownish-black hair was tucked into its very long braid. Yellow could tell it had lengthened, since the braid was so complicated it would stop her hair from touching the ground. Still, it reached her ankles. The brown eyes were still as sad and mysterious as ever, with jadigo dashing across every few seconds. You could see she had the makings of a young woman in her figure, but they only accented how beautiful she truly was.

Yellow invited Shanna to come to her house for tea. "For old times' sake" she explained. On the way she explained about Green and Blue's wedding, and asked her for opinions. Shanna in turn gave suggestions and told her about the time on the island in the middle of nowhere.

"I found out is was the famous Ilesta, or Island of the Stone Pedestals, and is known in a myth to be a source of powerful magic.

There, my memories were regained faster than they should have, being on sacred ground. It is also the final resting place of the past four pureones. Which explains the strong magic there.